"Lightheaded" bugged

colarama

I've had Lightheaded for several hours now. Despite everyone "helpfully" pointing how quickly they explode, I have not. That's hours of hanging around, killing rhagouls, earning nothing while others are earning their DNA. I can't but feel I'm owed some DNA for this fruitless grinding.

There seems to be more opinion than fact on the world event. Some believe you have to keep fighting for the disease to "progress". From the hundreds of people grinding this with ZERO effort on fleet, obviously this is not true. A little clarification from bio would probably be helpful.

Obviously this is a bug. Not a common bug, but I've heard from enough people asking why they are lightheaded after an hour or two when everyone else seems to pop in twenty minutes.

Please fix this! So far this has made the world event a real drag.

I've had Lightheaded for several hours now. Despite everyone "helpfully" pointing how quickly they explode, I have not. That's hours of hanging around, killing rhagouls, earning nothing while others are earning their DNA. I can't but feel I'm owed some DNA for this fruitless grinding.

There seems to be more opinion than fact on the world event. Some believe you have to keep fighting for the disease to "progress". From the hundreds of people grinding this with ZERO effort on fleet, obviously this is not true. A little clarification from bio would probably be helpful.

Obviously this is a bug. Not a common bug, but I've heard from enough people asking why they are lightheaded after an hour or two when everyone else seems to pop in twenty minutes.

Please fix this! So far this has made the world event a real drag.

Feeling your pain, bro.

The trick is curing it, removing the vaccine buff, and then reinfecting. Occasionally, the disease progression is hiccuping for whatever reason, and that leaves you locked on "Lightheaded" until you begin the cycle from zero. Annoying, very much. But fixable.

You can also "cure" it by a suicide leap off a railing on Fleet or similar and again, reinfect yourself to get the timer working properly once again.

But the vaccine lasts 6 hours dosen't it? I fixed it by doing a war one but if a great fall would do it like stated above then I would suggest sarlack or the canyon on the far right.

Right click the vaccine buff to remove it....

I have also discovered that if you take off your gear on put gear on while your infected it will stay on whatever level of infection you've got. Cure yourself, then pop the cure off and get reinfected if you're lagging, but in the middle of your infection don't take off/put on gear.

But the vaccine lasts 6 hours dosen't it? I fixed it by doing a war one but if a great fall would do it like stated above then I would suggest sarlack or the canyon on the far right.

You can remove buffs by right-clicking it.... >_>

Edited by Eillack

Feeling your pain, bro.

The trick is curing it, removing the vaccine buff, and then reinfecting. Occasionally, the disease progression is hiccuping for whatever reason, and that leaves you locked on "Lightheaded" until you begin the cycle from zero. Annoying, very much. But fixable.

You can also "cure" it by a suicide leap off a railing on Fleet or similar and again, reinfect yourself to get the timer working properly once again.

WTH is this and how do i get rid of it.

Didnt leave planet, didnt take off gear, I healed and got reinfected, still stays stuck in lightheaded. That vaccine doesnt alway fix it. i contacted customer support, no help at all. I have tried to die, log, everything i can think of. nothing is fixing it.

Didnt leave planet, didnt take off gear, I healed and got reinfected, still stays stuck in lightheaded. That vaccine doesnt alway fix it. i contacted customer support, no help at all. I have tried to die, log, everything i can think of. nothing is fixing it.

CS told me that loading ANY new area will reset the timer on Lightheaded.

This makes running solo missions a real pain.

This makes running WZs a real pain.

If healing/cleansing also bugs or resets the timer, then doing ANYTHING but standing around is going to be a real pain.

Which is why, on my server, we have the Dune Sea Dive Team, the Sarlaac Suicide Squad, and the Cult of Rak-Laac. All of these groups get infected at the crash site, wait for the disease to progress to Feverish, then either take a swan dive off of a tall Sand Crawler, or jump into the Sarlaac Pit.

Then there's the group of people who stand at the Fleet Pass Spawn point, and wait to get infected, feverish, blow up, and rez in place.... and repeat. It's boring as hell. At least the DSDT, SSS, and CRL's are making a game out of it.

Not just light headed. I was in full blown mode and traveled to Hutta, It cured me externally, removing any visual effects while keeping me set as infected.

I think this happens when you use any form of transport that requires you to load to a different setting. The solution is to cure yourself, remove the cure buff and let yourself get reinfected.