Imperial society

Darth_Solrac

How do you think they really feel bout their government? Do they just put up with it? Or, do they actually like the way their society is run? Their pro-human policy?

I believe they just put up with it, after having gotten used to it for so long. Any attempts at protest, reform, rebellion, etc. would probably not go well, for them anyway.

There's a reason the Sith and Empire don't last long. Their rules are fleeting because nobody freakin' likes them.

They kill each other constantly. They kill random people constantly. They manage to make everyone hate them.

Is it sustainable? I wouldn't think so but then I look at North Korea so maybe...

With enough brainwashing and fear they can probably control stuff decently.

There's a reason the Sith and Empire don't last long. Their rules are fleeting because nobody freakin' likes them.

They kill each other constantly. They kill random people constantly. They manage to make everyone hate them.

Is it sustainable? I wouldn't think so but then I look at North Korea so maybe...

So wrong, & so missing the point.

How do you think they really feel bout their government? Do they just put up with it? Or, do they actually like the way their society is run? Their pro-human policy?

I believe they just put up with it, after having gotten used to it for so long. Any attempts at protest, reform, rebellion, etc. would probably not go well, for them anyway.

Having played through as an Imperial Agent, I believe they like it and think it's a lot better than the Republic (the two favoured opinions being "corrupt" and "scum"). Keeper and the Watchers all seem to believe in the Empire as a people, and seem okay with the pro-human arrangement. There's even a scene in the webcomic on this site were Kaas City is celebrating and the Sith are leading the cheers.

There are some flaws. Without spoiling too much, Imperial Intelligence seems to grate with the Sith on a number of things. There is also a notable quest when Sith are killing randomers but everyone seems to just accept this. In my opinion, the people take the leeway with the Sith as a trade off for their strong society.

If you've reached Illum, you'll also have realised that the Empire is in a bit of a turmoil with the anti-alien policy (and spoilers from a future update seem to hint at more conflict over this as well). Suffice to say, most of the Empire are Sith/Human and so don't care for it.

Bit less relevant but there's also a bit talking to Lord Scourge were he states that as a child, they would use the Jedi as a boogeyman "If you don't practice daily the Jedi will come and get you" or something like that. This is true as well, as I've heard from multiple sources that as a light side Sith Warrior, the Jedi attack you unprovoked.

Edited by Harlequintwo

Having played through as an Imperial Agent, I believe they like it and think it's a lot better than the Republic (the two favoured opinions being "corrupt" and "scum"). Keeper and the Watchers all seem to believe in the Empire as a people, and seem okay with the pro-human arrangement. There's even a scene in the webcomic on this site were Kaas City is celebrating and the Sith are leading the cheers.

There are some flaws. Without spoiling too much, Imperial Intelligence seems to grate with the Sith on a number of things. There is also a notable quest when Sith are killing randomers but everyone seems to just accept this. In my opinion, the people take the leeway with the Sith as a trade off for their strong society.

If you've reached Illum, you'll also have realised that the Empire is in a bit of a turmoil with the anti-alien policy (and spoilers from a future update seem to hint at more conflict over this as well). Suffice to say, most of the Empire are Sith/Human and so don't care for it.

Bit less relevant but there's also a bit talking to Lord Scourge were he states that as a child, they would use the Jedi as a boogeyman "If you don't practice daily the Jedi will come and get you" or something like that. This is true as well, as I've heard from multiple sources that as a light side Sith Warrior, the Jedi attack you unprovoked.

Enlightening, thank you.

Seeing as how the Jedi and the Republic attempted to completely wipe out their civilization in the Great Hyperspace War (Civilians included), I think they're pretty cool with the Empire. Edited by Aximand

Proof?

The Galactic Empire (Palpatine's) was to some extent, Stormtroopers and a few other things. The Sith Empire (TOR Era) wasn't so much, the only thing that could come even close to Nazi Germany for the Sith Empire is the Anti-Alien sentiment, and even that is starting to collapse a little bit.

The Galactic Empire (Palpatine's) was to some extent, Stormtroopers and a few other things. The Sith Empire (TOR Era) wasn't so much, the only thing that could come even close to Nazi Germany for the Sith Empire is the Anti-Alien sentiment, and even that is starting to collapse a little bit.

Agree on GE, & SE.

The SE is not just Sith Lords.

THough Sith Lords are superior, I actually think Sith Lords are the minority of population in SE.

Seeing as how the Jedi and the Republic attempted to completely wipe out their civilization in the Great Hyperspace War (Civilians included), I think they're pretty cool with the Empire.

Yea, did the Republic ever try to explain or apologize that away? Suppose it is no longer necessary as the SE got its well deserved revenge when it sacked Courascant.

Greetings everyone!

We appreciate the interesting discussion you have started and just want to give a small reminder to please keep your posts within the realm of the Star Wars Universe regarding any politics and religion examples you wish to give. We understand that its easy to use real world examples for comparisons but given the volatile nature of such discussion, we do not permit them on the forums.

Thanks everyone and we look forward to your discussion!

I'm not sure but i think i read somewhere that the emperor also uses his power to keep the population somewhat more docile, which would help with keeping order off course.

Furthermore, every person within the empire is probably told from very early on that their purpose is, and always has been, to destroy the republic which treated their ancestor's so "unfair".

but mostly i think its the influence of the dark side, some sort of brainwashing I guess, that keeps them mostly under control and the fact that these people dont know any better.

Yea, did the Republic ever try to explain or apologize that away? Suppose it is no longer necessary as the SE got its well deserved revenge when it sacked Courascant.

From what I understand, the Sith were trying to do the exact same thing because of an earlier war, so it was more of a "If you kill us we'll kill you right back" situation. Its been forever since I had access to the comics that were written about the Great Hyperspace War, and I don't completely trust Wookieepedia 100% so I can't tell you exactly.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if an official apology were dispatched to the Empire.

Dear Emperor

Sorry about that whole genocide thing.

Supreme Chancellor Saresh

Emperor: Call off the invasion!

Buuuut on topic now.

I think that the people will say and show they like the Empire, but from what I can gather, the Empire has no freedom of speech, freedom of protest, freedom of press, etc. etc. etc. So I theorize that if the Citizens of the Empire could change things, they would. They are survivalists though, or so it may seem, and what survivalist would revolt against an hierarchy of super-powerful force users?

Edited by Guildrum

They actually faithfully believe in their Empire, and the Emperor himself, remove the Emperor... well we have seen what happened.

I am German, and I can tell you from history, you wont notice

if you are living among the rules of a regime like the empire

in the movies or the third reich in reality ...

to be honest a lot of things you see as normal in the U.S for instance,

would be something clearly empire-esque in my books ...

if you after material based might, you have no choice as becoming a

empire, that needs to see its enemys and oppositions as weak and

disposable to function and keep itself together ...

thats the base moral of Star Wars, if you just seek might with out

reflecting your own urges and motivations you will become corupted,

even if you are under the impression to do the right things ...

like Luke Skywalker who became the same as his father simply

by fighting him ... but he made a desicion at the right point,

a desicion anikin was unable to take ...

SWTOR Imperial citizens, from my understanding are a very mixed bag. Some of them are just like Republic citizens who fully realise how much their government suck, others are completely brainwashed and others fall down the middle.

I am German, and I can tell you from history, you wont notice

if you are living among the rules of a regime like the empire

in the movies or the third reich in reality ...

to be honest a lot of things you see as normal in the U.S for instance,

would be something clearly empire-esque in my books ...

if you after material based might, you have no choice as becoming a

empire, that needs to see its enemys and oppositions as weak and

disposable to function and keep itself together ...

thats the base moral of Star Wars, if you just seek might with out

reflecting your own urges and motivations you will become corupted,

even if you are under the impression to do the right things ...

like Luke Skywalker who became the same as his father simply

by fighting him ... but he made a desicion at the right point,

a desicion anikin was unable to take ...

Uh ohs.....

I think it helps that ALL imperial citizens join the military and so get brainwashed/banged int heir heads to always follow orders, or else. Its a very spartan kind of society in that aspect. Its like space spartans if they were run by the aristocratic houses of Dune (The Dark Council). The sith council political intrigue that I have seen seem quite close to this.

just yesterday I was running (well, riding my STAP) across one of the bridges in Kaas city, right through a protest. what were they protesting? the republic and their "anti/kill all the imperials" policies.

In game terms at least, I think the people of the Empire like the empire.

Then again, it might just be all in how you sell it. To the imperials, the republic is the bad guy, threatening genocide, to the republic, the imperials are the bad guys threatening genocide.

just yesterday I was running (well, riding my STAP) across one of the bridges in Kaas city, right through a protest. what were they protesting? the republic and their "anti/kill all the imperials" policies.

In game terms at least, I think the people of the Empire like the empire.

Then again, it might just be all in how you sell it. To the imperials, the republic is the bad guy, threatening genocide, to the republic, the imperials are the bad guys threatening genocide.

Also the ones leading the protests could be Imperial Intelligence morale agents.

Oh and a neat little thing I almost missed on tatooine. The thresh hold leaving the space port has 2 big monitors with imperial news on it that if you click you can watch. Gives more insight into imperial society.

:csw_destroyer: