In Game Special event - Happening Now

Owsley

Can any Republic confirm the coords to get the "infected" event for the Wreckage Quest?

I got the first 2 in Anchorhead but I've scoured Lagrona Outpost and the coords posted here and I can't find any event to trigger the quest...

You need 3 from Anchorhead.

- the medical supplies east of the cantina

- the news panel just outside the starport

- the droppod in the wall a bit north of the starport

Then west of the speeder there's a quest. You dont need to go to Lagrona Outpost to get it.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually a way to farm DNA, you get infected by being attacked a couple times by an infected (and still glowing green) mob, then the virus progresses and once it progresses to the point where you are "feverish" (10 minutes after becoming infected) you can then go get yourself killed and upon dying you get 5 DNA samples. (Alternatively you could wait another 10 minutes and you will self explode). if anyone is in the AoE of it, they will get infected as well. The only way this doesn't work is if you are using the vaccine. So don't use it.

I'm personally already at 50 DNA samples doing it this way, Happy contaminating!

I think this event was partly aimed at encouraging open world PVP, which is why one of the new world bosses is in the pvp area... Even on a PVE server I've been seeing a lot of pvp around the event areas. Republic outnumber empire on my server and we still dominated most of the area. Just come back later if you can't get to it now.

Exactly. This is the one thing which makes me wanna get back into the game. Finally some pvp action. And if people dont like it then they should of rolled pve to be honest.

It seems the pieces are scattered all over Tatooine in places they shouldn't be, laws of physics be damned.

What? a ship broke up while going down on a planet? pieces fell in random spots? Whaaaaa?

How dare pieces hit the planet at random places. How dare they.

This has led to some pretty fun stuff, but at the same time its been fairly frustrating because the Imperials just keep interfering so we can't take down the world bosses. We had 24+ people and even though they couldn't just kill us, they were able to keep resetting the bosses over and over so we could not complete them.

Stop acting like a helpless victim, if imps are camping there get a big rep group and TAKE IT. This is what PVP is. Gather your guild, gather people on the planet, people on fleet, DO STUFF.

Ask yourself one question.

Was Ilum a success with Armaments?

I knew there would be vast population imbalances based on Beta so I picked a PvE server. When a server has a ratio of 3 to 1, there are no big Republic Groups.

Edited by illgot

I knew there would be vast population imbalances based on Beta so I picked a PvE server.

You will never have population balance. There will always be an underdog. The underdog can still win. That's it.

You will never have population balance. There will always be an underdog. The underdog can still win. That's it.

On my server Imperials owned central Ilum 99% of the time. The only time Republics owned central Ilum were dead late at night when the Repub Aussies came to play and outnumbered the Imperials who were sleeping.

Edited by illgot

There's actually a way to farm DNA, you get infected by being attacked a couple times by an infected (and still glowing green) mob, then the virus progresses and once it progresses to the point where you are "feverish" (10 minutes after becoming infected) you can then go get yourself killed and upon dying you get 5 DNA samples. (Alternatively you could wait another 10 minutes and you will self explode). if anyone is in the AoE of it, they will get infected as well. The only way this doesn't work is if you are using the vaccine. So don't use it.

I'm personally already at 50 DNA samples doing it this way, Happy contaminating!

I'm not sure what the mechanic for this is, I've gone from Infected to Feverish in minutes, and other times it's taken close to an hour.

As of now I've been feverish for 30 minutes, haven't died yet.

Wreckage -1390, 446 (Dune Sea, straight west from Outpost Zaroshe)

Thank you for new one.

5 so far in this thread

760, -915

1095, 443

745 -2545

-1390, -446 (turns ouy yhere should be '-')

2420.0-750(seems off)

Edited by Elear

We got up a decent group on our server that could match the imperials, but the problem was we could only even them out... it was probably 30 or so vs. 30 or so, so we were unable to defeat any world bosses as they kept attacking to interrupt.

I think this event was partly aimed at encouraging open world PVP, which is why one of the new world bosses is in the pvp area... Even on a PVE server I've been seeing a lot of pvp around the event areas. Republic outnumber empire on my server and we still dominated most of the area. Just come back later if you can't get to it now.
Indeed. These are wise words of wisdom. It would be wise to listen to them.

On my server Imperials owned central Ilum 99% of the time. The only time Republics owned central Ilum were dead late at night when the Repub Aussies came to play and outnumbered the Imperials who were sleeping.

All PvP disputes will be handled via PvP.

Make a group and fight, or tuck tail and run...your choice.

The Imps have their numbers and precious lightening, we have the Force.

I knew there would be vast population imbalances based on Beta so I picked a PvE server. When a server has a ratio of 3 to 1, there are no big Republic Groups.

Ah, it's one of those servers with LESS THAN AN OPS GROUP of pubs but millions of imps.

There are a lot of those... in people's minds.

How exactly do you infect people?

Blow up near them.

This either takes quite some time (when i.e. on your own fleet near the GTN^^).

Or in PvP when you get killed. I only died in PvP with stage2 infection (glowing eyes) dont know if this will also work during stage1.

You get 4.3k credits and 5 vaccines for the Q.

There was also -2420, -750 (can't remember who posted that one) - near some sand-people, high on the ridge.

Just noticed I missed this one(altought now I look there and it ddoesn't seem reachable), also new one appeared in meantime.

Edited by Elear