In Game Special event - Happening Now

Owsley

Just ran the World PVP boss on Darth malak.

A heads up to those joining ops groups to kill the boss, our group contained 5 or 6 Pillowfight Deathmatch players, with one as the Ops Lead, just before the boss was killed they kicked all from the group and swiped all the loot for themselves.

Not complaining as much as it's just a note if anyone is looking at running it to watch out.

Technically untrue, The ops lead; switched to master looter mid fight, and after the fight was finished awarded the one good item to come out of it to a bounty hunter who had asked for it (a pug i might add) and began kicking / sending out items randomly, anyone who was kick was immediately red to the rest of the ops group and was instantly killed, it happens, and tbh was rather funny from the outside in my oppinion, cant expect to get crazy gear from an event boss with 24 ppl in ops group anyway + nothing dropped for me. Funny little bit of Fallout PFDM is taking now too :p

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. No one even knew it was coming until it showed up.

Not true, several people including myself were speculating on the forums about hours before the event went live. Dig around on the forums in for example the Hoth Tauntaun Mystery Thread and you can see that we managed to nearly discover exactly what was going to happen.

I noticed a couple of times, that the debuff would get bugged (lightheaded) and wouldn't turn into the explosion debuff. To fix this I changed instances on the planet, however I think there needs to be more than 100 people on the planet for there to be two separate instances. Maybe logging back in would work too.

I happened to actually BE on Tatooine yesterday, going with my bonus missions and all of the sudden, BOOM in the middle of Sand People there's a quest to collect some stuff and investigate the Escape Pod and livestock thingy, etc. I was absolutely NOT aware of any event, but hey, waroom niet?

So I ran and did what I had to, at some point getting "feverish" (had no idea where form, I concluded that one of raghouls infected be" but noting happened, so I was running and killing and then.. BOOM again, DEAD.

*** I asked myself? But I reviewed and continued, finally getting that DNA stuff.. Could also purchase some stims to get rid of the Womp Rat disease....

Now I have some DNA Sample in my inventory, and mysterious information that "someone might be very interested" to buy it.

Hm..shall i run to Anchorhead?

I would avoid the fleet as I hear the infection spreads there like hell :)

Edited by Przemo_No

Bioware

After all the criticism you have faced lately, I just wanted to tell you how good this event is.

-Great, fitting story, and it really shows how involving and good actual story and its orchestration in an MMO can be

-interesting quests and gameplay, even a world boss in the arena, just great

-real good rewards, mostly vanity stuff, very wise decision

really well done, other MMOs can and will learn from this

Have to agree. Some of the quest stages are a bit of a clickwar but no biggie, for their first ever event (that obviously hasn't been even PTS tested as it's a surprise) it's a job very well done. As you said, it has story behind it (the announcements in fleet were a really clever way to get people there!), quests can be done solo but theres the boss for people who want to group, and nice vanity stuff as rewards. Nice job indeed :)

Hopefully it lasts a few days at least so you dont have to chain-explode to get enough samples though :p

Edit: If what I read is right though, they really should either make the companion customizations tradeable, or only reward player with one his/her class can use. No point giving Kira customization for trooper etc.

Edited by Freor

Now I have some DNA Sample in my inventory, and mysterious information that "someone might be very interested" to buy it.

Hm..shall i run to Anchorhead?

I would avoid the fleet as I hear the infection spreads there like hell :)

Sample turn in is in Outpost Largona(it should be marked on your map)

Bioware CS can't grant titles. You're screwed. I have been bugged out on Soa Nightmare / Karagga Nightmare titles and they told me to just redo the fights.... So don't expect help from BioWare here.. or ever. They're useless, don't waste your time asking them for anything.

Well but there is the problem, that we cant simply redo it, because we already got the kodex entries for the 3 worldbosses ... so there is no way to redo it because we already got it ... its simply the last codex entry which is not correctly triggering

Well but there is the problem, that we cant simply redo it, because we already got the kodex entries for the 3 worldbosses ... so there is no way to redo it because we already got it ... its simply the last codex entry which is not correctly triggering

If you have all 3 codices for the world bosses I'm sure a simple patch tomorrow after maintenance will resolve it. Seeing as the system can use those codices as a check to unlock the last one.

I said the event REMINDS me of the pre-WOTLK zombie event. Not that it's a copy. It is, in fact, very different in nature indeed, except for the fact that you become a defacto zombie and can infect people.

Sheesh there's no pleasing some people. One minute it's too much like Warcraft and the next it's not enough. Isn't there something to be said for games developers inspiring one another? WoW is basically DAOC+Lineage+EQ, afterall, and it was a great game. I enjoyed it for like 7 years. Now I enjoy something different. Change is good. And so is evolution.

As to the containment officer title, is there any confirmation it's from all 3 world bosses? There's a new daily available today that rewards the gloves to the set. Is it possible the title is given to people who collect the full containment officer uniform instead?

As to the containment officer title, is there any confirmation it's from all 3 world bosses? There's a new daily available today that rewards the gloves to the set. Is it possible the title is given to people who collect the full containment officer uniform instead?

People already have the title, so im pretty sure it comes from getting all 9 codex entries.

Please note that switching areas, etc. will reset the timer on the plague's current phase. So if you keep travelling, you ward off the progress of the plague.

It doesn't do that, everytime you use any "loading" option, i.e even using a quick travel on the same zone will break it, but it will just remove the timer completely and you are screwed. There might be certain conditions where the timer just resets but it is rare.

It doesn't do that, everytime you use any "loading" option, i.e even using a quick travel on the same zone will break it, but it will just remove the timer completely and you are screwed. There might be certain conditions where the timer just resets but it is rare.

I honestly don't even know what the timer countdown is. I've seen people say that you can explode every 20 minutes but it always took me way, way longer. I don't even think I reach the final stage in 20 minutes for it to be the have someone/something kill you 'trick'.

Please note that switching areas, etc. will reset the timer on the plague's current phase. So if you keep travelling, you ward off the progress of the plague.

It's more than that. Sometimes it just gets stuck on a phase. There was one time I was at lightheaded for an hour, not traveling anywhere besides the dune sea, and it never progressed.

Anyone else feel that we should be able to kill the infected on sight? Infected players should turn red and be subject to the emergency order to kill on sight. I don't want to be labeled a traitor.;)

Maybe this will be the finale of the event. We get to waste everyone that's infected on fleet and track down everyone on Tatooine. It would be great revenge for those who didn't want to get infected on fleet.

Edited by Owsley

Anyone else feel that we should be able to kill the infected on sight? Infected players should turn red and be subject to the emergency order to kill on sight. I don't want to be labeled a traitor.;)

Maybe this will be the finale of the event. We get to waste everyone that's infected on fleet and track down everyone on Tatooine. It would be great revenge for those who didn't want to get infected on fleet.

100 internets

It annoys me considerably that they removed the ability to buy things you're too low level to use from vendors then immediately implement this. Unless this world event lasts for a month (I'm betting on a week) I'm going to get no benefit out of it since the crystals require lvl 50. Makes me sad, since my girlfriend and I just rerolled on a non-Republic-dead server just last week >.>

It annoys me considerably that they removed the ability to buy things you're too low level to use from vendors then immediately implement this. Unless this world event lasts for a month (I'm betting on a week) I'm going to get no benefit out of it since the crystals require lvl 50. Makes me sad, since my girlfriend and I just rerolled on a non-Republic-dead server just last week >.>

The mobs scale - so you only have to be in your mid 20s to do it.

Edit: nm, I see what you mean. I'm an idiot. Sorry. :)

Edited by LastArgument

Yeah, wish we could buy things even if we can't use them so that we may have them for when we can. They do have crystals for level 31, I think it is, as well, if you're close to that level.

I honestly don't even know what the timer countdown is. I've seen people say that you can explode every 20 minutes but it always took me way, way longer. I don't even think I reach the final stage in 20 minutes for it to be the have someone/something kill you 'trick'.

I'm running a clock each time and it is 100% accurate.

As long as you do not use a loading screen of ANY sort it is 10mins after infection to get Feverish, then if you do not die from PvE or PvP you will explode after 20mins of infection.

Remember the key thing is not getting ANY loading screen or it breaks and you need to vaccinate and get re-infected.