What attributes you priorize in DPS?

Touji

Cunning is for smugglers afaik. You want aim. If you played WoW, it's like Agility for hunters/rogues. It seems to be a powerful stat that increases your damage on multiple fronts.

I imagine we value crit as we get some procs and extra scaling off of it.

Aim & Crit chance are the two early front runners for Gunnery spec.

due to a talent that recharges ammo on certain ability crits.

not sure about Assault spec.

Yes, I start for Gunnery spec, so I'm doing it right. Priorizing AIM only. The mostly equipments that I grab, give me AIM and Endurance, so I just have to focus now on crit!

Thanks all! :cool:

Yes, I start for Gunnery spec, so I'm doing it right. Priorizing AIM only. The mostly equipments that I grab, give me AIM and Endurance, so I just have to focus now on crit!

Thanks all! :cool:

well other dps stats will be useful, like Alacrity and increase Crit damage, etc. but it is not apparent how good they are.

because of our skill tree, Crit chance seems like a good front runner. but the other stat will help you also, in some way.

Edited by entropyboy

well other dps stats will be useful, like Alacrity and increase Crit damage, etc. but it is not apparently how good they are.

because of our skill tree, Crit chance seems like a good front runner. but the other stat will help you also, in some way.

What alacrity does?

ive been thinking Shouldent Gunnery be stacking Crit / Accuracy speccialy since its Ap build?

sure alacrity helps with the speeding up cast time. but Points above 100% accuracy lowers targets defence combine that with your Grav skill and your cell i smell winning combination here.:p

i may be off tho but would like the oppinion of others so please send some!

ive been thinking Shouldent Gunnery be stacking Crit / Accuracy speccialy since its Ap build?

sure alacrity helps with the speeding up cast time. but Points above 100% accuracy lowers targets defence combine that with your Grav skill and your cell i smell winning combination here.:p

i may be off tho but would like the oppinion of others so please send some!

At end game Accuracy will go to the top of the pile till at least 100% maybe even higher depending on how level 50 Bosses fit into things, for example they may rate as level 53 so maybe have another 6% miss chance. While leveling though it doesn't really matter and things like Power, Crit and Surge are more useful.

Alacrity doesn't really do much for Gunnery except reduce the channel time of Full Auto, unless it is proven to actually also reduce the GCD. Full Auto is nice but sacrificing other stats just for it isn't a good move. The value of Surge depends on the level of Crit, higher your Crit gets the more value Surge has. Crit and Surge have diminishing returns, Power doesn't. I'm sure the theorycrafters will come up with some DPS spreadsheets soon enough.

@Astares (and for general info): Alacrity does NOT reduce the GCD.

For those not familiar with the "GCD" term. This is the "Global CoolDown".

It's the 1,5 second delay after you use an ability before you can use any other ability.

In some games, haste, or "alacrity" as it is called in this game, can lower the global cooldown so you can use your abilities faster in a row. This is NOT the case in the current state of SWTOR however.

Edited by Fsixknight

Please discuss Surge. I have yet to find an explanation of that one that was really satisfactory.

Surge increases the amount of damage a crit does. I don't remember the conversion rate off-hand, but say you have enough Surge to give +10% crit damage. A normal crit deals 150% of normal damage, so your crits will deal 160% of normal damage instead.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800McZMIkbordRkfzZf.1

is the build I'll be going with for proc's and passive gains.

As for stat priority , as beta testing napkin mathed, with how our talents work, I believe it will work something like this.

Aim>Crit Rating>Surge>Alacrity>Power.

Aim: goes with out saying.

Crit:With the amount of multi hit abilities we have,as well as talents based on crits, the more crits, the more we win.

Surge: We're going to be critting a lot or trying to ,we need those crits as hard we can get them.

Why alacrity over power? With the abilities we have, that channel for our max dps, have activation times, and the over all GCD, getting them channeled fasted, and possibly more ticks, is going to provide a better return then hitting harder.

i assume all the Endurance is for extra survival, but why not the 10% reduced damage?

10% reduced damage vs 3% Endurance?

plus skipping 6% Crit?

Cell Charger + Field Training

You are right, as I said, it was a "quickie" and not really proofed. I was planning to use the AP Cell but now I may have to reconsider.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800McZMIkbordRkfzZf.1

is the build I'll be going with for proc's and passive gains.

As for stat priority , as beta testing napkin mathed, with how our talents work, I believe it will work something like this.

Aim>Crit Rating>Surge>Alacrity>Power.

Aim: goes with out saying.

Crit:With the amount of multi hit abilities we have,as well as talents based on crits, the more crits, the more we win.

Surge: We're going to be critting a lot or trying to ,we need those crits as hard we can get them.

Why alacrity over power? With the abilities we have, that channel for our max dps, have activation times, and the over all GCD, getting them channeled fasted, and possibly more ticks, is going to provide a better return then hitting harder.

Sorry, but no. The order is and has been since beta: Aim>Crit>Accuracy til 100%>Surge>Power>Alacrity.

Alacrity is crap, sorry to dissapoint. It only really affects FA and does not lower the GCD. It is mostly a healer stat. I had leveled three 50 commandos out of 4 beta builds with end game operations experience.

There is a ton of play for what you build for PvE. Not taking the 10% shield is fine if you would rather put them into the endurance/healing received talent. It only takes 3 shots of grav round to apply the 5 stacks of debuff, so you'll only have 6% reduction anyways. You shouldn't be tanking damage anyways, as using M14X is the choice comp for fast leveling and uninterrupted full auto.

Sorry, but no. The order is and has been since beta: Aim>Crit>Accuracy til 100%>Surge>Power>Alacrity.

Alacrity is crap, sorry to dissapoint. It only really affects FA and does not lower the GCD...

Doesn't Alacrity lower the "cast" time for all our channeled abilities? FA isn't our only one. I wasn't in beta so I'm just asking. IMHO, I'm glad that the GCD is locked at 1.5, I think it'll make class balance better in the long run.

Modification of my previous plan. This one would use Combat Support Cell and there is one extra point I threw into the 1% Endurance skill. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800McoZMIkMRrzRkfzZcz.1

Doesn't Alacrity lower the "cast" time for all our channeled abilities? FA isn't our only one. I wasn't in beta so I'm just asking. IMHO, I'm glad that the GCD is locked at 1.5, I think it'll make class balance better in the long run.

Modification of my previous plan. This one would use Combat Support Cell and there is one extra point I threw into the 1% Endurance skill. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800McoZMIkMRrzRkfzZcz.1

Because of the global cooldown of 1.5 seconds. So even if you dropped any of the casted abilities like grav round below 1.5 seconds, you would still have to wait the 1.5 seconds for the GCD to finish. So it really only works well for long cast time spells like the healing probe and channeled spells like full auto.

Because of the global cooldown of 1.5 seconds. So even if you dropped any of the casted abilities like grav round below 1.5 seconds, you would still have to wait the 1.5 seconds for the GCD to finish. So it really only works well for long cast time spells like the healing probe and channeled spells like full auto.

oic, thanks.

Cover fire is a trashcan skill, seriously, get rid of it. It only work with full auto and for all of 2 seconds. It was a great skill with the old rotary cannon, but now its crap. I don't understand why you took supercharged cells. It only works with the combat support cell active, something you should never use while you are gunnery. AP cell is wht you use, period. Pick up cell charger, its super important, I honestly can't believe you don't have it.

You shouldn't be tanking damage anyways, as using M14X is the choice comp for fast leveling and uninterrupted full auto.

Would you mind sharing some tips for using a tanking companion? I'm level 36 right now and I usually run with Elara for the heals = less downtime.

When I use M14X or Tanno, they either die before I can kill the mob(s) or their health is depleted to the point when I have to use recharge and reload after every pull.

Leveling has gotten much harder on Quesh than it was in previous zones. I have a lot of trouble with Elites now and also some Strongs. This was not the case before 35 when I could tear through just about anything, including solo'ing some Champion mobs.

This is my build right now - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800ZMIkMRrdokM.1

Edited by Biggrich

Would you mind sharing some tips for using a tanking companion? I'm level 36 right now and I usually run with Elara for the heals = less downtime.

When I use M14X or Tanno, they either die before I can kill the mob(s) or their health is depleted to the point when I have to use recharge and reload after every pull.

Leveling has gotten much harder on Quesh than it was in previous zones. I have a lot of trouble with Elites now and also some Strongs. This was not the case before 35 when I could tear through just about anything, including solo'ing some Champion mobs.

This is my build right now - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800ZMIkMRrdokM.1

First you need to compare stats. My 4X's stats are as follows at 36:

HP: 9154

Armor: 2848

Damage Red: 26.25%

Defense: 12.23%

Shield: 25.26%

I took Cybertech just so I could make mods and upgrade 4X's parts easily. Have your pet attack first, then focus on his target, move on to the next target. For golds mixed with silver, make sure you CC the gold and you and your tank pet can solo and burn down the 2 silvers. Heal your pet up and kill the gold.

After you have 4X harpoon someone in, wait the 1 second for him to apply the 5% greater damage taken debuff, then use Full Auto, Grav round x3, CoF procs, then HIB. That will kill anything other than a gold in the first rotation as long as your gear doesn't blow. Your ammo should be fine as long as you didn't neglect your crit stat.

You should have 0 down time. Why? Because even if your tank pet has 5% life at the end, you can just mount up and de-mount and he is back at 100% life. For inside, you just dismiss him and re summon him and he comes back with 100%. That takes all of 2 seconds to do. The dismiss thing also works if he dies, no need to res him.

By tanking for your companions, you lose a lot of your full auto damage, as well as your companions damage (in Dorne's case).