So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

Slowpokeking

Except that the Empire has gained ground, with the acquisition of Taris, Corellia, and Imperial Influence of the Mystic 3 of Voss. Not to mention The release of powerful Sith lords on Belsavis, and the Emperor still lives.

This shows that you only played the Empire storylines so far.

They eventually lost Taris to the Republic.

The Empire gained Corellia, but then the Jedi Knight lead an assault and drove the Sith off of it which resulted in the Republic attacking Dromuund Kaas after the Sith fleet had been routed. So the game "ends" with the Sith losing Corellia completely.

The Mystics of Voss are freed from Imperial control in the end by the Jedi Consular.

The Belsavis Sith lords are stopped by the Republic.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Empire gained Corellia, but then the Jedi Knight lead an assault and drove the Sith off of it which resulted in the Republic attacking Dromuund Kaas after the Sith fleet had been routed. So the game "ends" with the Sith losing Corellia completely.

The Mystics of Voss are freed from Imperial control in the end by the Jedi Consular.

Interesting considering the big baddies of the next few content patches are slated to be these same Dread Masters. I've played both sides and as far as I recall, the Dread Masters are freed and sent off into Imperial space and haven't been heard from since their release.

Taris is Imperial controlled, the Republic rebuilding efforts are crushed and the remaining forces are mopped up. I can't remember anything in the later Republic stories suggesting that they still have Taris and seeing as how the Empire comes to Taris after the Republic and it's reflected by the former Republic locations and zones now Imperial controlled;I'd say Taris is firmly Imperial.

The end of the planetary quest line also has you facing Master Cerik while he attempts to finish the evacuation of civilians, which lends credibility to the argument that the Republic has lost or is losing Taris.

Edited by Temeluchus

Well wether or not his true body still exists let alone has any effects in future is pure speculation. Whats set is that it won't have any serious influence on the outcome of the further Star wars history.

Erm, no. These stories have not yet been written. That doesn't mean that the Emperor won't still do some meaningful stuff. For all we know, he's going to suck the life out of Voss tomorrow, leaving the planet an empty husk.

It's exactly like saying "Luke Skywalker won't do anything else interesting. We know he's dead in the future because his force ghost appears to Cade Skywalker." That doesn't mean there won't be more stories where Luke accomplishes things and shapes Galactic history. Similarly, the Emperor might yet do any number of amazing and terrible and historically meaningful things, before he does whatever he does at the end of his story.

Edited by Aloro

Got it backwards Wash, Republic loss Taris, but win on Balmorra.

I don't know about the others, but only one of the dread masters is dead so far.

Malgus hasn't left the faction per se, more like formed his own splinter Empire within our faction. He is still Sith to his core after all, he just has a progressive vision of how the Sith and Empire should be.

You forgot to point out in your response to him that freeing the Dread Masters on Belsavis is actually going to bite us in the butts, as they will be smacking the Empire and Republic around for the next few content patches at least.

Good point with Malgus, it still weakens the Imperial faction though because it is now split into two warring factions. You are also right that I forgot to point out the Dread Masters part, so thank you for that. :)

I deduced it. Exactly how I deduced three years ago exactly how TOR would go including predicting that the Jedi Knight would take the Emperor one on one. I made that prediction publicly in November of 2009. Not only that I also predicted that the Jedi Consular would take out the Emperor's Children and that the Emperor's children would serve as vessels for the Emperor's consciousness. I also predicted exactly how the Sith Warrior storyline would go and the Inquisitor storylines.

It is called basic narratives and logical progression.

i predicted last weeks winning lotto numbers in 2007

Bioware did seemingly kill alot of Main Characters in the releasing of the game .

Malgus

Baras

Emperor

Revan ("Revan not a main character and to be honest the game could have survived without him , and just having him die in his battle with the emperor instead")

..................................Satele Shan lives ^^

To be honet I do not think they did kill Emperor Vitiate off but it wouldn't surpise me if they did .

Edited by mefit

i predicted last weeks winning lotto numbers in 2007

Lol. You have to excuse Walsh, he comes off arrogant at times but he's actually a pretty good guy. I don't really remember if he did predict these things way back when, but he has had many theories and predictions and was active in sharing them.

I'm sure he'd also tell you that he has been wrong at times, I remember him and JediArchives furiously stating over and over that the JK killed the actual Emperor and all the evidence that we have contrary to the fact was just Imperial propaganda.

Actually that was the trooper who drove the Empire off Corellia. :cool:

Also the Republic lose Taris. We gain Quesh* and Balmorra though. Hoth**, Nar Shaddaa*** and Tatooine**** have no real victors.

* Having played both sides within a reasonable amount of time I can safely say that the Empire's quests happens first and the Republic's happens last. For example the military topdog that gives you quests on the Imperial side is killed with certainty on the Republic side.

** The Republic gets what they came there for. The Empire secure their position on the planet and gains some new tech.

*** Republic and Empire destroy each other on this planet. The real winners here are the Hutts.

**** Empire and Republic really just secure their holdings on the planet, creating a stalemate.

No. The Sith Emperor wasn't truly defeated by the Jedi Knight. The Sith Emperor performed the darkest of all Sith rituals on Nathema, draining the whole planet's life force and its connection to the Force, making him immortal. And yet, even after the Emperor's Wrath dealt the killing blow to the Emperor in that Voss avatar, the Sith Emperor lived on. I think that the Emperor will disappear for a time, trying to live in a new body and regain his full potential.

Plus, Scourge's vision wasn't specific in how the Jedi Knight killed the Emperor: location? Dialogue? Specific acts? I think Scourge's vision was very ambiguous.

But here's what we do know:

1) The Jedi Knight killed the host body of the Sith Emperor.

2) The Sith Empire is now in chaos and more dangerous.

3) The Republic will savor that victory.

And here's my theory on how the story will expand in the Cold War:

The Republic and Jedi Order will be convinced that the Sith Emperor is long dead. They will fight factions of the Sith Empire for a time, distracted. Then, similar to how Voldemort from "Harry Potter" remained hidden from existence for a time until he reached his power, the Sith Emperor will do the same, then reorganize the Sith Empire and unify it. Then they will attack again and attempt to recoup their losses. This time, the Sith Emperor will be determined to revisit his mistakes and ensure he will succeed. The Sith Empire will wage a more brutal war, more intense than the Great Galactic War. This time, the Republic and Sith Empire will resort to using doomsday weapons (mentioned in Black Talon FP) and planets will be ravaged. Possibilties will have to be:

1) Revan will have to return to aid the Republic like he did in the Mandalorian Wars and Jedi Civil War (I dont think hes dead)

2) There must some way to end the Sith Emperor's immortality so that way he CAN die.

3) "This isn't clarity and it isn't your responsibility. There's another path." "Listen to yourself: If you use the Foundry to exterminate billions, how are you any better?" These quotes from the Foundry also kinda hint that a certain portion of the Sith Empire will turn away from the Empire and join the Republic, regardless of past crimes to the Republic (in addition to Jaesa dark-sided saying there were "light-sided Sith")

Why can't you accept the fact that you're clearly a no credibility Jedi/Light Side fan boy/girl with an irrational hate of Revan?

Seriously, you couldn't be more transparent if you tried.

-Jedi are relatively weak willed anyway (COUNTLESS numbers have 'fallen' to the DS before) in general.

On the whole they're stronger willed than most Sith.

Those Jedi who have fallen the the Dark Side are the minority.

It does however require BALLS to oppose your Master & the Jedi Council in the passionate way Revan did.

So, not something that makes Revan stand out from the likes of Qui-Gon Jinn then?

Or Meetra Surik, who didn't succumb to the lure of the Dark Side at all?

-The Dark Side CLEARLY made him stronger 1st go round, no need to resist a more rational, liberating code, order, & life.

Nevermind that it's canon that it was his return to the Light Side that saw him at his strongest, not the Dark Side.

-VIRTUALLY NO ONE ELSE could withstand Vitiate's mental control. REVAN IS AT LEAST PARTIALLY to credit with this great feet. Sorry (not really), your beloved Surik or wth it is doesn't get full credit.

She deserves more credit than Revan. She's the one who made it possible for him to resist in the first place. Even then, his resistance wasn't total.

Please stop with your obsessive need to obsessively hate Revan.

Rayla doesn't hate Revan. At all.

She hates the over inflated and over rated status he has, through fans who would prostrate themselves before him if they could, as they distort canon and facts to suit their hero worship. Like the people who say that the Dark Side is stronger than the Light, and vice versa.

Dismissed.

RE-SUMMONED!!!!

I am not sure I get the entire picture, but if the Emperor needs the voice to assert physical and political influence, then no matter what his "theoretical" power in his real body would be - is power is limited to that displayed when he inhabits the voice. How variable that power is I don't know, maybe a "better" host would give him more power. But it seems feasible that whatever potential the Emperor could have - as long as he is forced to use a Voice, his power is not that great and he can be defeated by others, even if those did not kill an enitre planet to boost their power or anything like that.

The Emperor better gets his real body back or has to accept that he may have gotten immortality, but not that much impressive power. It may be like having a fusion reactor at your disposal but the only device you can power with it is a small lego roboter.

I am not sure I get the entire picture, but if the Emperor needs the voice to assert physical and political influence, then no matter what his "theoretical" power in his real body would be - is power is limited to that displayed when he inhabits the voice.

He doesn't, he just has been doing more important stuff with his real body than playing politics ever since the Treaty of Coruscant. What that more important stuff is is anyone's guess, but he has his true body and the Hand was able to recover it after the Voice was killed and the Emperor apparently went to "sleep" to recover his from the loss.

• 1 month later...
He didnt defeat the emperor, he defeated his voice, which considering the Sith Warrior does too, isnt really that hard. The True Emperor would probably one shot your JK

I hope so. I guess he'd one shot multiple 16x OP's groups...

My Sentinel might be good but she gets her a** kicked by two Imperial guard masters or three strong droids?

And she's supposed to kill the strongest Sith in the galaxy, what the heck? :eek:

This was one strange ending (because it felt "wrong") of a class storyline that I would rate the least engaging (even though it had the most challenging/fun fights) of the 4 that I've finished so far... ...Why not a dream sequence with the "real" emperors voice laughing at you? Would've changed the whole feeling of the story.

Edited by ConnorSalak

I hope so. I guess he'd one shot multiple 16x OP's groups...

My Sentinel might be good but she gets her a** kicked by two Imperial guard masters or three strong droids?

And she's supposed to kill the strongest Sith in the galaxy, what the heck? :eek:

This was one strange ending (because it felt "wrong") of a class storyline that I would rate the least engaging (even though it had the most challenging/fun fights) of the 4 that I've finished so far... ...Why not a dream sequence with the "real" emperors voice laughing at you? Would've changed the whole feeling of the story.

It only felt wrong because you were a sentinel.

For me, I was a strong Vigilance Guardian and defeated anything that stood in my way of progressing. Only rarely did I need others to bail me out.

I know he didn't really die, but did he use all hist power in the fight against the Jedi Knight character or did he lose the battle on purpose to get a new body?

The Emperor has several bodies under his sway. That was one of them. I assume the actual guy will be more powerful and will be a operation someday in the future.

......A meager Jedi Knight (not even a Master?) is supposed to defeat the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith (at that point) ever? Really? Guess since it's our character.

I plan on rolling a DS JK, does being DS affect how I confront Vitiate?

people make revan out to be some sort of divine god of the force and he was our character so it doesnt suprise me that much.

people make revan out to be some sort of divine god of the force and he was our character so it doesnt suprise me that much.

That's because Revan deserves to seemingly omnipotent. As Kreia said, "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."

But the Sith Emperor isn't just a living thing, he's total emptiness of all life. His immortality has made him a being unlike anything ever seen in the galaxy: a Void.

That's because Revan deserves to seemingly omnipotent. As Kreia said, "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."

But the Sith Emperor isn't just a living thing, he's total emptiness of all life. His immortality has made him a being unlike anything ever seen in the galaxy: a Void.

First off: Kreia is a hypocrite, lier, and an overall biased woman. Her favorite student (next to Meetra) being power? What a surprise. Revan is not anywhere close to being god-like.

Second off: true. I would argue his power seems to do more for intimidation than actual power but then again, I don't think the real Emperor has ever truly been met in person in-game.

For realism, Grand Master Satele should obviously be with you when you face Vitiate. Hell, bring the entire Jedi Council too.

This is the most powerful, feared Dark Lord/Sith Emperor ever then. He eats planets, knows most every Dark Side technique which is how he's lived 1,300 years so far (not sure what lightsaber style he uses if at all cuz he's obviously a Sorc), but yea. Even then.....good luck Jedi......

There is a reason you don't bring Satele and the other Masters. The Emperor's real power wasn't in hurling lightning or anything, he could dominate the mind of anyone he wished. He had used this power on the Jedi Knight but the Jedi Knight had the rare ability to shrug off the Emperor's control (so did Kira actually) and because of that it was impossible for the Council to attack the Emperor. Being unable to mind dominate the Jedi Knight took away his greatest weapon.

While the Emperor was indeed very powerful he simply was not powerful enough to stop the Jedi Knight without his trump card. Thus the Emperor was defeated and it is possible that he actually did die, the jury is still out. It is very possible someone is manipulating the voices and even manipulating the Sith Warrior in the end.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh