0 xp 0 valor 0 commendations 0 credits

Safgril

Ok i thought there was a big push to stop quitters... BUT what were you thinking Bioware?

you have now just encouraged it more. at the very start of alderaan the other team gets 2 we get 1... the quitting already started...

NO CHANCE to come back nothing.

you have just made it easy now for people to WANT TO QUIT. who wants to lose now? you give nothing for losing.

is this the new plan? only give the prize to the winner and screw over the losers?

whatever man... this is just outright STUPID.

there have been tons of times where our team has come back from behind but now.. QUITTING is so rampant there is no possiblity anymore.

Thanks Bioware for making things so much easier for us gamers who hate to quit. I just might start joining them on their quitting... it will be much funner for the opposition.

I think you should've chosen a better thread name.

How ever I feel your pain. I never leave Wz's either, and I dont plan on doing so any time soon.

I dont blame the leavers cus the system almost asks them to queue and requeue till they get a full BM grp.

I blame BW. This was lousy.

I have to agree with this. Plus now there is the problem of joining matches were people have already quit. You literally walk into a lose situation.

I used to keep playing those, because i liked the challenge, and there was some possibility of reward.

But, if it's 4v8 or 5v8, i just quit now, cause if i only get a meddle or two, the game thinks i'm afk or something.

Why waste my time?

I have to agree with this. Plus now there is the problem of joining matches were people have already quit. You literally walk into a lose situation.

I used to keep playing those, because i liked the challenge, and there was some possibility of reward.

But, if it's 4v8 or 5v8, i just quit now, cause if i only get a meddle or two, the game thinks i'm afk or something.

Why waste my time?

Yea its annoying to join a game that is already lost.

Why waste my time?

if you get 3 or 4 medals, it's still not worth it.

20 coms, zero or near zero credits......means you can't even buy a warzone medpack much less ever get to BM gear.

lets say you get 40 comms per match, and you play one full match per 30 minutes (playing + queuing)

that's 84k coms to get WH armor

that's 2100 matches.

that's 63k minutes, or more than 43 full 24-hour days of play time.

and that's with a fairly high number of coms won from t eh losses.

and that's without having to get your BM gear first.

Ya Bioware needs to fix this now! Nothing sucks more than getting put in a losing game and play it out to the end and receive absolutely nothing! Or better yet, get put up against a premade and get steamrolled and farmed, but stick it out to the end... Then receive NOTHING! What is the point, why don't i just leave and reque like all the other quitters!? Way to go Bioware!

This is at least partly a community problem. My server doesn't actually have this sort of problem (at least, team numbers seemed relatively constant), but I can see how others might. Things that should be done;

1) Address the latecomer problem: Reduce the medal requirement for people who come in late. In a huttball match for instance, perhaps reduce the requirement to 2 medals if the person came in after a team reached 3 points or after 5 minutes, or only 1 medal if a team has 5 points or they come in the last 5 minutes. You still probably shouldn't get as much as the guy who stuck it out for the whole game, but you shouldn't have absolutely nothing to show for 5 minutes of playing, either.

2) Easier Medals for medal deprived classes and the losing team: In Novare Coast and Alderaan Civil War (Have yet to play Voidstar post 1.2, so can't comment on defending medals there), defender medals are incredibly easy to get. Tanks can also easily nab 2-3 medals in the first few minutes of the match. Making attacker medals easier to get would be a big help, as would addressing the difficulty of earning healing medals.

3) Steeper Penalties for quitting a WZ: The first solution isn't perfect, but it would be a lot better if it was less necessary in the first place. What is needed is some sort of deserter debuff for people who quit the match early. However, to compensate for people who really, really hate one particular WZ, some sort of WZ selection feature could be added (perhaps everyone who queues can put forward their choice for the next Warzone, and then a system similar to the Group Conversation roll* could determine the next Warzone)

*This way, people who don't get their choice will "roll higher" next time, and be more likely to get said warzone next time.

This is at least partly a community problem. My server doesn't actually have this sort of problem (at least, team numbers seemed relatively constant), but I can see how others might. Things that should be done;

1) Address the latecomer problem: Reduce the medal requirement for people who come in late. In a huttball match for instance, perhaps reduce the requirement to 2 medals if the person came in after a team reached 3 points or after 5 minutes, or only 1 medal if a team has 5 points or they come in the last 5 minutes. You still probably shouldn't get as much as the guy who stuck it out for the whole game, but you shouldn't have absolutely nothing to show for 5 minutes of playing, either.

2) Easier Medals for medal deprived classes and the losing team: In Novare Coast and Alderaan Civil War (Have yet to play Voidstar post 1.2, so can't comment on defending medals there), defender medals are incredibly easy to get. Tanks can also easily nab 2-3 medals in the first few minutes of the match. Making attacker medals easier to get would be a big help, as would addressing the difficulty of earning healing medals.

3) Steeper Penalties for quitting a WZ: The first solution isn't perfect, but it would be a lot better if it was less necessary in the first place. What is needed is some sort of deserter debuff for people who quit the match early. However, to compensate for people who really, really hate one particular WZ, some sort of WZ selection feature could be added (perhaps everyone who queues can put forward their choice for the next Warzone, and then a system similar to the Group Conversation roll* could determine the next Warzone)

*This way, people who don't get their choice will "roll higher" next time, and be more likely to get said warzone next time.

this is not even for late comers.. i started from teh beginning and still got 0 comms 0 valor 0 xp and 0 credit... i even got 100k healing and 2 medals... how the hell does this make me want to even stay in a warzone to not even get anyhting.

I with you on this this sucks . Now its One sided .

Ok i thought there was a big push to stop quitters... BUT what were you thinking Bioware?

you have now just encouraged it more. at the very start of alderaan the other team gets 2 we get 1... the quitting already started...

NO CHANCE to come back nothing.

you have just made it easy now for people to WANT TO QUIT. who wants to lose now? you give nothing for losing.

is this the new plan? only give the prize to the winner and screw over the losers?

whatever man... this is just outright STUPID.

there have been tons of times where our team has come back from behind but now.. QUITTING is so rampant there is no possiblity anymore.

Thanks Bioware for making things so much easier for us gamers who hate to quit. I just might start joining them on their quitting... it will be much funner for the opposition.

Yeah I'm one of those that never quit. I must admit that I do now and I hate that fact. I made a similar post regarding the credit reduction. Some nights I can play for 3-4 hours and even longer sometimes before I can even finish my three win daily so when you don't get hardly anything for losing, there is absolutely no reason for me to stay. Seems so irrational.

I am with the crowed that 'never' quits, I always stay till the end, even if its a very bad zerg of a match. Played Alderaan the night 1.2 went live, and the WHOLE team quit, except for me and one other person. We were left with just two of us to fight the imps.

By the time people were filled into the game, it was already too late to turn anything around anyway, but its a shame that this is now the trend, and I have to say I can't blame people for leaving a WZ, knowing too well they are not going to get a thing for their efforts, or attempting to play the WZ. I am not talking about AFK here, what ever way that needs to be dealt with, just isn't the way it should be now.

Already people are screaming for pre 1.2 WZ's again.. yes Bioware, even me, please listen to us !

I quit two warzone matches today. My first time ever quitting, no matter how badly my team was losing.

The first time was because I came into a CW match where I was the ONLY PLAYER on my side. The entire previous team had quit, and all three points were captured (of course) by the opposing team. So I quit.

I waited a few minutes, queud again and got into another game, (again one in progress and being lost by our side), just in time to see four players leave the game. I tried to do something, anything, to get a few medals, but the other team was camping our jump off point and it was just instant death. So I again quit.

I don't like quitting. This really does need to be fixed.

I knew something was up when I saw so much quitting going on. I had a Huttball game where the other team scored twice.

Our team was down to two people after that, myself included.

Killing exp gain just to give it back as a legacy reward in 1.3 is laughable.

I really wonder what's going on over at BW right now. They just keep making moves that enrage enough of the community to continue the hemorrhage of sub losses that has forced them to hand out a free month of playtime a mere four months after release.

I can't quit. I paid for 6 months and a CE...that doesn't mean I won't stop playing though with GW2 and D3 around the corner along with Mist.

So many continuous blunders.

It's actually quite saddening. I honestly feel bad for the hardworking folks in Austin.

Hand work or not, bad decisions diminish much of it.

i just play for warzones, if ever there is no interest in pvp i ll unsub.

People like me are used to playing a warzone till the end even if we are about to loose,but with no reward for our last stand and tenacity,i ve no reason to play.

im fond of star wars but bioware has deceived us.i m very very upset.they are drawing us to others mmo.what a shame.

Hello!

As we already have several threads for discussion of the various aspects of this topic, we're closing this thread in the interest of consolidating discussions. We encourage you to join the existing discussions about this topic in the following threads:

Thanks!

Edited by CommunitySupportEN