1.2 pvp a love hate.. depending on where you stand..

troyh

I'm a dedicated healer in pvp. The only time I cast any damage is at the very start of a battle when there is nothing to heal and no more bubbles to pop.

However, even when I'm not getting attacked by another person I can't keep people alive, my heals are too weak and damage dealers are too powerful.

I'm pretty sure I don't suck since I'm constantly the highest healer in the match.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a dedicated healer in pvp. The only time I cast any damage is at the very start of a battle when there is nothing to heal and no more bubbles to pop.

However, even when I'm not getting attacked by another person I can't keep people alive, my heals are too weak and damage dealers are too powerful.

I'm pretty sure I don't suck since I'm constantly the highest healer in the match.

Thanks for pointing out exactly how i feel now.

worst "fix" ever.

The only people who like this play imperial, and like wining 100% of the time. As a republic player (scoundrel) I went from top warzone damage and getting way more medals then counted for rewards, to dying instantly when looked at, and having to scramble just to get enough medals to get any rewards at all. I went from wining 1/3 of my games, to losing every one.

1.2 made the gear gap between republic and imperial even larger as now the imps get plenty of commendations to buy all their bm gear, and the republic players don't get any commendations so they cant get a single piece of any gear.

frustrating doesn't even begin to describe. I used to like this game, now I'm looking for a new one cause this one got broken.

sigh

Its just the reverse on my server. But I feel for you. This is the worst PvP patch ever. I just put my SI's pvp gear in the cargo hold.

Thanks for pointing out exactly how i feel now.

This times 100. I feel exactly the same way, the time to kill is insanely lower now, with TWO of us healing (my guildmate and I operative + sorc healer) we cannot keep one person up who is being attacked with the nerfs they made to expertise and my lack of burst healing (im a sorc healer).

It was too many changes with not enough testers on PTS due to no level 50 character transfers.

I'm respeccing to DPS because being a healer is pointless with the changes. Against the new ravages if you stand still to cast a heal (lord help you if you try to cast our new terrible long cast heal now that force bendings effects got changed) you will get absolutely owned by a Ravage from a Marauder/Sent in literally 3 seconds.

I pointed at this thread how I feel now.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=413012

Needless to say: pvp now is imbalanced, unfair and not funny at all. I was at 800 expertise when I realized: now it takes so long to get commendations, matches are a real torture and I just cant take it anymore. Why should I force myself to farm and get 1000 expertise if I know that wont help make things easier - and therefore, funny?

Good job screwing up the best mmo by far, bioware. Unsubbed today.

Then please, answer me this. If I'm only there for the occasional bubble and pull, which is utility, why would you take a healer instead of a DPS? I never said anything about your defensive cooldowns, I merely stated that you were one of the currently "OP" classes, hence why you're defending this patch.

You come off as a baddie grasping straws to maintain his spot as flavour of the month. See you in 1.3 when the pendulum swings the other way and you get hit so hard. Don't come to the forums and start posting. Actually, please do so, we'll (if my gametime hasn't ran out by then, but at the rate we're getting free gametime, this game feels F2P already) be here to tell you we told you so.

Lol when has guardian ever been fotm? Certainly not post 1.2

You use your wow term to say I sound like a baddie? U sound like the old fotm that got brought in line and cant adapt.

So your saying heals was fotm? Yeah.. I rolled a healer so I could be like.. Did you see the heal I cast on that guy! OMG It was so OP! I totally rocked his health bar in a positive manner...

I have a level 50 marauder and I can tell you the patch is one sided. I know you don't want to get the nerf that is coming but its best for the PVP community as a whole. Obviously I wouldn't expect selfish classes to understand. Marauders never needed a pvp increase, we were already amazing in pvp.. now pve thats another story.. but this patch affected both aspects of the game. Too bad BW only cares about PvE.

Oh btw.. they still haven't responded to a single thread on here yet.

Lol when has guardian ever been fotm? Certainly not post 1.2

You use your wow term to say I sound like a baddie? U sound like the old fotm that got brought in line and cant adapt.

DPS Guardians are rather indisputably the FotM class.

Oh, and where did I use terms that were specific to WoW? I'm quite baffled by your accusation. If you, as a DPS Guardian, couldn't bring a single healing Sage down by yourself, you constitute as a baddie, because they were more than capable of doing so with their vast amount of control over a fight. To continue your line of arguing: "You sound like a baddie that wasn't lose his rather overpowered abilities that make him actually kill things." I worded it better, though.

People who like 1.2

Sents/Maras

Full geared BM's (especially DPS BM's)

Members of the Outnumbering faction on a server (they will always start with 8)

People who don't PvP

People who hate 1.2

Everyone else.

LOL.

You might wanna reassess this.

What you have said here basically ammounts to this...

People who like the patch:

Majority

People who dislike the patch:

Minority

By most measures, that would make the patch a success since the devs want the game to be fun for the most people possible, right?

I'm sure that's not the point you were trying to make...

Apart from that, speaking as a member of an "outnumbering faction", we get plenty of single faction matches that start with stupid numbers like 6 vs 4.

It seems like with 1.2 BW is trying to discourage people from playing pvp, the results for a loss is harsh and more people just leave WZ's when it's visible and others just stop queuing and log out, just like I did a few minutes ago, I did everything I possibly could in huttball against a team that was progressively moving the ball to the endzone no matter what and I struggled to get medals, at the end of the match with just 5 medals I only get 25 comms, I'm not going to repeat a match like that again especially the fact that I put every effort while most of the other players on my team weren't doing much.

Rewards for both winning and losing were just fine pre 1.2, why it got changed I don't know but they need to put it back, it's already bleeding subs and I don't think I'm going to log in for a while myself, I have four 50's and a couple in the 40's and 30's and I've seen enough of the game and all I do is pvp and HM's, no point anymore.

Edited by Sookster

LOL.

You might wanna reassess this.

What you have said here basically ammounts to this...

People who like the patch:

Majority

People who dislike the patch:

Minority

By most measures, that would make the patch a success since the devs want the game to be fun for the most people possible, right?

I'm sure that's not the point you were trying to make...

Apart from that, speaking as a member of an "outnumbering faction", we get plenty of single faction matches that start with stupid numbers like 6 vs 4.

Not sure how you determine the "majority" but keep in mind that 50.1 percent is a majority. Pretty sure Bioware needs to worry about more than the "majority" to keep this game afloat.

Go back to school. Oh wait..I just took you there.

As someone with a valor lvl 73+ sage healer and sentinel, both in full BM, this patch blows.

Sentinel is entirely too easy to swat people down now. Before it was already an incredible dps class some people just couldn't get they're head around playing effectively. Now anyone with the class can be awesome even if they don't know how to focus targets or when to use their cool downs. It's become as braindead easy to succeed with as grav/tracer missle spam looked in that epic bounty hunter pvp video. I have thusly shelved my Sentinel for becoming a boring character to play that I take no satisfaction in using.

Sage healing sucks, but everyone knows that already. I'll still stick with the class whenever pvp rewards for warzones actually start making sense again, and actually ya know, look attainable.

Edited by TuxedoMazoku

Not sure how you determine the "majority" but keep in mind that 50.1 percent is a majority. Pretty sure Bioware needs to worry about more than the "majority" to keep this game afloat.

Go back to school. Oh wait..I just took you there.

Without even bothering to argue about how close to 49.9999999% of the player base his "everyone else" might be, we'll just go with this:

Try and work out whether I determine "Majority" the same way as you or not.

Hint: he's defined "everyone else" as only people on the underpopulated faction on their server, and not even all of them. If you can work out for yourself whether that is the majority, or minority of the player base you're off to a great start.

If you then think really hard I'm sure you'll also eventually figure out whether you taught me anything.

Or not.