Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy... Who ever heard of a one woman Sith Lord????

SekraTezul

Hoping i don't rub someone the wrong way with this but when i saw the legacy i was extremely excited. I was going to to my main with two females and then a brother from another mother rivalry for the father's "affection". While may not be amusing to some i do find it to be a amusing scenario and one in which would be likely considering not many Evil people would consider monogamy. So you would imagine my dismay when i tried to add my second female alt to the tree but its limited to one spouse... Unsure if this was intentional or not but maybe it could be changed... Let me know what y'all think and hope you have a great day. :cool:

I feel where your coming from just realize there are other issues to consider and the can of worms that would be opened just isn't worth the pain Bioware would endure.. They are already going as riskay as they can with same sex relations when they write new story lines.

Lets not rock the boat with paligamy...

I feel where your coming from just realize there are other issues to consider and the can of worms that would be opened just isn't worth the pain Bioware would endure.. They are already going as riskay as they can with same sex relations when they write new story lines.

Lets not rock the boat with paligamy...

Polygamy. I agree though, certain things should be left alone. Polygamy is highly looked down upon in modern society.

Polygamy. I agree though, certain things should be left alone. Polygamy is highly looked down upon in modern society.

So are many things in this game, like running them through with swords or choking them to death.

The more relevant question is: are there any examples of polygamy in the Star Wars canon or extended fiction?

So are many things in this game, like running them through with swords or choking them to death.

The more relevant question is: are there any examples of polygamy in the Star Wars canon or extended fiction?

Careful.. just a friendly warning :)

Oh please. Xalek is a kaleesh, they are polygamous and he cleary states in one of his conversations, that his father has several wives. So polygamy is fine as it is. It's just that Sith don't realy practice it. Your guy can have one "official" wife only, I guess, but that diesn't mean he can't have children from several different women.

And that answered your question =)

I'll also note that (if I'm not mistaken) Ki Adi Mundi has had multiple wives as well.

Edited by Mechavomit

Hoping i don't rub someone the wrong way with this but when i saw the legacy i was extremely excited. I was going to to my main with two females and then a brother from another mother rivalry for the father's "affection". While may not be amusing to some i do find it to be a amusing scenario and one in which would be likely considering not many Evil people would consider monogamy. So you would imagine my dismay when i tried to add my second female alt to the tree but its limited to one spouse... Unsure if this was intentional or not but maybe it could be changed... Let me know what y'all think and hope you have a great day. :cool:

It won't allow polygamy, but you can have the father and mother as spouses, then the second mother as a rival to the first, and then add in the children accordingly.

You can have a more indirect polygamy. Sith Warrior Marries Jaesa, then in family tree have your Warrior marry an Inquisitor, DONE!

Personally I have no problems with polygamy as long as everyone taking part in it is ok with it. Some dude having multiple wives (or hell, polyandry, some lady having multiple husbands) doesn't affect me in the slightest, so why SHOULD I care?

You can have a more indirect polygamy. Sith Warrior Marries Jaesa, then in family tree have your Warrior marry an Inquisitor, DONE!

Personally I have no problems with polygamy as long as everyone taking part in it is ok with it. Some dude having multiple wives (or hell, polyandry, some lady having multiple husbands) doesn't affect me in the slightest, so why SHOULD I care?

I'm liking the polyandry, maybe we should give that a test run on the PTS.

I don't see the problem here. So apparently two people can make contracts with each other, but when you expand that more, it's frowned upon? If polygamy makes you happy, go for it. Also, I don't think it would create a stir in the video game world if Legacy allowed for multiple spouses.

However it was probably a design decision rather than an oversight.

really good responses. butstill for the most part the legacy we make is for us to see and decide how our characters relate to each other. Not like im going to post pics of my legacy on facebook lol. although where the incest came into play i wasn't going that route lmao. just think their shouldn't be a limit on spouses... u really only have 2 spots that arent for children or a rival and itd be nice if we had more control over our own legacy as far as what it looks like. Although in case one of the developers is reading this it is not a knock on legacy. personally by far its one of the most innovative and really amazing ideas about the star wars game and u have my props on that. Edited by SekraTezul

its nothing but an rp tool, i honestly dont see the issue with it. it isnt promoting it so much as merely allowing it, and you are the only person that sees it. why does it matter?

Go tell that to everyone opposed to same-sex marriage, and convince them you're right.

================

As for the title, it's entirely possible that a Sith Lord would have one wife (or husband) and have slaves for...other times.

Edited by terminova

My Sith Lord, whom sits upon the dark council, was going to have two wives and set them and the children to feuding for his affection.

This was - of course - a sacrifice for the greater good of the empire. It was the only way to ensure his agent and warrior wives would always be prepared for the treachery and corruption of Sith politics where a single wife would have a very limited lifespan. It was also good for the children, especially the ones exiled to work with the republic and bring about its eventual downfall, to understand their own inherent replaceability and thus work harder to satisfy the great Father of the legacy.

Only gays and monogamists get to roleplay it seems.

I was disappointed too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.