PvP and creds - how to make them?

chillshock

Since earning creds via pvp is... well... removed (450 creds fpr 15 minutes of pvp and 11 medals is... not quite convincing) - and you need TONS of them nowadays... how do you make the creds?

Preferably without doing pve-dailies... which is just a sad way of spending the gaming time.

Preferably without doing pve-dailies... which is just a sad way of spending the gaming time.

I was going to say PvE Dalies... BioWare just made PvP far less ineresting with the patch, hope the will reconsider what they have done there, because in the currentform I will not keep playing that game for long (but at least they give me 30 days, so they have some time to get it fixed).

You can't.

PvP has been removed as a method of playing the game. That's not to say PvP has been removed, but you now MUST engage in other things like crafting/PvE regardless of whether you want to or not so you can make credits.

I'm honestly very disappointed.. I was so happy when I started playing this game and saw that I got to make money from PvP, thus not needing to go do things I didn't want to do.

Example - I spent today PvPing. I made next to no credits. If I'd spent the day doing dailies I would have made over 100k easily.

I'm honestly very disappointed.. I was so happy when I started playing this game and saw that I got to make money from PvP, thus not needing to go do things I didn't want to do.

This was the thing that impressed me the most about this game when it first came out. PvP was a viable method of progression. You could gain experience and credits and do what you enjoyed- PvP.

Now we are all forced to PvE at 50 in order to PvP, even though we already did that to get to 50. Not a wise choice.

Edited by AKfourtyseven

Wow, so I actually didn't miss the right way to do it? (I'm sometimes blind to the obvious)

Darn it...

So... basically there is NO WAY to get anything interesting without lots and LOTS of doing-the-pve-grind? :( THAT SUCKS BIG TIME!

It's not like a mill or something was optainable through pvp before 1.2 - but it kind of covered crafting missions. Now I'm broke, I need a couple of millions for the fun stuff... (legacy,gear,crafting,...) and they removed the one way to get creds while having fun in the game... tse...

Obviously there are those who consider daily-chores to be 'ok' - but it's kind of bad, if you

didn't get a game to have another job. ;)

Dear Bioware - please add the few creds back to pvp.

PvP doesn't cost money, so it shouldn't reward (much) money.

I really don't see an issue.

Having "zero cost" activities reward you with cash is a flawed design. There's no risk vs. reward.

On that note, they also nerfed the cash gained from Space Missions, which makes sense too.

If PvPers want to gain cash for Mod-exchanges etc. they'll have to participate in the economy somehow or grind dailies, like everyone else.

You can't.

PvP has been removed as a method of playing the game. That's not to say PvP has been removed, but you now MUST engage in other things like crafting/PvE regardless of whether you want to or not so you can make credits.

Example - I spent today PvPing. I made next to no credits. If I'd spent the day doing dailies I would have made over 100k easily.

You forgot to mention "boring" in front of dailies. I try to make money at pvp (even though I suck at it) or other ways. And you can forget about Illum, I lag so much there, I avoid the planet entirely.

On a side note, when did Vader ever have to pay anything. People were scared of him, and probably threw $ at him, so he wouldn't force choke people.

Having "zero cost" activities reward you with cash is a flawed design. There's no risk vs. reward.

On that note, they also nerfed the cash gained from Space Missions, which makes sense too.

If PvPers want to gain cash for Mod-exchanges etc. they'll have to participate in the economy somehow or grind dailies, like everyone else.

Wait..what does PvE cost?

Sweet - please adjust all PvE content to only give you exactly as much money as required for repairs.

Yeah! Damn PvPers! Being happy and able to focus on the parts of the game they like! Better fix THAT right away, make em do stuff they don't like, THAT will make them keep playing!

The money from PvP was only a decent amount if ALL you did was PvP. Like I said.. you can easily make over 100k from dailies without too much effort. If I want to spend all that time PvPing instead, why can't I get credits from that? After all, the dailies give comms, which then turn into gear, same as PvP..

I've made most of my credits selling level 30ish blue armor on the GTN for 15-20,000 credits a piece. I usually sell 1-2 per day, which keeps me in sufficient credits for what I need.

There are probably other crafted items that you could make. Focus on the lower level characters who are likely being financed by higher-level characters. Lots of people like to spend money to gear their low level alts, and are willing to pay for quality -- it makes the levelling process a lot easier and faster when you have good gear.

No, being BAD at PvE costs repair bills ;).

I've made plenty of credits without incurring a big bill.

You are going to have a repair bill regardless if you clear content or not...Especially if you're a tank...

You are going to have a repair bill regardless if you clear content or not...Especially if you're a tank...

You make far more from pve than anyone could have from pvp. A repair bill is nothing but a few seconds of wasted time.

PVE repairs can be very high for very good players (in the short term anyway), if they are pushing the envelope. Regardless of that, there will always be some cost in repairs, and the cash in instances is not good.

Having said that, both high level PVE and PVP have consumable costs in stims/medpacks/etc. Both will incur heavy costs optimising their gear and transferring mods (either to augmented orange pieces or swapping mods whose stats aren't quite right). High level PVE players would also regard dailies as something to be avoided if possible.

It would be nice if the cash in PVP and PVE activities was enough to finance them to a decent level.

Wait..what does PvE cost?

Quite a lot if you die a lot.

PvE at least has the potential for failure, no matter how small it is, whereas PvP does not.

Having a standard bank account will also only net you with 2-3% interest per year because that's a very "low risk" investment.

If you want a higher return on investment, you'll need a riskier investment, like shares. They will net you more interest but also an inherent risk of failure.

PvP is a "fail safe" environment and thus should only have very limited monetary gains.

PvE is not "fail safe" and thus can reward you better.

Edited by Dee-Jay