Companions always talking through a comm device??

Cerion

My 50lvl Jedi Guardian's companions all sound like they're talking through their comm devices. Doesn't appear to be happening on other characters...even a newer JK Sentinel I made yesterday is fine.

Jaesa on my Sith Warrior seems okay.

Anybody hear about this? Or know a fix?

for me, it was only Kira sounding like that. lasted for a long time, but i think it self fixed itself. she sounds normal again. same thing was happening to companions on other classes too.

yeah, I'm not seeing it on any other character's companions at the moment, though I haven't tested every single one.

But I've got Kira and Scourge doing it (the two I've tested). Perhaps I will try zoning from fleet to somewhere else.

I think certain helmets are applying their filters inappropriately. Kira's wearing a circlet, but if I take it off her voice goes back to normal. Scourge is similarly wearing an eye-covering thing and has the robot voice.

My suspicion is that some of the circlets/eye covers are now being incorrectly flagged as robo-voice things (it may be that the Sith counterparts ARE full on masks and this is causing it?)

I think certain helmets are applying their filters inappropriately. Kira's wearing a circlet, but if I take it off her voice goes back to normal. Scourge is similarly wearing an eye-covering thing and has the robot voice.

My suspicion is that some of the circlets/eye covers are now being incorrectly flagged as robo-voice things (it may be that the Sith counterparts ARE full on masks and this is causing it?)

ah, great observation. Both my Kira and Scourge have that sort of headgear.

for me, it was only Kira sounding like that. lasted for a long time, but i think it self fixed itself. she sounds normal again. same thing was happening to companions on other classes too.

Mine is only Kira and sadly hasn't fixed itself.

When Kira is wearing an actual hat, her voice bugs out. I find with circlets it is okay. My understanding is this started happening after 1.2

I have a circlet on kira and her voice is all wierd with it.

I have had to remove helmets from most of my companions due to this issue. I really don't understand how they manage to bug up things that was working fine.

Edited by Merwanor
added quote.

I would bet money that is what it is, because that's what I thought before I even read this thread.

It's weird when people post well-reasoned explanations and then further down in the thread other people still treat it like a big mystery.

• 2 weeks later...
It did indeed start after 1.2 and must be a bug. I have it appearing on-off on all my compaions.

it didn't indeed start after 1.2. i started playing 2 months prior to 1.2 patch and it did it then. it did it on the first day i got Kira. She never had a helm at the time. I figured it was just their way of making it sound like she'd already was en route to her mission. But it indeed started prior to 1.2. indeed :rolleyes: