Damage by Class so far , averages

Boops

So they do as much healing as pure dps classes do dps, even though the healing is shared with dps specs.

Thanks for proving my case!

Summary? The sage/sorc healers crying on this forum need to l2p. Obvious conclusion. Healers are still viable and still very important.

The people crying have no basis for crying.

sounds like you just suck at this easy game.

Could you explain more about how hybrids are treated? For example, in matches where there are no other healers, I may do 200k damage and 200k healing. In matches where we have 2 dedicated healers I will do about 400k damage and 50k healing. In matches with just 1 dedicated healer I will do 300k damage and 120k healing.

I would suggest you lump damage, protection and healing done as a single number called Warzone contribution so you can more accurately capture hybrid class contribution.

One of the problems is that the ranking system is indeed biased against hybrids. However, it's only biased if you perform a hybrid ROLE. So using your example above, that match with 400k damage and 50k healing will be good for a damage score. But the 200/200 one will provide little bonus for either.

Hybrids are largely weeded out for a simple reason - it's hard to perform a hybrid ROLE (again - not a hybrid SPEC) and do well at it because of how the trees are top-heavy. Each stat has a minimum threshold before a record counts towards a rank - for healing and damage, it's 200,000 (60k for protection). Most of the time, this threshold weeds out the hybrids.

Rankings are comparative, meaning that you DO get an overall contribution score that works as a multiplier for your actual stats. So hybrid classes that break a threshold benefit from this contribution score as though they had done all of their damage/healing/protection in a single stat type. For example, if you do 250k healing and 250k damage, you will receive a contribution score as though you had done 500k damage OR 500k healing.

The extent to which this affects one's overall RANK is unknown, but likely, hybrids are at a large disadvantage - even if this contribution score is relatively high, the relatively low value of a primary stat to those of "pure" role toons will gimp the score in the end.

TL;DR - the system just isn't set up to analyze hybrid classes.

On another note, what is with the disparity in damage between vanguards and powertechs? Based on that and the protection scores, it looks like every vanguard on that server is a tank and every powertech dps.

Well obviously not *every* but yes, by and large, that is the case.... note that there are 60% again as many Powertechs as Vanguards. I think a lot of the people that rolled Trooper on our server went Commando in response to the barrage of tracer missiles leaving only a dedicated few to roll Vanguard. And with the massive population imbalance, most Vanguards are forced to tank. Without dual spec, they tank pvp too.

Powertechs, on the other hand, have become the server's new favorite toy... I like to call them Pyrotechs because they just run around burning people for massive damage. The stats for average damage are also affected by the threshold, so there are very few Vanguards that actually do more than 200k damage. Currently, 100 vanguard records to 250 Powertech ones that meet this criteria.

*edit* This website is very cool, someone should make one for gauntlet of kressh :p

I'm happy to bundle the code for people, but I will note that it's a lot of work maintaining and inputting data. It's still a work in progress =)