Still after 1.2 Patch: SHOCK > project

Lijun

Your post made that assumption for you. It is not opinion. It is pure hard fact. How many times do sith throw objects at targets in the six movies...about 20. How many times do jedi...ONCE if you even want to count Yoda throwing one BACK. THREE times if you want to count Anakin doing a vader preview, which I dont for obvious reasons. Those are FACTS.

BTW I was there in '77 as well, too bad you dont find a copy/pasted reskinned inq masquerading as a jedi class, whose signature skills are junk throwing, as offensive as I do. Why dont you watch those movies again and THINK about it, and do a little counting and perhaps you will come around.

Because we all know movies is the end all for lore fact... This game is set way before any of those movies take place, how do we know that before the clone wars the Jedi wasn't a rock throw cult! The true way to tell if this follows lore or not is to read any books by he author about this time period.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we all know movies is the end all for lore fact... This game is set way before any of those movies take place, how do we know that before the clone wars the Jedi wasn't a rock throw cult! The true way to tell if this follows lore or not is to read any books by he author about this time period.

The movies are the ultimate canon for the star wars universe. So yes, "we" actually do know that fact. That is not up for debate, really, by anyone. They had the most thought and work put into them, and have been seen/experienced by the most people.

But I do appreciate your humor, since what we have now, masquerading as a consular with rock/pebble tossing and those weird outfits, could well fit into a rock throwing cult, just fine...lol

I love it when I hit Project, only to have my opponent hit Force Camo or Vanish a split-second later. The Project wastes 50 of my force and does nothing, while a Shock would've clinched the kill. :rolleyes: Edited by Kllashaa

How come my force guided projectile can't find its target when stealthed but tracer missile has no problem the. procedes to knock me out of stealth. Dev's, please stop being effing idiots and just even shock and project. I could realy give two ***** whether i throw a rock or just a concusive force wave just fix it for crying out loud.

While, I think Project is rather nice looking and it doesn't have to be completely removed (give it both sides as an extra ability, Force Throw doesn't seem alignment based); Force Burst and removing the pebbles from Telekinesis Throw would be cooler.

It seems like one of the designers decided that Consular should be the opposite of Inquisitor and since Sith use Lightning, the Jedi should use the opposite: Ground. It's just not very aesthetically pleasing in this game. The pebbles actually make Telekinesis Throw look weaker, the floating turds that are my protection look as such, and Project's animation is never going to sync right with instant damage.

Not to mention this obsession with earth has bled over to the Consular armor, so that now every design has to look like a silly Shaman rip off.

Stop making stupid threads like this. Project is better, learn the mechanics of the class. The delay is good. Period.

Let us do the math. My left hand goes towards the ground and pulls the rock/r2-d2, then my right hand goes to towards the ground and pulls the upheaval proc but wait! My target is gone :D Project is awesome! Especially when I got two rocks dangling above where my target was. It really makes me look like a ....

P.S: has anyone actually managed to force cloak before the assassin bolts you?

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Another night of hanging boulders in the air as operative healers and assassins repeatedly disappear with 20% of health remaining. The only saving grace is that it doesn't consume a Force Potency proc, though I'm back to building two stacks of Circling Shadows.

I don't care about the delay if project would actually impact after the cloak takes effect. I don't even care if it doesn't knock them out of stealth.

We're Jedi. If we can slap blaster fire out of the air with our eyes closed through the Force, we should be able to aim huge boulders at invisible people an arm's length away. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kllashaa

We can ***** and moan all day but the fact of the matter is project has a delay. Now you can ram your head into the wall all you want but i found it easier and less painfull to pay attention to the class your fight and learn to utilize stuns to prevent them from ducking out. For Sages its a bit tougher but shadows have low slash. ill often hit them with force stun to make them pop there cc break. the key is to slow your roll becuase some will wait for project to come then break and stealth. the nice thing is while they try to time it. im still smashing them with CS and Shadow strike. Any way, if the pop the cc break its time for low slash followed by project and then pop all your cds for force breach and then assassinate. If there is one thing i have found is you are either a starter or a finisher. either you take the first half of a heath bar or the second half. think about that and stop trying to be a selfish 1v1 power house. you will get more kills and more wins as a team. i like to team my shadow with a commando and my commando with a shadow.

I should not have to waste low slash, force cloak->spinning kick, or force stun, to do what an inquisitor can do without blowing cc or unnecessarily building resolve.

Exactly. The fact of the matter is that BW needs to fix the delay, and the easiest way to do that is to get rid of the junk throwing animation...move it somewhere else or scrap it all together....and replace it with one of SEVERAL viable alternatives that are ALREADY in the game...saber throw, force burst(s), etc.

Edited by Dyvim

Exactly. The fact of the matter is that BW needs to fix the delay, and the easiest way to do that is to get rid of the junk throwing animation...move it somewhere else or scrap it all together....and replace it with one of SEVERAL viable alternatives that are ALREADY in the game...saber throw, force burst(s), etc.

Yes. Interestingly enough, saber throw seems to hit me out of my Force Cloak all the time, even if I vanish before I see the saber throw animate.