The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

I was equally mad about the promotion and the way they handled it, especially the use of that word "loyal".

That being said, I still don't qualify for this bonus 30 days yet, and I certainly didn't while it was just for 50s by April 12th.

But I never considered unsubscribing.

If you're unsubscribing at this point, all claims to being a "loyal customer" are henceforth null and void. You are, essentially, disproving your own argument with your actions.

Just a thought.

I WAS a loyal customer-Bioware disagreed. I have changed my position and now agree with their assertion.

Besides, a player that got to 50 in Dec could have left until April and will still get the free time-so it's not about any sort of loyalty that I'm familiar with.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I have to renew my subscription??

My 3month subscription runs out on the 18th of April and my account will be suspended when the 22nd the cut-off date for the legacy promotion comes arround. Do I have to renew my subscription to make use of the 30 free days or will I be able to play on the 30 free days although my account is expired??

Please would like to know this before the 22nd.

Yeah, same here. I actually received an e-mail for the original promotion stating that I would have 30 days appended to my remaining time once my current subscription expires on the 17th since I had a level 50 on the 12th. Now I'm wondering if this means I'll have to pay for another month just so I have an active account on the 22nd.

If I no longer qualify for the 30 days, that's pretty annoying. (And before someone says I should just fork over the fee and quit complaining, I wasn't even sure I was resubscribing to begin with. Yes, I thought this was a very cool move on Bioware's part, and I wanted some more time to play 1.2's content before I decided if it was worth resubscribing. I'm glad for everyone else who now became eligible for this reward, but I'm wondering where I, and others like me, stand now.)

EDIT:

This is the closest answer I could find:

Steven Burns ‏ @KabaalQSS

@SWTOR does this mean that the original cuttoff date is moved? or do we still qualify if our game time runs out after 12th?

The Old Republic ‏ @SWTOR

@KabaalQSS You should still qualify if you met the requirements by April 12th. ^JJ

Edited by Quind

You need to have an active subscription by the 22nd and meet the in game requirements.

http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion

Well, actually, it says there:

Just be sure you are an active subscriber and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

So I'll infer from that that those of us who initially qualified--though our subscriptions expire before the 22nd--will still qualify for the 30 free days.

Edited by Quind

It doesn't help me or people like me, though. I have been subscribed since release, but I don't yet have either a level 50 or legacy level 6. I don't qualify for a free month, and because I've kept my sub active I don't qualify for the free week offered to returning players.

I know you'll probably say that I'm not losing out, but if just about everybody else gets something and you don't, it does feel as if you're losing out. It's like your boss saying that everybody can have an extra fortnight's paid leave to reward their loyalty - except you. You haven't lost anything, but you're probably not going to feel so chipper about coming into work during that fortnight.

No - as Greg's post mentions - everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT) to gain either Legacy Level 6 or a level 50 character.

Well, my face is red, that'll teach me for believing what other people say on the forums. Legacy Level 6 easily allows for not making 50 due to playing a lot of alts.

Though it still doesn't account for loyal players who don't have a lot of free time...

But I'm officially reversing my position, and apologizing for making an issue out of it because I had my facts wrong.

It doesn't help me or people like me, though. I have been subscribed since release, but I don't yet have either a level 50 or legacy level 6. I don't qualify for a free month, and because I've kept my sub active I don't qualify for the free week offered to returning players.

I know you'll probably say that I'm not losing out, but if just about everybody else gets something and you don't, it does feel as if you're losing out. It's like your boss saying that everybody can have an extra fortnight's paid leave to reward their loyalty - except you. You haven't lost anything, but you're probably not going to feel so chipper about coming into work during that fortnight.

Im in the same situation as you but i disagree.

Ive been playing this from december, played at least a few hours every week and im still not level 6 legacy.

I still havent even hit 30 :D

Just got a load of level mid 20s.

Ive got a week off from now to next week though, which i booked off on purpose last month to game for a week (Got a new account to 25 last 2 days) which i will hopefully be able to get level 6 legacy :D

Im as loyal as everyone else but as i havent got to that point where i have played the game as much as others, this is due to work, i go out every night i dont work and i play football on sundays so that day of rest is gone as well xD

Ive already got a 6 month subscription.

My argument was that they called the 50s "Most Loyal customers" which they have now backtracked on :D

So i am happy with this :D

Hm, I hadn't thought if it that way. I had actually made a point of completing Chapter One before I went off into an altitis spree, but because of that all of my alts have been contributing to Legacy level from the start.

I guess it's not as easy as I thought, but you do have a week... I dunno. Truth is I don't want to quit the game just yet, so I'm done complaining on the "put up or shut up" standard.

But I'll still give a couple pennies:

I think everyone with an active account and eligiblity for the Founder title should get the same bonus. It should be a "thanks for being with us from the start, and for still being with us now" without any hoops to jump through involved.

I have a total of 10 characters on two different servers because I didn't quite know how the legacy thing was going to be implimented. Trouble is, I have legacy lv1 on one server and legacy lv4 on the other. I'm still a dedicated player, and I have had a steady account since December (minus one month for financial reasons). Reaching out to your dedicated players is going to be either as hard as you want to make it or as easy as 1,2,3.

I would say that all of us who have subscribed for months since release would be your avid players. Also, some of us work steady jobs, and have families or real life situations that demand much of our time; moreover, how much time would functioning adults actually have to play? We are still avid fans. I think generalizing is a bad idea. If you want to celebrate us, just throw the freebe out to all of us who have "hung in there" with you through this rocky beginning. Level isn't going to tell you anything about loyalty.

If I were you, I would be looking at subscription time, and not character level.

Anyone who has been playing since day one and doesn't have either a level 50 character or a level of 6 in legacy, doesn't deserve the free 30 days, imo.

Bioware didn't have to give ANYONE anything other than a game to play for 15 bucks a month. They rewarded the most dedicated and there is absolutely no reason for ANYONE to ***** about it. If someone leveled a character to 50 in a month or two and stopped playing for a while, that doesn't make them less dedicated than the lot of you who have been subbed since day one.

It takes a lot to reach 50. They did in a short time what you couldn't do in four or five months.

Get over it.

@ Anthonytats I think it was a mistake for them to suggest that players who play in a certain way are more loyal or supportive. Playing the game (including getting to level 50, or legacy level 6) is something that they give us in exchange for our sub. It's our sub which shows our support and loyalty, not our playstyle. You've already shown your loyalty through a six month sub! They are now saying that they appreciate the support of players of level 50/legacy level 6, which implies that our support isn't as appreciated (unless we get there by April 22), despite the fact that we haven't given any less support than the others.

So it isn't really loyalty and support that's being rewarded. In fact, if we'd left the game, we could be playing for free right now.

Edited by Danathur

Anyone who has been playing since day one and doesn't have either a level 50 character or a level of 6 in legacy, doesn't deserve the free 30 days, imo.

If someone leveled a character to 50 in a month or two and stopped playing for a while, that doesn't make them less dedicated than the lot of you who have been subbed since day one.

Get over it.

oh bull ****,Since when is rushing content and quiting loyal.

thats as bad as a one night stand , wham bam...see ya. loyal my ***

Kinda occurs to me also. People who lack free time but have been paying their sub since the beginning actually deserve it more, if you think about it. They're money spent to time played ratio is the lowest of all, yet they're still paying.

I'm eligible for the free month so, I'm not arguing for myself, just saying. The $15 really doesn't matter at all, not to me anyway. I won't quibble over $15, it's just the sense of being left out when you've been just as "loyal" as anyone else.

I think they should've really thought through this promotion before announcing it, and if they didn't want to give it to everyone that's been active from the start... they shouldn't have done it at all. Just give everyone some lame in-game item that does nothing useful instead :rolleyes:

what ever BIOWARE or EA says, I had same issue at preorder too and again. BIOWARE or EA should understand they dont have righ to discriminate between player!!! Im playing from the early preorder days, and they cannot punish me not having a lvl 50 player or lvl 6 legacy. I have a real life, and I play for fun, like all casual players. BUT I PAY AS MUCH AS OTHERS PAY!!!!!!

I protest BIOWARE and EA and canceled my subscription and I recommend others to do same thing if you dont want to feel worthless with your own money!!!!

How bloody hard can it be? Just give 30 days free for those who paid since day one. I know, to easy that one....

so the people that started on day 2 can buzz off ?

edit : a swear removed ^^

Edited by Goreslash

*obligatory QQ* So yeah, just to clarify - i have had legacy level 6 on 12th, am i supposed to already have +30 days on my subscription or what?

The answer you seek....

(Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.)

So you just freeloaded, in other words. You were not on to group and help other subscribers progress past the mandatory group content (heroic 4`s, flashpoints), nor did you follow up a story up until its end (which is at level 50)... but you want the gift those players get?

Oh and btw.. you still have time until the 20th for Legacy 6. The onus is on you, sir.

[EDIT]And it`s more like that boss in your example rewarding some milestones, as opposed to supporting a chair all day long, picking your nose. Work brings rewards. Sitting idle doesn`t.

Edited by Styxx

awsome of BW/EA to "loosen" the rule get the 30 days :)

that said do u guys at BW realize u just gave in ? from now on if something isnt right they will even start a bigger flamewar to get there thing they want (or think they deserve)

btw to the ones that crying that they are here from the start but lvled dif chars on dif servers and dont have a lvl 6 legacy BAD LUCK FOR YOU

ps: sorry for the crappy english :)

PR, nothing more.

Since 2008, these forums were full of QQ about how this game should be.. and Bioware just delivered what they said they would.

Free 30 days does not equal a class buffed or nerfed :)