Why do people think Boba Fett was a bad-*** charater?

Kerensk

So how does he escape? I'll admit I haven't read Tales of the Bounty Hunters since it first came out.

He somehow talked to another captive...which seems really strange, who was psychologically linked to the sarlacc and used him to make the sarlacc contract around Boba's jetpack sending him flying out. I'm all for crazy escapes and everything, but that just doesn't seem likely.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys seem to be forgetting that the EU is a PARALLEL UNIVERSE.

There are two universes:

The Film universe is the universe that Lucas created and personally controls. It is considered to be the "true" story of Star Wars. Only the films and TCW series are canon in this continuity.

The Expanded Universe is an alternate reality based on Lucas's Star Wars. The films, tv show and almost everything else (video games, novels, etc) are canon in this universe. The events of the EU do not affect Lucas's Film universe in anyway because the EU is a separate reality with its own separate timeline.

This means that:

Boba Fett DIED in the prime SW universe. Lucas continues to state that he died in RotJ.

Boba Fett is ALIVE in the EU. Lucas did approve it.

the thing is with the parallel universe everything in the EU universe has to conform with everything in the Lucas Universe.

So say you can't have Vader come back to life in the EU because he dies in the Lucas Univese and you can't have Boba Fett come back because he died in ROTJ.

He somehow talked to another captive...which seems really strange, who was psychologically linked to the sarlacc and used him to make the sarlacc contract around Boba's jetpack sending him flying out. I'm all for crazy escapes and everything, but that just doesn't seem likely.

yeah I just read it and it doesn't make any sense especially since his rocket pack is already destroyed when he falls in. Then you add in the Sarlac now has a beak. Plus the inside of a sarlac doesn't have any way to actually escape.

yeah I just read it and it doesn't make any sense especially since his rocket pack is already destroyed when he falls in. Then you add in the Sarlac now has a beak. Plus the inside of a sarlac doesn't have any way to actually escape.

Plus! Seeing as Boba had neurotoxins in his body, where he couldn't move....how would the jetpack fly straight? I mean if he is just dangling there, wouldn't the jetpack crash into the walls of the sarlacc or something not flying straight out?

Actually, it's T-Canon that Maul survived, and in the TCW series that George's family has quite a bit of control over. T-Canon is higher up than C-Canon, so your argument is valid.

But how can that be??? We SAW him DIE in TPM... or wait! No we didn't! We saw him falling into a ventilation shaft! ANd he was STILL HALF THERE and STILL ALIVE!!! OMG!!!

But WAIT! George SAID HE"S DEAD! Said he didn't fit with the second and third episodes!!!

BUT WAIT! He's now in a series that is pretty much just under G-Canon!!!

Now, Chewbacca is a Wookiee. He's from the planet Kashyyyk. What does Chewbacca have to do with this? Absolutely nothing. So, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit to you that Boba Fett is indeed alive.

:D

Thats what i benn saying my friend. lol

And i pulled that post cause i got some of it upside down, the 1 of my kids had a meltdown. lol

the thing is with the parallel universe everything in the EU universe has to conform with everything in the Lucas Universe.

So say you can't have Vader come back to life in the EU because he dies in the Lucas Univese and you can't have Boba Fett come back because he died in ROTJ.

It can if GL says its ok. Its really that simple.He is the one that can say "So and so died in the movies , but since we didn't see his death , we got a new spin on things because of fan outcry"

GL did put a stop to certain things and stuck his foot out. Case in point , even tho books were written discribing Darksabers and Armor that can stop LS's , he said no. Can't do that and can't write that in anymore. Thus one of the main reasons for the canon system and reconing things.

It can if GL says its ok. Its really that simple.He is the one that can say "So and so died in the movies , but since we didn't see his death , we got a new spin on things because of fan outcry"

GL did put a stop to certain things and stuck his foot out. Case in point , even tho books were written discribing Darksabers and Armor that can stop LS's , he said no. Can't do that and can't write that in anymore. Thus one of the main reasons for the canon system and reconing things.

but like I said several times George Lucas has stated SEVERAL TIMES that Boba Fett is dead. Now if George Lucas did come out and say "Yeah boba Fett survives" then I would completely agree with you. However he has never said that not even once.

He has said though "boba fett dies" I don't know how he can be more clear about this. Even in the DVD commentary for ROTJ he says Boba Fett dies. How many times does he have to say Boba Fett dies till people beleive him?

Like I said before if you read the script, the novelization and watch the movie while listening to the commentary it's pretty clear that Boba Fett dies.

Edited by jarjarloves

but like I said several times George Lucas has stated SEVERAL TIMES that Boba Fett is dead. Now if George Lucas did come out and say "Yeah boba Fett survives" then I would completely agree with you. However he has never said that not even once.

He has said though "boba fett dies" I don't know how he can be more clear about this. Even in the DVD commentary for ROTJ he says Boba Fett dies. How many times does he have to say Boba Fett dies till people beleive him?

Like I said before if you read the script, the novelization and watch the movie while listening to the commentary it's pretty clear that Boba Fett dies.

He also stated that Darth Maul was dead too. In fact, it said in the movie, script, and novelization that Maul was dead. Yet here he is alive again! I recommend, for your own sanity, do not watch the latest season of Clone Wars. :p

He also stated that Darth Maul was dead too. In fact, it said in the movie, script, and novelization that Maul was dead. Yet here he is alive again! I recommend, for your own sanity, do not watch the latest season of Clone Wars. :p

It doesn't matter if Maul was brought back. Totally different character.

Lucas has never brought back Fett in his universe. Fett died in the real story of Star Wars. He will stay dead in the films until Lucas says otherwise.

Believe what you want to believe. That said..

The Sarlaac is a slow digester so Boba wouldn't instantly die in there. Plus with the metal armour, it would take some time for the digestion to break into that. Factor in the jetpack?

Jetpack reflux disease would cause the Sarlaac to give up, and he would then fly out.

I respect that some of you hold Lucas' words and actions as SW law but I can not take a man seriously who makes Greedo shoot first.

I decide what is canon to me. You can decide what is canon to you. Don't bring it to a full fledged verbal warfare over a difference of opinion.

It is important to note that after Lowbacca appeared in the EU, GL came out and issued this ultimatum. "no more wookie jedi in the EU because that doesn’t fit my vision for star wars (paraphrased but that was the gist of it)."

For someone that claims he doesn’t give a rats behind about the EU, and that none of its matters and isn't cannon anyways that is a pretty big declaration.

If he cared so much about Boba being dead why didn't he issue a similar declaration?

Regardless Boba is alive in post RotJ continuity, as everything past RotJ is non-cannon according to GL anyways, I can live with that.

OK, so after reading the last few pages in this thread, here is what i have from the debate:

Lucas has stated that Fett died in the Sarlacc (which we see him slam up against the sail barge, his jetpack turns off, and he rolls into the Sarlacc with out any PROOF of death [to say he was killed eventually in the Sarlacc is speculation, not proof]), so the fact that they brought him back to life in the books is bogus, because Lucas said that he was dead>

Lucas has stated that Darth Maul died in TPM (which Kenobi cut him in half at the waist and he falls down the pit in two pieces, still not PROOF of death, but i would say getting cut in half is a pretty good indicator that he died, but once again, it is speculation.), so the fact that they brought him back in TCW is ok, because it is on TV.

These threads are occupied by people who are Star Wars fans, which means a majority of them have read sources in the EU and take it as Star Wars. Why would anyone come on here and say Boba Fett died in EPVI (meaning he did not escape the Sarlacc, he did not continue to be an annoyance to the Solo family, he did not become Mandalore and train Jaina Solo how to kill Darth Caedus), other than to be a troll who loves to stir the pot? Doing that in these threads is like going to a trailer park with a bullhorn screaming "Walmart Sucks & NASCAR Sucks!"

For those of you who view "Only the Movies are Star Wars" (i am not saying anything is wrong with that) then why are you playing this game? because to you it is not Star Wars.

Ok, back to topic: Why was Boba Fett so popular for me in the movies? Why did i want his action figure so bad after ESB? Why did i want the special edition mail in order before ESB? the armor. It was the armor with the missile on the backpack (jetpack) that did it for me.:D

P.S. To all you Deadpool haters: I fart in your general direction:p

The Sarlaac is a slow digester so Boba wouldn't instantly die in there. Plus with the metal armour, it would take some time for the digestion to break into that.

Lucas says Fett died in the film. We don't know how it happened, but he did die somehow (neck broken while being eaten, internal bleeding from falling off the hovercraft, barge exploding on top of the Sarlacc, etc??)

I respect that some of you hold Lucas' words and actions as SW law but I can not take a man seriously who makes Greedo shoot first.

I decide what is canon to me. You can decide what is canon to you. Don't bring it to a full fledged verbal warfare over a difference of opinion.

Well, Lucas being the creator and owner of the Star Wars franchise kinda means his word is law whether you take him seriously or not.

Sure, you can disregard what the creator says and make up your own SW history, but just remember that your personal fan continuity has nothing to do with what happens in the official SW continuity. Frankly, disregarding official canon makes your opinions completely irrelevant to this debate.

Edited by billyboyjennings

For those of you who view "Only the Movies are Star Wars" (i am not saying anything is wrong with that) then why are you playing this game? because to you it is not Star Wars.

Ok. I see this question a lot on here and I have to say that it is a really stupid question.

You guys seriously think we play this game ONLY because it is Star Wars?

I don't view the EU as a part of the true official story of Star Wars, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun playing the game or enjoy the stories. Come on...

If it's a fun game, I am going to play it. It doesn't matter what the title is.

Edited by billyboyjennings

A business as big as Lucasarts not needing money?.....A big business like LA, does need money to keep going otherwise if they stop everything. Then they won't have any money to

1. Pay for the business expenses

2. Hire workers/authors

3. Pay their employees

When you have a huge business, you can't just stop trying to make money.

But but..Making money is evil, they should give it all to us and keep the business together so we can enjoy their games!

I agree with you. The more money a business makes, the lower their taxes are, and fewer regulations they have, all adds up to hiring more emplyees, opening more stores, and make even more money to continue the 2 former things

Ok. I see this question a lot on here and I have to say that it is a really stupid question.

You guys seriously think we play this game ONLY because it is Star Wars?

I don't view the EU as a part of the true official story of Star Wars, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun playing the game or enjoy the stories. Come on...

If it's a fun game, I am going to play it. It doesn't matter what the title is.

Then why discuss if Boba Fett is dead or not?

Ok, this is what it boils down to, and it's actually very simple:

If George Lucas really wanted Boba Fett dead, he would simply stick his nose into the Expanded Universe and say "BOBA FETT HAS BEEN RETCONNED COMPLETELY", at which point ALL Boba Fett novels and comics set after RotJ, as well as ANY novels or comics set after RotJ with him in them would be pulled from bookstore shelves. LucasArts would lose millions or even billions of dollars in revenue, and fans would go freakin' ballistic. He has tacitly allowed Fett to continue living in the Expanded Universe for a reason. And his survival in the ExU is officially C-Canon, since Lucas will NEVER retcon his survival there.

If you disagree, feel free to write a letter to George Lucas himself and see what he has to say about it. "Hey, George. Want to retcon Boba Fett in accordance with all the times you've said he's dead? Btw, you'll lose a LOT of money by doing so..." Herp to the Derp, boys.

Edited by Captain_Zone

The Sarlaac is a slow digester so Boba wouldn't instantly die in there. Plus with the metal armour, it would take some time for the digestion to break into that. Factor in the jetpack?

Jetpack reflux disease would cause the Sarlaac to give up, and he would then fly out.

1. His armor only covers his chest, shulders and head. The rest of him is covered with a cloth that is easily digetable. I dont' know why people keep thinking he is heavly armoured. His armor barely covers his chest. Now if he was in say full Battlemaster armor then you might have a point.

2. His jet pack was destroyed remember. Hard to fly when it won't turn on.

3. You are completey free to beleive what you want. However when we talk about the official star wars story and what actually happened to characters then you have to go by the rules Lucas has put fourth.

It is important to note that after Lowbacca appeared in the EU, GL came out and issued this ultimatum. "no more wookie jedi in the EU because that doesn’t fit my vision for star wars (paraphrased but that was the gist of it)."

For someone that claims he doesn’t give a rats behind about the EU, and that none of its matters and isn't cannon anyways that is a pretty big declaration.

If he cared so much about Boba being dead why didn't he issue a similar declaration?

Regardless Boba is alive in post RotJ continuity, as everything past RotJ is non-cannon according to GL anyways, I can live with that.

short answer because Boba Fett has sold more merchendise then any other character. You don't stop a money train. Of course look how rabid the fans are. George Lucas has said he died and still people don't beleive it.

edit: But I was thinking about something today. I was thinking when was the last book to come out about Boba Fett that takes place POST ROTJ. I am not sure there are any ones since around 2004-2006. Since Revenge of the Sith everything has shifted to Jango Fett or Pre OT Boba Fett. This isn't by accident.

Edited by jarjarloves

ok I'll play your silly game again. Lets say you are right and all that is true Lucas said Maul died. (just got home from work so haven't had time to check)

MOST RECENTLY!!!! George Lucas said Darth maul is alive and he is coming back. Thus following the rules of canon that he put fourth Darth Maul lives.

IF George Lucas comes out tomorrow and says "BOBA FETT does NOT die in the Sarlacc Pit" Then guess what? Boba Fett is alive.

You keep coming up with these really weired assumptions about me and how I view the canon. It's kind of funny but in a way it is troubling. Kind of makes me wonder if you have aspergers.

btw I have seen every episode of the Clone wars and I am enjoying them.

The rules are not that hard to follow. If Lucas changes his mind about something then the most recent statement is the one you go by.

For example. Lucas made it so Greedo Shot first. Well OFFICIALLY that is what happened. Now I absolutely HATE that but it's the way the Star Wars universe is.

I'm not going to be like you and act like a child and throw a temper tantrum. I accept it and move on. Yes in my heart I prefer to think that Han Solo shot first as that makes the most sense but OFFICIALLY (which is what we are talking about ) Greedo shot first.

ok I'll play your silly game again. Lets say you are right and all that is true Lucas said Maul died. (just got home from work so haven't had time to check)

MOST RECENTLY!!!! George Lucas said Darth maul is alive and he is coming back. Thus following the rules of canon that he put fourth Darth Maul lives.

IF George Lucas comes out tomorrow and says "BOBA FETT does NOT die in the Sarlacc Pit" Then guess what? Boba Fett is alive.

You keep coming up with these really weired assumptions about me and how I view the canon. It's kind of funny but in a way it is troubling. Kind of makes me wonder if you have aspergers.

btw I have seen every episode of the Clone wars and I am enjoying them.

The rules are not that hard to follow. If Lucas changes his mind about something then the most recent statement is the one you go by.

For example. Lucas made it so Greedo Shot first. Well OFFICIALLY that is what happened. Now I absolutely HATE that but it's the way the Star Wars universe is.

I'm not going to be like you and act like a child and throw a temper tantrum. I accept it and move on. Yes in my heart I prefer to think that Han Solo shot first as that makes the most sense but OFFICIALLY (which is what we are talking about ) Greedo shot first.

Well, you strike me as a "Word of George" fanatic, tbh. "If Lucas Says It, then It's straight from God's Own Mouth." You say how much you like Fett, but you refuse to even consider that he's alive in at least C-Canon for a very good reason. Do you just enjoy arguing that much? Seriously, dude. Give it a rest.

And as for the whole "Greedo shot first" BS, that's exactly what it is. George seeing how far he can push the fans. He's a Troll, man. I'm surprised you haven't seen that by now.