Why do people think Boba Fett was a bad-*** charater?

Kerensk

psssst because people tell him and he already said nothing after ROTJ is considered canon.

He also looks at the star wars wiki too. Can't remember the exact quote, but he said he looks at it for a quick reference for something to a book or what have you incase it conflicts with his movies and the like.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

psssst because people tell him and he already said nothing after ROTJ is considered canon.

So now you refuse to admit that C-Canon exists.... Wow, dude. Just wow. I'm now /facepalming here because of this post.

"George Lucas Said It, So It Must Be True!!!"

But hey. Whatever there bro. You enjoy your nice little narrow Star Wars Universe. :)

Ok, so either you REALLY hate Fett for some reason... Did he get your sister "in trouble" or something?

Or, you just take everything Lucas says as Gospel and ignore all the points people have made here about not only his mental wellbeing, but that he also seems to be a compulsive liar who backpedals to cover his own butt.

Either way, I'm done arguing the point with you. Fett is alive after RotJ in both novels and comics in C-Canon, and Lucas hasn't retconned it. If you REALLY want Fett dead that badly, write George a letter or something asking him to give up his C-Canon Cash Cow. Fly safe. o7

not at alll. You would be suprised how many Mandalorian Action figures I have. I even have the Boba Fett action figure from the Holiday Speical. where his armor was white. I think Jango is more of a Bad *** then Boba easily but what i don't like is people claiming things that aren't true.

Now I have showed you quote after quote where George Lucas has said Boba Fett dies in the Sarlacc pit. But you don't want to beleive it. The only reason there are books is because he makes money off of it.

Lucas did retcon it when he made the current canon system when he did that a lot of things that were once thought as canon were turned into Non canon. They might still fit into the continuty but they are not canon.

Now I know this is going to end up just like the last disscusion where I keep giving you facts and proof by showing you interviews, quotes and so on. Then you make up some magical interview but are not able to find it. Then you get angry and leave saying "Well George Lucas is stupid I will beleive what I want to belieeve and that will be fact"

Thats fine if you want to beleive Boba Fett is alive just dont' pass it off as official fact.

Just cause he is dead doesn't mean you can't enjoy the stories about him. I love the stories about Dengar and IG-88 which have all become non canon due to the Clone Wars but I still enjoy them.

He also looks at the star wars wiki too. Can't remember the exact quote, but he said he looks at it for a quick reference for something to a book or what have you incase it conflicts with his movies and the like.

here is the quote

But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used

He uses the Lucas Books published Star Wars encyclopedia. George like most directors his age aren't very computer friendly. He uses CG in all his movies but he himself doesn't like computers. In fact he wrote all of the prequels wiith pencils on a legal pad.

So now you refuse to admit that C-Canon exists.... Wow, dude. Just wow. I'm now /facepalming here because of this post.

"George Lucas Said It, So It Must Be True!!!"

But hey. Whatever there bro. You enjoy your nice little narrow Star Wars Universe. :)

when have I EVER said that C canon doesn't exist???? C Canon is more then post ROTJ. not to mention you can enjoy post ROTJ just don't assume it's canon. I've read almost everything post ROTJ the Thrawn Triology is one of my favorites. But just because it isn't canon doesn't mean it isn't good.

Edited by jarjarloves

not at alll. You would be suprised how many Mandalorian Action figures I have. I even have the Boba Fett action figure from the Holiday Speical. where his armor was white. I think Jango is more of a Bad *** then Boba easily but what i don't like is people claiming things that aren't true.

Now I have showed you quote after quote where George Lucas has said Boba Fett dies in the Sarlacc pit. But you don't want to beleive it. The only reason there are books is because he makes money off of it.

Lucas did retcon it when he made the current canon system when he did that a lot of things that were once thought as canon were turned into Non canon. They might still fit into the continuty but they are not canon.

Now I know this is going to end up just like the last disscusion where I keep giving you facts and proof by showing you interviews, quotes and so on. Then you make up some magical interview but are not able to find it. Then you get angry and leave saying "Well George Lucas is stupid I will beleive what I want to belieeve and that will be fact"

Thats fine if you want to beleive Boba Fett is alive just dont' pass it off as official fact.

Just cause he is dead doesn't mean you can't enjoy the stories about him. I love the stories about Dengar and IG-88 which have all become non canon due to the Clone Wars but I still enjoy them.

George Lucas has lied his way through more interviews than I care to count.

In an interview back in 1982, he said he had ALL NINE MOVIE SCRIPTS already made. So he KNEW then and there that Luke and Leia were twins separated at birth. Then in a much more recent interview, he said that at the time of ESB, he didn't plan on making Luke and Leia related. Which is true? Which is a lie? Well, obviously his FIRST INTERVIEW about having all nine movies already planned out was the lie. Or was it? Did he just get away with a great practical joke there? When people watching RotJ thought back to that scene in ESB and went "Ewwwwww", I believe George was laughing his rich *** off. :p

The inconsistencies in his work speak for themselves. Leia "remembering" her mother who died minutes after giving birth to Luke and her. Just one example. I'm sure if you look, you will find a lot more. I did, but I'm tired of typing, so I'm going back ingame to level up my Pureblood Republic Trooper. :p

when have I EVER said that C canon doesn't exist???? C Canon is more then post ROTJ. not to mention you can enjoy post ROTJ just don't assume it's canon. I've read almost everything post ROTJ the Thrawn Triology is one of my favorites. But just because it isn't canon doesn't mean it isn't good.

As far as I've been led to believe, Post RotJ is still considered C-Canon. Why do you think GL cares so much whether there are Wookiee Jedi in there? There was actually a plan to make MORE than just Lowbacca a Jedi before Lucas nixed that, yet he still gave them the go-ahead to make Lowbacca the ONLY Wookiee Jedi. Also, he has stated that NO Movie Character can be killed off Post-RotJ without his consent.

So if you take the ExU Post-RotJ as N-Canon, then you're making a pretty serious mistake.

EDIT: Ok, NOW I'm going back ingame to finish Nar Shaddaa on my Trooper. :p

Edited by Captain_Zone

George Lucas has lied his way through more interviews than I care to count.

In an interview back in 1982, he said he had ALL NINE MOVIE SCRIPTS already made. So he KNEW then and there that Luke and Leia were twins separated at birth. Then in a much more recent interview, he said that at the time of ESB, he didn't plan on making Luke and Leia related. Which is true? Which is a lie? Well, obviously his FIRST INTERVIEW about having all nine movies already planned out was the lie. Or was it? Did he just get away with a great practical joke there? When people watching RotJ thought back to that scene in ESB and went "Ewwwwww", I believe George was laughing his rich *** off. :p

The inconsistencies in his work speak for themselves. Leia "remembering" her mother who died minutes after giving birth to Luke and her. Just one example. I'm sure if you look, you will find a lot more. I did, but I'm tired of typing, so I'm going back ingame to level up my Pureblood Republic Trooper. :p

1. can you find that interview? And if so how does that mean he is lying. They could have been completely different then what he made you do realize that scripts much like books go through many revisions.

http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/thestarwars-script.shtml

here is the first draft of A New Hope notice how completely different it is from the actual movie. Even if he did have 9 movies ready to go what makes you think they where the same movies that were made????

what does him changing the story have to do with anything? We all know he likes to change it hence the reason why Greedo Shoots first but the way George created the Canon is the way it is officially.

I myself have critized George tons of times especially on how horrible and inconsistent the Prequels are. But that has nothing to do with Boba Fett being dead.

You are just grasping at straws now.

Edited by jarjarloves

As far as I've been led to believe, Post RotJ is still considered C-Canon. Why do you think GL cares so much whether there are Wookiee Jedi in there? There was actually a plan to make MORE than just Lowbacca a Jedi before Lucas nixed that, yet he still gave them the go-ahead to make Lowbacca the ONLY Wookiee Jedi. Also, he has stated that NO Movie Character can be killed off Post-RotJ without his consent.

So if you take the ExU Post-RotJ as N-Canon, then you're making a pretty serious mistake.

r. :p

OMG arguing over Star Wars is SERIOUS!!

oh and NO he did not say that no character could be killed off he said that Luke, Han and Liea couldn't be killed but nothing about the others.

This is the quote you are thinking of

SS (Shelly Shapiro, Editorial director, Del Ray Books):

We didn’t get George’s permission to kill Chewie in particular: Chewie was simply not one of the characters George said we could not kill.

They killed Chewie because George never said they couldn't kill him.

OMG arguing over Star Wars is SERIOUS!!

oh and NO he did not say that no character could be killed off he said that Luke, Han and Liea couldn't be killed but nothing about the others.

This is the quote you are thinking of

They killed Chewie because George never said they couldn't kill him.

I'm done arguing with you, dude. You're one of the "George Lucas Faithful" and there is no reasoning with you. I personally have broken free of the garbage he shoves down peoples' throats, and I have nothing to prove to you or anyone. And just because something IS NOT ONLINE doesn't mean it's not true or doesn't exist. So with all your "prove it" schtick, I can just say PROVE HE DIDN'T SAY IT. You can throw in all the Online Interview transcripts you want. Doesn't change the fact that not everything is available online. I know what I heard, saw, and believe.

So go ahead and write a letter to George pointing out all his stuff in the ExU that he has "no control" over and see what happens. Chances are, nothing is going to happen. Why? Because he likes his status quo just the way it is, and all those moneymakers in the Expanded Universe. It's C-Canon. Deal with it.

Or here's a thought... Maybe realize that George Lucas isn't perfect like so many of us have realized already. He didn't make the latest re-release for the fans. He made it to spite the fans, and cause even more discussions as to why he would RETCON HIS OWN WORK. That's the mark of a bad writer, right there.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not grasping at anything. You want to believe he's dead, go right ahead. Just don't read any novels set after RotJ with Fett alive, because it IS STILL C-CANON.

Edited by Captain_Zone

I'm done arguing with you, dude. You're one of the "George Lucas Faithful" and there is no reasoning with you. I personally have broken free of the garbage he shoves down peoples' throats, and I have nothing to prove to you or anyone. And just because something IS NOT ONLINE doesn't mean it's not true or doesn't exist. So with all your "prove it" schtick, I can just say PROVE HE DIDN'T SAY IT. You can throw in all the Online Interview transcripts you want. Doesn't change the fact that not everything is available online. I know what I heard, saw, and believe.

So go ahead and write a letter to George pointing out all his stuff in the ExU that he has "no control" over and see what happens. Chances are, nothing is going to happen. Why? Because he likes his status quo just the way it is, and all those moneymakers in the Expanded Universe. It's C-Canon. Deal with it.

Or here's a thought... Maybe realize that George Lucas isn't perfect like so many of us have realized already. He didn't make the latest re-release for the fans. He made it to spite the fans, and cause even more discussions as to why he would RETCON HIS OWN WORK. That's the mark of a bad writer, right there.

ROFL yeah i'm a GL faithful? Thats why I had a 10 page arguement over how bad the Prequels are??

So you want me to write a letter to GL and talk about stuff in the EU that he has no control over?? what are you talking about? Do you think he is going to write me a letter back or something?

I 100% agree the EU is C-Canon I never said it wasn't.

I also agree that GL is a HORRIBLE writter and i will add he is a horrible Director too. But that has nothing to do with what we are talkign about.

My favorite part of your response is

PROVE HE DIDN'T SAY IT.

Concession Accepted.

Edited by jarjarloves

ROFL yeah i'm a GL faithful? Thats why I had a 10 page arguement over how bad the Prequels are??

So you want me to write a letter to GL and talk about stuff in the EU that he has no control over?? what are you talking about? Do you think he is going to write me a letter back or something?

I 100% agree the EU is C-Canon I never said it wasn't.

I also agree that GL is a HORRIBLE writter and i will add he is a horrible Director too. But that has nothing to do with what we are talkign about.

My favorite part of your response is

Concession Accepted.

I'm not conceding anything. I don't give anything George says any validity anymore. He's way too inconsistent, and has backpedalled more than someone riding a bike backwards. I'm just sick of people defending him. Remember, he made quite a few of those statements about Fett while he was still having fits because the REALLY rabid Star Wars fans were calling for his head over the prequels sucking so badly. A lot of those same rabid Star Wars fans that had latched onto Fett as a cool character who came back. Dude, if you can't see that he enjoys ticking off the fans as a hobby, then I feel bad for ya.

EDIT: Now, I REALLY need to get back in there, so won't be checking this for quite a while. GF wants to do some finish Nar Shaddaa with me on her Sentinel. :p

Edited by Captain_Zone

I'm not conceding anything. I don't give anything George says any validity anymore. He's way too inconsistent, and has backpedalled more than someone riding a bike backwards. I'm just sick of people defending him. Remember, he made quite a few of those statements about Fett while he was still having fits because the REALLY rabid Star Wars fans were calling for his head over the prequels sucking so badly. A lot of those same rabid Star Wars fans that had latched onto Fett as a cool character who came back. Dude, if you can't see that he enjoys ticking off the fans as a hobby, then I feel bad for ya.

nothing you said there has anything to do with weather George Lucas says Boba Fett is dead or alive.

It's his creation if he wants to come out and say Boba Fett is the long lost son of JarJar then he can do it

For the MILLIONTH TIME just because it's not canon doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. You love Boba Fett? Fine you want to read stories about him Great! You like the post ROTJ stuff about him? SUPER. Nothing is preventing you from enjoying it. However you can't say Boba Fett is alive. He died in the sarlacc pit. It was ALWAYS that way and it currently is that way. Maybe when ROTJ comes out in 3d George will add a scene where he escapes but until then BOBA FETT IS DEAD.

It's still George Lucas's universe and until he dies or passes it on to his daughter what he says goes.

nothing you said there has anything to do with weather George Lucas says Boba Fett is dead or alive.

It's his creation if he wants to come out and say Boba Fett is the long lost son of JarJar then he can do it

For the MILLIONTH TIME just because it's not canon doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. You love Boba Fett? Fine you want to read stories about him Great! You like the post ROTJ stuff about him? SUPER. Nothing is preventing you from enjoying it. However you can't say Boba Fett is alive. He died in the sarlacc pit. It was ALWAYS that way and it currently is that way. Maybe when ROTJ comes out in 3d George will add a scene where he escapes but until then BOBA FETT IS DEAD.

It's still George Lucas's universe and until he dies or passes it on to his daughter what he says goes.

How many times do I have to say it?

I.

Don't.

Care.

What.

George.

Lucas.

Said.

That's the last time. Fett is alive in C-Canon, and that's that. I am NOT going to argue the point anymore. Geez. Let it go!

How many times do I have to say it?

I.

Don't.

Care.

What.

George.

Lucas.

Said.

That's the last time. Fett is alive in C-Canon, and that's that. I am NOT going to argue the point anymore. Geez. Let it go!

but he isn't alive in C-canon because for it to be considered C-canon it has to fit in with G-canon. IN the movie, script, and novel Boba Fett dies.

Even if you don't care what GL says the rest of the canon system says he dies.

For those arguing about cannon. GL doesn't care about cannon. He only cares about money and what ever cannon fits his agenda at that time to make money. I respect the man for making a franchise that I love, but that's as far as it goes. As others have pointed out, he constantly lies, back pedals, and down right changes his mind and says deal with it. I honestly believe some of the stuff he does to intentionally spite the hardcore fans. Sort of a see what happens when you ***** kind of thing.

In my opinion, cannon is whatever each individual makes it because the universe is that screwed up. I choose to make Boba alive, the emperor dies at the end of ROTJ, and Han shot first. There are just to many contradictions for there to be a true cannon. Frickin' comic books have easier to follow cannon sometimes, and that's bad.

Also, someone mentioned Boba preceding Ironman. I'm pretty sure that is wrong, I just don't feel like googleing it to prove it.

Your ABSOLUTELY right about Ironman and on that note if anyone feels froggy google the first appearance of the NEW GODS comic youll find it intresting... for example the heroes call upon the power of the SOURCE and theres a character named Mark Moonryder, the main villian is named Darkseid and will remind you Vader in many ways. This came out before Star Wars was even a Blue Harvest script. When I first learned this I actually laughed!!

Edited by ForceSworn

but he isn't alive in C-canon because for it to be considered C-canon it has to fit in with G-canon. IN the movie, script, and novel Boba Fett dies.

Even if you don't care what GL says the rest of the canon system says he dies.

WRONG! Now you're about to learn something. Where in RotJ did ANYONE utter the words "Boba Fett is dead"??? Did they actually SEE HIS BODY???? No. Last ANYONE saw of him, he was falling into a Sarlacc with enough ordnance on him to start AND finish a war. Do you REALLY think he couldn't have escaped? Dude, he's ALIVE in C-Canon. Deal.

From what I understand, Lucas wonders the same thing. He never thought that Boba Fett was much of a character [citation needed, I know].

However, you have to realize that we had never seen anything like him before. This is before Iron Man, before Power Rangers (for kids, mind you), before all of the other "******" armored and helmeted warriors out there. For me, it was he was mysterious and dangerous. He followed and caught Han, nudged Luke in the right direction (he missed on purpose and was helping get Luke to Vader if you ask me). He didn't panic and was a cool customer. Plus, that armor was out of this world!

True, he "died" in a lame way, but that's because Lucas didn't understand why he was as popular as his big villain (Vader). Which is unfortunate, because he deserved to be treated better, in my opinion.

I get why Boba is popular. What I don't get is why people like Deadpool. Now, he's a joke. :p

DZ

Your citation is "Empire of Dreams" I believe, I recall Lucas saying that and talking about how he considered adding a scene of Fett crawling out of the Sarlaac in future Special Editions/Edits but decided it would detract from the movie. Fett is well liked because of his armor, look at Vader do you think he would be all ******, feared and cool without his armor? Fett's my favorite because of his Armor, his smarts and the mystery surrounding him (although the books did away with that).

You sure that was Wookiee? I thought he used the "Holocron" which is a database type thing that Leland Chee is the keeper of.

Do you think the Clone Wars Cartoons are C-Canon? Because they say it is. Its listed online as C-Canon , yet Maul lives and we saw him die in the movies , thus points out the possibility that Fett coulda lived as well since we didn't see him actually die.

Actually, it's T-Canon that Maul survived, and in the TCW series that George's family has quite a bit of control over. T-Canon is higher up than C-Canon, so your argument is valid.

But how can that be??? We SAW him DIE in TPM... or wait! No we didn't! We saw him falling into a ventilation shaft! ANd he was STILL HALF THERE and STILL ALIVE!!! OMG!!!

But WAIT! George SAID HE"S DEAD! Said he didn't fit with the second and third episodes!!!

BUT WAIT! He's now in a series that is pretty much just under G-Canon!!!

Now, Chewbacca is a Wookiee. He's from the planet Kashyyyk. What does Chewbacca have to do with this? Absolutely nothing. So, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit to you that Boba Fett is indeed alive.

:D

WRONG! Now you're about to learn something. Where in RotJ did ANYONE utter the words "Boba Fett is dead"??? Did they actually SEE HIS BODY???? No. Last ANYONE saw of him, he was falling into a Sarlacc with enough ordnance on him to start AND finish a war. Do you REALLY think he couldn't have escaped? Dude, he's ALIVE in C-Canon. Deal.

ROFL that's your big evidence???? No one said Boba Fetts dead???? I guess you missed the part where I said the script and the novel both say he died. The film has him fly into the mouth of a alien creature that no one has escaped from and to the main characters means certain death.

I love Biggs but you don't see me saying "Biggs is alive you never see his body so he must be alive. No one talks about him dying so he must be alive"

He fell in and then the Sarlac BELTCHED. Then it ate what 2 more people? Then the writer of the script even says several times that Boba Fett dies. But you conveniently decide to ignore ALL of that just because you want to believe he is alive.

But lets play your childish game. Lets look at what Boba has on him.

His blaster rifle is destroyed by Luke,

His grapple hook is destroyed also by Luke.

His Jet pack is destroyed by Han Solo

He flys head first into the side of a durasteal barge at full speed probably at the very least suffering a concusion.

He falls at least 25 feet onto the sand probably breaking some bones and then rolls into the mouth of a sarlac.

He has armor on his head and part of his chest. The rest of his body is covered with a fabric which provides little to no protection.

We also know his helmet isn't attached it just covers. It's not "locked on" or anything it just fits over his head and his skin is easily exposed.

So how does he escape? I'll admit I haven't read Tales of the Bounty Hunters since it first came out.

Oh wait just a sec I just realized. George did something very cleaver. Tales of the Bounty Hunter was written in 1996. The Special Edition where the Sarlac was given a beak was added in 1997. This additon means he can't escape the same way he did before as the Sarlac doesn't have an open mouth at all times.

But again this doesn't matter as every peice of G-canon says he dies in the sarlacc.

I feel like i'm at an intervention for a kid that won't admit his best friend died. It happened man you need to learn to let go.

edit: found my copy of Tales from the Bounty Hunter and a couple of interesting things. The stories continued to be retconned out by The Clone Wars (well aside from already being Retconned by the Canon system revamp but you don't care about that). In the book it talks a lot about The Bounty Hunter Guild and how after Dengar saves Boba they team up for a while for the first time. We know that's not true because of TCW. The Bounty Hunters Guild is also not right from what we know from TCW.

oh and as for your Maul comment George Never said he died. The script doesn't say he dies and neither does the novelizaiton. However all those things say Boba Fett dies.

You guys seem to be forgetting that the EU is a PARALLEL UNIVERSE.

There are two universes:

The Film universe is the universe that Lucas created and personally controls. It is considered to be the "true" story of Star Wars. Only the films and TCW series are canon in this continuity.

The Expanded Universe is an alternate reality based on Lucas's Star Wars. The films, tv show and almost everything else (video games, novels, etc) are canon in this universe. The events of the EU do not affect Lucas's Film universe in any way because the EU is a separate reality with its own separate timeline.

This means that:

Boba Fett DIED in the prime SW universe. Lucas continues to state that he died in RotJ.

Boba Fett is ALIVE in the EU. Lucas did approve it.

Edited by billyboyjennings

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.