Why do people think Boba Fett was a bad-*** charater?

Kerensk

Dude, give it a rest. If you notice the date and time on there, it was BEFORE your tirade and Boba hating binge on me. And as far as I'm concerned, C-Canon has him alive, and that's it. GL can suck a fatty for all I care. Fett's alive. Deal with it.

EDIT: And just so you know, the script did exist until he changed it. He admitted it in the interview. The original plan was to have him climb out at the end of the movie. Just because YOU can't find it doesn't mean it's not true. Heh. Just another "George Lucas is God" fanboy.

the please show me the interview at the very least you can prove that right??

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a Fandalorian (I'm taking term back from Traviss's Mandalorian Sues). As a kid. I was pretty much fascinated by this mysterious guy who donned cool looking armor and an array of weapons, tracking people across a huge galaxy in an awesome ship, and going toe to toe with opponents who effectively had superpowers when he had none.

Of course, his on-screen time was limited... He really shines in the comics. Seriously, check out the Fett Omnibus sometime.

the please show me the interview at the very least you can prove that right??

First, you tell ME that George stuck his nose into C-Canon and told them Fett is dead and there are NO MORE BOOKS to be written about him. Please do and provide a link to either the print interview or the on-air interview! I GUARANTEE you won't find it. Why? Because Books with Fett in them rake in about 70% - 75% of Expanded Universe profits for George. He is NOT going to admit that his C-Canon Cash Cow is dead. :p

He would say ANYTHING in certain interviews to cover his own butt. He said he had scripts written for ALL the movies back when Empire Strikes Back launched. That was a lie. He explained away Leia kissing Luke as "Oh, I didn't intend for them to be brother and sister at that point". He contradicted himself, and lied again. Should I go on, or is it going to be like talking to a brick wall because the "Word of God Lucas Is Absolute"?

First, you tell ME that George stuck his nose into C-Canon and told them Fett is dead and there are NO MORE BOOKS to be written about him. Please do and provide a link to either the print interview or the on-air interview! I GUARANTEE you won't find it. Why? Because Books with Fett in them rake in about 70% - 75% of Expanded Universe profits for George. He is NOT going to admit that his C-Canon Cash Cow is dead. :p

He would say ANYTHING in certain interviews to cover his own butt. He said he had scripts written for ALL the movies back when Empire Strikes Back launched. That was a lie. He explained away Leia kissing Luke as "Oh, I didn't intend for them to be brother and sister at that point". He contradicted himself, and lied again. Should I go on, or is it going to be like talking to a brick wall because the "Word of God Lucas Is Absolute"?

ROFL just because it bears the Lucas Film and Star Wars logo it doesn't mean its canon. Of course there are still Boba Fett books being made but they aren't canon.

Do you think Lego Star Wars is canon??? Masters of Teras Kasi? The Star Wars Christmas Special????

I have already shown you the original draft of Return of the Jedi and there is NO BOBA FETT IN IT. He already has said that Boba Fett is dead. Just because Boba Fett is dead doesn't mean people won't still buy books with him in it.

So once agian where is this interview where George Lucas says Boba Fett was originally going to live?

I can give you several interviews where George Lucas says BOBA FETT IS DEAD. But his death has NOTHING to do with more Boba Fett content being published.

Sure Lucas has lied but that doesn't change the fact that Star Wars is his creation and he still retains full control of it.

ROFL just because it bears the Lucas Film and Star Wars logo it doesn't mean its canon. Of course there are still Boba Fett books being made but they aren't canon.

Do you think Lego Star Wars is canon??? Masters of Teras Kasi? The Star Wars Christmas Special????

I have already shown you the original draft of Return of the Jedi and there is NO BOBA FETT IN IT. He already has said that Boba Fett is dead. Just because Boba Fett is dead doesn't mean people won't still buy books with him in it.

So once agian where is this interview where George Lucas says Boba Fett was originally going to live?

I can give you several interviews where George Lucas says BOBA FETT IS DEAD. But his death has NOTHING to do with more Boba Fett content being published.

Sure Lucas has lied but that doesn't change the fact that Star Wars is his creation and he still retains full control of it.

canon is a load of crap. if lucas really didn't want it in his universe he would, just say no. the fact that lucasfilms are willing to pat there name on it. kinda proves that lucas hasn't got a problem with it.

ppl say "ah but its money and he will do anything for money." well this is false, he has proven that he can have the biggest cash cow of all time right under his nose and if he don't want it, it won't happen. a new starwars film is my point.

boba EU might not be canon, but it is lucasart's approved

canon is a load of crap. if lucas really didn't want it in his universe he would, just say no. the fact that lucasfilms are willing to pat there name on it. kinda proves that lucas hasn't got a problem with it.

ppl say "ah but its money and he will do anything for money." well this is false, he has proven that he can have the biggest cash cow of all time right under his nose and if he don't want it, it won't happen. a new starwars film is my point.

boba EU might not be canon, but it is lucasart's approved

this is also lucas aproved.

as is this

just because it's aproved doesn't make it canon

A new movie could actually be more harmful to the franchise if it is not great. But he found an even BIGGER cash cow then a new movie and he is already doing it. Re releasing the films in 3d. Do you know how much it costs his studio to make it into 3d?? NOTHING.

Do you know why he is also releasing them 1 at a time?? because it means more money. Every year he will be able to release a new line of toys and promotinal items with the films. He could have released them all at once or over 6 months but this way he spreads out the profits making him a ton of money.

Edited by jarjarloves

as is this

A new movie could actually be more harmful to the franchise if it is not great. But he found an even BIGGER cash cow then a new movie and he is already doing it. Re releasing the films in 3d. Do you know how much it costs his studio to make it into 3d?? NOTHING.

Do you know why he is also releasing them 1 at a time?? because it means more money. Every year he will be able to release a new line of toys and promotinal items with the films. He could have released them all at once or over 6 months but this way he spreads out the profits making him a ton of money.

none of hat changes the fact that canon is crap. and even GL himself doesn't care or respect it. if he did there would be no boba fett books, he could just as easy say no to them. as you have just pointed out he has so many ways of making money, boba fett books are not b all and end all to his bank account.

also i'm pretty sure he really don't need the money or lucasarts don't need the money. i'm sure the staggering of the films is more to keep starwars in the limelight than it is to squeeze the pennys, i'm not saying they dont want the money, i just don't think that is the driving force. i think staying relevant to the fans is the most important thing here

none of hat changes the fact that canon is crap. and even GL himself doesn't care or respect it. if he did there would be no boba fett books, he could just as easy say no to them. as you have just pointed out he has so many ways of making money, boba fett books are not b all and end all to his bank account.

also i'm pretty sure he really don't need the money or lucasarts don't need the money. i'm sure the staggering of the films is more to keep starwars in the limelight than it is to squeeze the pennys, i'm not saying they dont want the money, i just don't think that is the driving force. i think staying relevant to the fans is the most important thing here

A business as big as Lucasarts not needing money?.....A big business like LA, does need money to keep going otherwise if they stop everything. Then they won't have any money to

1. Pay for the business expenses

2. Hire workers/authors

3. Pay their employees

When you have a huge business, you can't just stop trying to make money.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

For those arguing about cannon. GL doesn't care about cannon. He only cares about money and what ever cannon fits his agenda at that time to make money. I respect the man for making a franchise that I love, but that's as far as it goes. As others have pointed out, he constantly lies, back pedals, and down right changes his mind and says deal with it. I honestly believe some of the stuff he does to intentionally spite the hardcore fans. Sort of a see what happens when you ***** kind of thing.

In my opinion, cannon is whatever each individual makes it because the universe is that screwed up. I choose to make Boba alive, the emperor dies at the end of ROTJ, and Han shot first. There are just to many contradictions for there to be a true cannon. Frickin' comic books have easier to follow cannon sometimes, and that's bad.

Also, someone mentioned Boba preceding Ironman. I'm pretty sure that is wrong, I just don't feel like googleing it to prove it.

Edited by MikeAWBD

no YOU think the canon is crap.

George Lucas does care about it thats why he hired Leeland Chee and creeated the canon system

As for money he still needs it as he wants to do other project The Clone Wars, Star Wars Underworld, Red Tails these and more are all projects that lucas wants to do and they all cost money. He has to fund it himself because he wants complete creative control. When he was a young filmmaker he felt that the studios and money men shouldn't have any say in his movie.

That is why he funded the Prequels and had complete creative control. Thats also why they turned out the way they did but it is his vision. Same with Red tails no one wanted to make it except for Lucas so he funded it himself and made it.

So yeah Lucas still needs money.

A business as big as Lucasarts not needing money?.....A big business like LA, does need money to keep going otherwise if they stop everything. Then they won't have any money to

1. Pay for the business expenses

2. Hire workers/authors

3. Pay their employees

When you have a huge business, you can't just stop trying to make money.

ok so that was badly worded on my behalf. all i'm trying to say is. if EU boba fett offended GLs idea of canon, he would have no problem stopping the books. he has already demonstrated that starwars are his toys, and he has no problem taking them home and not letting any1 else play with them, if the mood takes him.

and sure of course lucasarts needs money to operate, but i think more than money drove the decision to stagger the 3D film releases. i think marketing had a lot to do with this

no YOU think the canon is crap.

George Lucas does care about it thats why he hired Leeland Chee and creeated the canon system

As for money he still needs it as he wants to do other project The Clone Wars, Star Wars Underworld, Red Tails these and more are all projects that lucas wants to do and they all cost money. He has to fund it himself because he wants complete creative control. When he was a young filmmaker he felt that the studios and money men shouldn't have any say in his movie.

That is why he funded the Prequels and had complete creative control. Thats also why they turned out the way they did but it is his vision. Same with Red tails no one wanted to make it except for Lucas so he funded it himself and made it.

So yeah Lucas still needs money.

no i dont think the canon system itself is crap, i just think the starwars universe has out grown it. and i do think GL ignores it when it suits him. and i think boba fett books are a perfect example of that

no i dont think the canon system itself is crap, i just think the starwars universe has out grown it. and i do think GL ignores it when it suits him. and i think boba fett books are a perfect example of that

what you said just makes no sense. So you like the canon system but you think that the things that are canon are crap. The canon system as it is says that the movies, scripts, offiical novels, and anything George says is 100% canon. THen comes the Tv series and then EU. Everything in the EU must conform to G-canon and T-canon

So it is the Canon system that has changed Boba's Back story and it is the canon system that has kept him dead.

George has ALWAYS said that Boba is dead it's the fans that keep wanting more of Boba. Thats why they created Jodo Kast and more importanly Jango Fett.

Edited by jarjarloves

what you said just makes no sense. So you like the canon system but you think that the things that are canon are crap. The canon system as it is says that the movies, scripts, offiical novels, and anything George says is 100% canon. THen comes the Tv series and then EU. Everything in the EU must conform to G-canon and T-canon

So it is the Canon system that has changed Boba's Back story and it is the canon system that has kept him dead.

George has ALWAYS said that Boba is dead it's the fans that keep wanting more of Boba. Thats why they created Jodo Kast and more importanly Jango Fett.

did what i say really not make any sense. ok let me try again. the starwars universe has out grown the canon system. the canon system was a good idea once. but then again steam engines were a good idea once. the canon system is not crap, it just doesn't fit the starwars universe anymore.

if GL can ignore it to give the fans boba fett, this proves it is no longer viable

anyway this thread is about why ppl like/dislike boba. if you tant to argue the viability of the canon system, make a thread and i'll gladly carry this on

did what i say really not make any sense. ok let me try again. the starwars universe has out grown the canon system. the canon system was a good idea once. but then again steam engines were a good idea once. the canon system is not crap, it just doesn't fit the starwars universe anymore.

if GL can ignore it to give the fans boba fett, this proves it is no longer viable

anyway this thread is about why ppl like/dislike boba. if you tant to argue the viability of the canon system, make a thread and i'll gladly carry this on

You do realize the current canon system came out in 2004 LONG after the majority of the EU stuff right?

Tales of the Bounty Hunter (the story where Boba Fett first crawls out) came out in 1996. He made the Canon system because the EU was FULL of stuff that contradicted itself. He made it because the fans wanted to know what was canon or not.

The reason this came up is beacuse somone said that Boba is a Bad *** because he lives through the sarlacc pit.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

Here is a post about SW cannon and what is cannon and whats not. This pretty much places Fett being alive into cannon. (and you also have to remember there are different levels of cannon , and its actually up to the fan what they choose to accept in their own SW world as part of their cannon) All in all , its Films , TV , books , comics then games. Very few recons and those are from books where some writer didn't listen when GL said "No , you can't have this or do that" (black LS's or DarkSabers as they are called)

Even GL said he didn't invision Luke and Mara getting married and having kids and same with Han and Leia , but its there and its cannon. Same with Chewy dying. Its all part of cannon now.

Edited by Sniperrecon

as is this

Your showing player made stuff and calling it out to prove a point of cannon? Come on man. Even stuff that makes it into video games is at the bottom of the cannon list. According to the SW history , the Exile was a girl (KOTOR 2) and if it wasn't for that game , that part of the story wouldn't be written , yet there it is and the Exile is a Woman , yet alot of us played her as a guy , GL just stepped in and said it was a woman. Same deal with KOTOR 1 and Reven being a guy.

In a ever expanding universe , Sw has to have leway to provide more info on characters and background on the universe. If it wasn't for that , we wouldn't even be here. The storyline in SWTOR is cannon , but none of your toons are.

Here is a post about SW cannon and what is cannon and whats not. This pretty much places Fett being alive into cannon. (and you also have to remember there are different levels of cannon , and its actually up to the fan what they choose to accept in their own SW world as part of their cannon) All in all , its Films , TV , books , comics then games. Very few recons and those are from books where some writer didn't listen when GL said "No , you can't have this or do that" (black LS's or DarkSabers as they are called)

Even GL said he didn't invision Luke and Mara getting married and having kids and same with Han and Leia , but its there and its cannon. Same with Chewy dying. Its all part of cannon now.

actually all of that is not canon. You are right on how it has different levels but the key point of that is for something in a lower level of canon to be considered canon it can't contradict anything above it.

So since Boba Fett died in G-canon anything that has him alive is not canon.

As for Luke getting married you are right George said that doesn't happen therefore it's not canon. In fact he has stated that nothing after ROTJ is considered canon.

Now with that being said there is a diffence between Canon and Continuty. Just because something fits into the Continuiety doesn't make it canon. The EU is part of C-canon or Continuity canon.

also none of the stuff I showed was player made stuff. One is a lolipop and the other is a new video game where Princess Leia danced in Jaba's Palace. As for the Kotor Stuff George Lucas doesn't even know what Kotor is. He didn't say make the Exile a girl. That is all bioware just like in Mass Effect even though you have mutiple choices and endings there is only 1 official ending just like there is only 1 commAnder Shepard and he is a Man and he looks like he does under the defualt settings.

Do I even have to bring up the Star Wars Christmas Special???

Also I agree 100% on the SWTOR story lines are Canon I never said they weren't. I'm saying that just because Lucas Arts slaps a log on something doesn't make it Canon. Take The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith edtion. Now the Force Unleashed is consideered Canon but not the Ultimate Sith editoin.

Edited by jarjarloves

actually all of that is not canon. You are right on how it has different levels but the key point of that is for something in a lower level of canon to be considered canon it can't contradict anything above it.

So since Boba Fett died in G-canon anything that has him alive is not canon.

As for Luke getting married you are right George said that doesn't happen therefore it's not canon. In fact he has stated that nothing after ROTJ is considered canon.

Now with that being said there is a diffence between Canon and Continuty. Just because something fits into the Continuiety doesn't make it canon. The EU is part of C-canon or Continuity canon.

Thats the thing tho. It showed Boba falling into the pit , but never actually dying. Ben being cut down by Vader is a good example of a Character dying , but yet he's brought back in a way that shows he's still dead , but still has a connection.

As for Boba (and how it can be allowed that he's in the EU) he never is seen actually dying , just falling into the pit. Other franchises have done things like this (Superman , Batman , Spiderman , Ironman , Captain America) , so why can't GL.

I did read a post once where GL said if he didn't want it written , it wouldn't be. Any book with SW on it has to be approved by him , and thus if they print something he doesn't like/want it won't be out there. He approved Boba still living so its there and part of cannon.

Like i said , i think its pretty much up to the person how they want to view cannon. If G-cannon is all you see , then your limited and thats sad TBH. Acording to that post someone mentioned , G-cannon was out in '96 , which means 1,2 and 3 are not part of cannon , just 4 ,5 and 6 and that makes things very limited (if people want to be sticklers about it that is)

I can't find it, but I can prove to you once and for all that Fett is alive in C-Canon and George refuses to nix him and retcon the books.

I'll give you TWO examples of George Lucas sticking his nose into C-Canon and changing things because he did NOT want them in Star Wars:

1) Wookiee Jedi. He nixed it, but grandfathered Lowbacca in as the LAST and ONLY Wookiee Jedi. He has retconned all previous Wookiee Jedi in the comics and novels.

2) The Original Jedi Code. He stuck his nose in and had them rewrite it because it wasn't restrictive enough with the "yet" parts in there. He then retconned the original code out of existence.

Now, if he REALLY didn't want Fett to be alive, he wouldn't be alive in ANY form of Star Wars set after RotJ. Case closed.

Thats the thing tho. It showed Boba falling into the pit , but never actually dying. Ben being cut down by Vader is a good example of a Character dying , but yet he's brought back in a way that shows he's still dead , but still has a connection.

As for Boba (and how it can be allowed that he's in the EU) he never is seen actually dying , just falling into the pit. Other franchises have done things like this (Superman , Batman , Spiderman , Ironman , Captain America) , so why can't GL.

I did read a post once where GL said if he didn't want it written , it wouldn't be. Any book with SW on it has to be approved by him , and thus if they print something he doesn't like/want it won't be out there. He approved Boba still living so its there and part of cannon.

Like i said , i think its pretty much up to the person how they want to view cannon. If G-cannon is all you see , then your limited and thats sad TBH. Acording to that post someone mentioned , G-cannon was out in '96 , which means 1,2 and 3 are not part of cannon , just 4 ,5 and 6 and that makes things very limited (if people want to be sticklers about it that is)

ok the script says he dies, the official novelization says he dies, the movie shows him faling into a monster where there is no escape and George Lucas said many times that Boba Fett dies and even said on the DVD commentary that Boba Fett dies there.

Not sure where you heard that about Lucas but he has never read or aproved anything. He has other people do that

From a 2005 interview with Lucas

STARLOG: "The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?"

LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent

This idea that George sits down and actually reads the EU stuff or even so much as signs off on anything is completely and utterly wrong.

About Boba Fetts death think of this.

George Lucas has done the following with his releases of the films

1. Greedo Shot first

2. Added Jaba the Hutt into A New Hope

3. Added Boba Fett into the same scene with Jaba. (new footage of Boba Fett btw)

4. Added a scene with Wedge in a New Hope.

5. Added new footage of the Wompa in Empire.

6. Added a song and Dance number in Return of the Jedi.

7. Added TWO new shots of Boba Fett in Return of the Jedi.

8. Digitally Replaced Anakin Skywalker with Hayden Christensen

But he still has never added even just one 2 sec shot of Boba Fetts hand reaching out of the ground. Nothing he has kept Boba Fett dead in the movies. So think of all those things that Lucas is willing to change but he is unwillling to let Boba Fett live.

G-canon didn't come out until the current canon system was created which was in 2004 or when ever Revenge of the Sith came out.

STARLOG: "The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?"

LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent

Another George Lucas lie. Pure and simple. If he didn't read any of the novels or comics in the ExU, then how would he have known about the original Jedi Code or Lowbacca being a Wookiee Jedi?

Oh, and if he had kept it consistent with RotJ, he would have said HOLD UP, NOW! When Dark Empire came out and Fett was alive again.

I can't find it, but I can prove to you once and for all that Fett is alive in C-Canon and George refuses to nix him and retcon the books.

I'll give you TWO examples of George Lucas sticking his nose into C-Canon and changing things because he did NOT want them in Star Wars:

1) Wookiee Jedi. He nixed it, but grandfathered Lowbacca in as the LAST and ONLY Wookiee Jedi. He has retconned all previous Wookiee Jedi in the comics and novels.

2) The Original Jedi Code. He stuck his nose in and had them rewrite it because it wasn't restrictive enough with the "yet" parts in there. He then retconned the original code out of existence.

Now, if he REALLY didn't want Fett to be alive, he wouldn't be alive in ANY form of Star Wars set after RotJ. Case closed.

You can't find it because it doesn't exist. Whoever told you that it does exist lied to you.

I can give you even more examples where George has changed EU canon stuff what's your point?

Why would George want to force people to stop making EU stuff about Boba? His stuff sells the best and he already said Boba Fett is dead. Why would he want them to stop giving him money?

Your whole arguement is because George doesn't stop it, it must mean that its 100% offiical. By that rational then this is 100% canon.

this is 100% officialy endorsed by George Lucas. He even came to it last year.

Another George Lucas lie. Pure and simple. If he didn't read any of the novels or comics in the ExU, then how would he have known about the original Jedi Code or Lowbacca being a Wookiee Jedi?

Oh, and if he had kept it consistent with RotJ, he would have said HOLD UP, NOW! When Dark Empire came out and Fett was alive again.

psssst because people tell him and he already said nothing after ROTJ is considered canon.

Edited by jarjarloves

You can't find it because it doesn't exist. Whoever told you that it does exist lied to you.

I can give you even more examples where George has changed EU canon stuff what's your point?

Why would George want to force people to stop making EU stuff about Boba? His stuff sells the best and he already said Boba Fett is dead. Why would he want them to stop giving him money?

Your whole arguement is because George doesn't stop it, it must mean that its 100% offiical. By that rational then this is 100% canon.

this is 100% officialy endorsed by George Lucas. He even came to it last year.

Ok, so either you REALLY hate Fett for some reason... Did he get your sister "in trouble" or something?

Or, you just take everything Lucas says as Gospel and ignore all the points people have made here about not only his mental wellbeing, but that he also seems to be a compulsive liar who backpedals to cover his own butt.

Either way, I'm done arguing the point with you. Fett is alive after RotJ in both novels and comics in C-Canon, and Lucas hasn't retconned it. If you REALLY want Fett dead that badly, write George a letter or something asking him to give up his C-Canon Cash Cow. Fly safe. o7