A real explanation and apolagy.

Shadowday_

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So by your definition, standards that were okay 10 years ago should be okay today? So you buy an iPhone and the mechanics are the same than those of a cell phone back in the 90's but in prettier covers and you're all alright about it?

I understand that point of view but I think you may have forgotten something... New technology brings new errors. New thoughts bring new fallbacks. "Standards" don't really enter into the equation there as much as "inevitabilities" do.

****, please be quiet. Why do you want an explanation? It COMPLETELY *********** IRRELEVANT?!

They have apologised. Get a *********** grip.

No one forced you by a gunpoint to read this thread really...

Blah Blah Blah. To the OP, please grow up! This is a MMO. Testing on a test server will never be the same as the actual live servers. Some times testing fails to expose potential problems. It just happens and your complaining and having no understanding of how the system actually works does not help the situation in any way.

Avoiding disasters however, takes practise...practise Bioware clearly hasn't focused much on. But well, apologists roam all you want. :rolleyes:

It's not apologist to point out a logical flaw in your argument. You said that emergency maintenance should never happen (as it did 10 years ago) because advances in technology should have made it obsolete. Code, however, is not created by technology, but by people. People will always make mistakes, and sometimes they will be critical ones. If a company waited until it was certain every possible human error had been eliminated from a product the size and complexity of a SWtOR patch, it would take years between releases, and even then, it would probably have errors that were overlooked (by human error!). The best they can do, and the best any company will ever be able to do, is make a product as sound as possible, while maintaining a practical schedule. This will sometimes result in emergency maintenance.

And by the way, insulting people who point out your mistakes is neither a logical argument nor a very convincing comeback.

Blah Blah Blah. To the OP, please grow up! This is a MMO. Testing on a test server will never be the same as the actual live servers. Some times testing fails to expose potential problems. It just happens and your complaining and having no understanding of how the system actually works does not help the situation in any way.

You've lived this long, being that dumb?

The patch was 2 lines. They are now into over 12 hours of maintenance. You figure it out.

Seriously, what is wrong with people today? They already explained and apologized. Do you want their blood too?

For gods sake grow up and get some perspective on life outside video games.

We wouldnt be posting if we could play.. yet here you are posting as well.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Umm, yes? Who would strive to see more imperfections? :rolleyes: No wait, Bioware fanboi! sorry, silly me! :D

I am not sure why you suspect me a fan boy... I hardly consider you irrational. Mistakes happen.

This isn't wow, eve, gw, etc... It is a game with what may be considered a very bad "hero engine" (whatever that means).

Different game, different management, different employees. By your standards no building should ever fail... but they do.

No halos around.

In production (no matter what kind) there is an 11% chance of error for every step in a process. Have more than 9 steps... uh oh. Again this isn't wow, if bioware was redoing wow your point would be valid.

:eek: srsly....

You waited years for the game to come out....

You have begged for a patch to fix things and improve on others and waited for months....

Yet, people can't wait a day so that its done right and fixed so that your gameplay is what you expect when you login to enjoy the game?

less QQ...go read a book, have a coke, and a smile and s t f u...:D

So by your definition, standards that were okay 10 years ago should be okay today? So you buy an iPhone and the mechanics are the same than those of a cell phone back in the 90's but in prettier covers and you're all alright about it?

Ahhh..... wut?

There is a world of difference between SWtor and WOW/WAR(which was only 5yrs ago and was an UTTER TRAVESTY of a release)

If you were there for both releases you would realise how much better BW have been doing.

So as far as I can tell there has been a massive improvement in standards.... and you Sir are talking out of your Sphinctre :)

Cheers

Seriously, what is wrong with people today? They already explained and apologized. Do you want their blood too?

For gods sake grow up and get some perspective on life outside video games.

Winner!

The childish behavior demonstrated on these forums is pathetic. Please just step back and grow up!

You should be ashamed of yourselves. I am sure your mom would be very disappointed and possibly ground you from the computer if she read your rage.....over a video game!

Perspective does one good.

Winner!

The childish behavior demonstrated on these forums is pathetic. Please just step back and grow up!

You should be ashamed of yourselves. I am sure your mom would be very disappointed and possibly ground you from the computer if she read your rage.....over a video game!

Perspective does one good.

Yet you partake in the same conversation. ;)

Welcome to reality. Things go wrong. Life goes on. If you sit around and complain about it, you're not only doing no good for yourself, but no good for anyone else either. Just let Bioware do their job, because they're considerably more qualified to judge how to do it than anyone commenting here.

With the game down for the moment i think the OP should spend some time here http://www.spellingcity.com/

FFS have some ******* respect. The guy ain't from an English speaking country. I hope you realize how ignorant you are being. English has been proved to be one of the most hardest languages in the world. Maybe he didn't bother with Google, but otherwise everyone could understand him. People with dyslexia would be making the same mistake. Would you take the **** out of them?