Legacy Banks ( Shared Character Bank )

Ashember

Easier? Think before you type.

Mailing mats back and forth is a pita. A shared bank would make crewskills on multiple toons way easier. I log back and forth between my cybertech and armormech chars way too often to see if one has a mat the other is out of. If I could dump all my scavenged materials into a shared bank life would be sweet.

especially if you farm different stuff on different characters. I either have to constantly and I mean pretty much after every gaming session - consolidate my mats/ BoE items/legacy gear/etc, or just try to remember who has what. which more often than not means several log ins and log outs, until I find what I need.

what shared storage does that personal storage does not is ability to just dump things directly into it and consolidate items without all the extra log outs, log ins.

if they don't want f2p to circumvent the mail system, then they could just make it available to preferred/subscribers. but it would be a wonderful quality of life improvement for a lot of us altoholics.

Edited by Jeweledleah

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
OK, here is the Idea for the Legacy system.

Shared Character Bank

So how many times a day do you switch Char to find that one freakin mat you need to make that piece for your friend/guild-mate.

What if you had one bank for your toons, that you can pull mats and shared Items from.

or

you buy a tab in your bank that is a "Shared Character Tab" that you can put tradable items in, Like Mats, BOE armor, weapons and such. This could be a legacy perk. Kinda like a personal guild bank. Maybe on top of that a Shared Money pool.

You won't have to create an alt just for a guild bank any more.

What do you all think?

This is a great idea. Shared bank slots for all my characters on the same server was a default bank setting in DDO and you could buy more shared bank slots if needed (which most people did).

Devs wont do it. It would disrupt the style of progression they're trying to inflict on you and make your journey a hell of a lot easier which means you could stop playing (and paying) sooner. Too many drawbacks for them and too many perks for us that could inflict damage on their profits.

I agree this idea would be cool, don't get me wrong, but you really have to consider the devs mindset isn't necessarily OUR mindset. They still have to make a profit - so the game has to have nuances here and there. Example: The dreadful ways of free to play. Great at first - and then you get deeper in the game and more or less hate it.

Just dwell on the intricacies for a few and you'll see what I mean. There's too many chances for work arounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah for sure, they better not make us pay for it though, **** annoying enough that they made us waste our credits spending 2mil on white color crystals saying they will never be available again any other way only to release even better ones a few months later that cost nothing. rage

anyway +signed here for sure

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would GLADLY pay for a shared crafting INVENTORY TAB. It does get a bit old and cumbersome to always have to shift mats between alts. They have different crafting skills, but some share mat requirements.

This inventory tab would have to be large enough to hold all the crafting materials at the same time. So it would be pretty big.

I can always hope.

STO just released a crafting materials tab, although they didn't think or chose not to make it account wide. But at least having one saves enormous bank space. shift the price from extra slots to a new crafting bag, and you keep your sales intact.

Edited by Viian

Ah, old thread. Just a couple weeks now until we actually have legacy banks and this becomes completely obsolete.

It would be nice if we were getting a materials page for legacy storage modeled after the currency tab in some way (tweaked to allow deposits and withdrawals) though. Just one long list of every material and the number in stock. No bays with limited number of slots and stacks no larger than 99. Everything on one page. Or if they really wanted to break it up for max profit maybe there could be a few different pages that have to be unlocked separately (one per generalized type of material (metals, compounds, etc.) or one per crew skill (scav, arch, etc.)), but each of those pages would be a list, not a bay.

We're not though. We're getting 5 bays with a capacity of 80 slots per bay, exactly the same as the regular cargo hold. It'll still have some use for materials storage to help with crafting where different characters use the same materials. It just won't eliminate the need for characters to stock materials in their own personal cargo holds.