Legacy Banks ( Shared Character Bank )

Ashember

This is a good idea, but it may lead to half the raid "needing" that useful drop, with their excuse being "Well my alt needs it". Maybe a "Need for Legacy" button could be implemented, giving you the chance of getting the drop more likely than if you selected greed, but less of a chance than if you pressed need, and it binds to legacy instead of binding on pickup. Now those who are fresh 50s/55s who do need the drop can need it with it bound to that character.

This. As I have read there have been a lot of problems in the raiding system.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they allow us to put bound items into the Legacy banks so I can use my outdated PvE gear and BoP schematics from raids for alts, otherwise the concept is almost unnecessary.

This is a good idea, but it may lead to half the raid "needing" that useful drop, with their excuse being "Well my alt needs it". Maybe a "Need for Legacy" button could be implemented, giving you the chance of getting the drop more likely than if you selected greed, but less of a chance than if you pressed need, and it binds to legacy instead of binding on pickup. Now those who are fresh 50s/55s who do need the drop can need it with it bound to that character.

This. As I have read there have been a lot of problems in the raiding system.

Oh, missed that. Yeah... no sharing of bound items via the bank, unless as Kajuratus suggests and a BoL roll option is added.

Devs,

Is there any progress to report on getting something along these lines implemented? Your last input on this was in May of last year and it sounded like it was something that you also thought made a lot of sense.

I've gotten a new pc since I first started following this thread, so now it doesn't take me nearly as long to log between toons. But I'm sure there are still tons of people out there where logging between toons is a painfully long task. Especially if you're not exactly sure which one happens to be storing exactly what you're looking for.

you buy a tab in your bank that is a "Shared Character Tab" that you can put tradable items in, Like Mats, BOE armor, weapons and such. This could be a legacy perk. Kinda like a personal guild bank. Maybe on top of that a Shared Money pool.

1+

If you search this "Suggestion box" Section for bank, you end up for over 400 threads, and MANY of them is about this issue.

This game is very much about having multiple toons(A legacy) and with current system its just stupid that we havent gotten shared credit and a legacy bank were we could put items that arent bound and bound on legacy.

Its just a PAIN to keep looking for the 1 mat you need across maybe 4-5 characters, you know you have it, you just have to find it.

I opened lots of threads about this and didnt find 1 developer respons, I think its about time we get it.

Along with this they need to implement an actual bank slot so again you don't have one character holding credits so they don't get eaten by the repair droid bug. I don't keep more that 30K credits on my characters because I am constantly losing big credits to the repaid droid bug which means that I have a character that I can't play because she is holding all the credits.

Other games have this and it isn't hard to implement but again Bioware fails to take a good idea and implement it.

1) Credits, materials, etc could be shared instead of mailing

2) When other people send you crafting materials (it happens a lot since I do enhancements, mods and armoring, I don't have to spend additional credits sending these materials to the right alt.

3) It would bring TOR to 2013. Get up to speed with other MMOs.

what repair droid bug O_O

I think I have left my support in this thread before (or at least thread like it) but here it is again.

the 3 things I would love that bank to work for are crew skills mats/missions/schematics

bind on legacy gear/items

bind on equip items

I would also like shared credits functionality, but they might not be as open to that due to credit caps for f2p /preferred (no, I wouldn't want them to lose the ability to access legacy bank, should it be implemented, that would just be ridiculously unfair IMO. losing quick travel/emergency fleet pass is bad enough)

I may have posted in this previously but I will definitely co-sign it again especially with the state of crafting/crew skill gathering.

On my Cybertech toon with Scavenging and Underworld Trading there are materials that I get so much of but cannot be used. Since I have an Armormech toon that uses the same crew skills for gathering, I usually have to look for the items and send them to my Cyber toon and vice versa. Having a shared legacy guild bank would eliminate me logging back and forth to toons sending mats back and forth.

Also credits. I've got 4 sub level 40 toons and everytime I make a new one, I gotta send him the credits. Would be nice to be able to have a shared bank he can draw from so that it's not needed.

Not saying give it away either. Since everything seems to be going to Cartel Market, I wouldn't mind paying for it.

/signed

Glad to see that there other people who wants this aswell, we need to get an answer from the developers. People please bookmark this thread and follow up it, its so easy for it go get drowned in all the new topic that appear.

I think it's a great idea and also besides being able to grab mats you can store credits (savings account) so any of your toons can use these funds when needed, especially when you are on the GTN and something is dirt cheap and you dont have the credits on that toon to buy it, that would help out a lot.

Need it too !!

I can add another reason for it : it's very hard too send an mail twice a day from rep to empire reroll, which means no pre-fill name, when you choose a role-playing name for your chiss Bounty Hunter Jarhey'naa'tanr... Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to see a shared bank tab as well.

Only let us put items in there if we would be able to mail them to our alts (no bound items except for Bind on Legacy).

Make it available for in-game credits or cartel coins. Maybe throw in a legacy level requirement.

At this point I've had legacy level 50 for about a year, so legacy doesn't concern me much. I would eagerly pay a million credits for one tab like this, and if multiple were available I'd likely buy them all.

I have to second this feature request.

Played LOTRO and used the account cargo bank a lot.

Saves you the trouble of having to mail things around between your characters.

I think it should be a Legacy thing so it only applies to those accounts that actually have the ability to create a Legacy.

• 4 weeks later...