The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

If you live within minutes of the border, then you have friends with nice US addresses right on the inside of the border, right? :D

BioWare is selling games to international audiences, they should accept that the US is not the only country on Earth. Also, since EA (BioWare's overlords) are a multi-billion dollar company, they should have no trouble chipping in to get the item sent elsewhere.

That being said, BioWare has done this before. So no surprise. TOR release, "giant community event" and several other instances. Most of us are used to BioWare pandering to the US audience only *shrugs*. Those not in the US, you'll get used to it eventually, although your view of BioWare will deteriorate.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contests like these are always US exclusive. What about all your European fans? All the people who play on this side of the globe?

If you´re already gonna advertise a contest like this, at least make sure ALL your fans can participate.

So much to "one big community".

BioWare is selling games to international audiences, they should accept that the US is not the only country on Earth. Also, since EA (BioWare's overlords) are a multi-billion dollar company, they should have no trouble chipping in to get the item sent elsewhere.

That being said, BioWare has done this before. So no surprise. TOR release, "giant community event" and several other instances. Most of us are used to BioWare pandering to the US audience only *shrugs*. Those not in the US, you'll get used to it eventually, although your view of BioWare will deteriorate.

It's not BioWare that's doing the contest...

The fact that this is announced on the login screen advertisements and then when you excitedly check out the terms of the competition, you see that it is not open to non-US citizens, is something of a crushing blow. Naturally, I can see that this thing is huge and shipping will be somewhat costly so it does make sense that it is US only, on this particular site.

However, could you not have - at the very least - arranged for a competition to be arranged for all of us people who don't live in the US? I live in the UK, I am a huge Star Wars fan and that gift is amazing (over-the-top and my wife would castrate me but, amazing!)

Well, thanks for not even giving us a try or, even a consolation competition. I hope my money doesn't make you choke...

Shipping and tax , well if it has to go to holland 19 % tax over 6000$ and shipping fee's .

Multi Billion dollar company cant even add a bit of service and cover the fee's for "ONE " starwars fan .

Why is this so hard for you people to understand? READ!!! Pay the TAXES on the shipping. Nowhere does it say you have to pay the shipping. Moot point anyways but that's besides the point.

Starting today and continuing until May 11th, 2012, individuals who have registered accounts with http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com will be able to enter for a chance to win a life-sized figure of Darth Malgus, valued at nearly $6,000. To enter, make your way to the Sideshow Collectible’s contest page, and fill out their general contest form with your name, address, phone number and email. Remember to use the same email address that you used to register your Star Wars: The Old Republic account! If you do not yet have an account on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com, you can create one by clicking the “Sign Up” button at the upper-right corner of the browser window and following the simple steps that follow.

Read More

So what? If someone won it, all it would do is serve to remind - actually mock - them about the money they wasted on this farce.

So if I win how much taxes are we talking about? Here in Texas, which is called Taxes by the locals, know all too well the expense.

So if I won this item valued at 6,000 (and that's valued not what I could actually sell it for) would cost me 360$ at 8% interest PLUS several hundred dollars in shipping fees? Something that size/weight is nearly 500$ shipping minimal.

The funny thing is, i didnt read that this was US only (But i should have known better) so i signed up for it and one of the boxes i HAD to check before allowing the submission was that i would pay for shipment myself.

Now explain to me why i could not possibly win this because i live outside of the US if im willing to pay for shipping myself?

The funny thing is, i didnt read that this was US only (But i should have known better) so i signed up for it and one of the boxes i HAD to check before allowing the submission was that i would pay for shipment myself.

Now explain to me why i could not possibly win this because i live outside of the US if im willing to pay for shipping myself?

And how would you pay for taxes? That was also on there...

all you guys qqing about the shipping. this is a 7ft statue of one of the coolest gaming characters of all time. this is the same statue bioware has in their office. this is a timeless collector's piece.

$500 shipping is reasonable for something like this.