Whiners and Complainers - Don't take their word for it

Boarg

OP is right and I'm enjoying PVP even more.

Whats the population like on your server? Are both factions even, is your faction population lower or higher then the other? You might be enjoying pvp because of a superiority in numbers, yes? Maybe?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

player participation is way up.

Of course it is, the patch people have been waiting months for is finally here.

But I can promise you, it won't last if this fiasco isn't reversed, and quickly. This change to win/loss rewards will drive more pvp players away, and faster, than any other problem SWToR has had to date.

My roommate patched, logged in and played most of the night. By the time he went to bed, he was no longer subbed to the game. I'm not far behind him.

Edited by Vember

IMO, the QQers are the ones who were just medal farming before 1.2.

My server is full of bad pvpers. I'm not saying I'm the best in the world, or even close to it. But the number of just plain bad players amazes me.

If people would learn to play their class, learn how to play as a team and learn the fundamentals of each WZ, there would be alot less whining on the forums.

IMO the point of the changes to WZ in 1.2 was designed to force people to learn to play. No longer can you just medal farm and reap the rewards of being a bad player. The devs implemented medals for offensive and defensive objectives to discourage players from running around randomly killing enemies because that is not a TEAM objective.

Actually, you can still be a bad player a reap the rewards, even more now, if your on a server where the population on your side dominates the other.

IMO, the QQers are the ones who were just medal farming before 1.2.

IMO the point of the changes to WZ in 1.2 was designed to force people to learn to play. No longer can you just medal farm and reap the rewards of being a bad player. The devs implemented medals for offensive and defensive objectives to discourage players from running around randomly killing enemies because that is not a TEAM objective.

I don't post all that often... and I like 10-49 pvp after 1.2 but, the expertise changes made it so anyone not in full BM has 0 reason to stay in a losing WZ that is not good game design plain and simple.

You want to encourage your player base to play the game and stick out the tough fights not quit and move on as soon as things turn south.

I agree 100% about team play I never vote for someone with a solo kill unless I knew they were solo guarding a turret/door/mid in huttball.

I PUGd all had no problems at all. Wins and losses seemed about normal. I get about 50 comms on loss with all 8 medals, which isn't too hard at all to get, and 100 in wins. I enjoyed 1.2 and the new warzone is better than I thought it would be. My vote goes with OP on this one.

Judging by the posts here yesterday, you'd think patch 1.2 was the apocalypse of the PvP environment.

After getting home, logging in, and actually playing warzones for about 4 hours last night…

What a bunch of fools. The PvP environment on a whole is vastly improved from pre-1.2 and player participation is way up. (appeared to be about 3x from before)

Warzone lag is much improved and everything plays smoother as a whole. Healing is better balanced with the rest of warzone play, resulting in more interesting matches where objectives are gained more often. The medal system better rewards actually doing the things that win instead of deathmatching. Customizable UI is great. The reward system is orders of magnitude better now that RNG is finally gone. Color matching mismatched armor is cool. Faster camera zooming. The new WZ is really fun. And on and on…overall, huge patch with lots of goodies.

Complaints about rewards for losing being too low are exaggerated. Winning and losing was about 50/50 for me that night… On average, losing matches gave roughly half of the commendations from winning. ~80-85 for winning, ~35-40 for losing. Even losing, I would still get 4-8 medals on a dps only character (zero healing, zero protection).

Nobody was rage quitting and to not get any medals you'd have to pretty much lay down and quit trying. Be a man and do your best, even if you're not gonna win.

Healers aren't worthless. They can handle themselves just fine in a 1v1 with a dps, which is the way it should be. It still takes focus fire to kill a healer, and support from other healers and tanks still counter focus fire. It plays like it should. Healers used to be OP, get over it and enjoy your better pvp environment.

Yes, we didn’t get ranked matches. However, in the absence of cross-server queueing, this is probably a blessing in disguise. Ranked matches limited to each server as an island was doomed for failure, and they probably realized it and made the right call. It was just gonna put more stress on the queue system dividing up already too small queue pools even smaller.

Class balance isn't perfect, but it's better than it was and still better than most other competing MMO's.

Don't let the serial whiners poison your perception. Keep an open mind and go try it for yourself and make up your own mind. Reality is probably a lot closer to more people having more fun with less frustration than pre-patch.

Totally agree!!

Well said all around.

I don't post all that often... and I like 10-49 pvp after 1.2 but, the expertise changes made it so anyone not in full BM has 0 reason to stay in a losing WZ that is not good game design plain and simple.

You want to encourage your player base to play the game and stick out the tough fights not quit and move on as soon as things turn south.

I agree 100% about team play I never vote for someone with a solo kill unless I knew they were solo guarding a turret/door/mid in huttball.

There is a flaw in the mvp system that can be taken advantage. If your grouping with other people, you can vote the way your team wants you to vote, so, even if Betty Boop was the worse player in the game, she could still get the most mvp votes. An lets face it, it happens all the time!

I PUGd all had no problems at all. Wins and losses seemed about normal. I get about 50 comms on loss with all 8 medals, which isn't too hard at all to get, and 100 in wins. I enjoyed 1.2 and the new warzone is better than I thought it would be. My vote goes with OP on this one.

This was my experience. They've nerfed comm output GLOBALLY by about 33%. This is reasonable, given that you now use comms themselves for BM gear - and rated BM gear, temporarily.

There is a flaw in the mvp system that can be taken advantage. If your grouping with other people, you can vote the way your team wants you to vote, so, even if Betty Boop was the worse player in the game, she could still get the most mvp votes. An lets face it, it happens all the time!

the way I vote in a pug or a premade is the same... I see who is making effort to win a match and they get my vote even if their number at the end of the match were complete garbage.

I totally agree with the statement that this has been a great patch. It has proven all the apocalyptic talk wrong.

Example 1: Everyone said hybrid spec for Sorcs/Sages would be killed.

Response: I saw 2 different sages hit 500k+ in 2 different matches yesterday (Twice more than anyone else in that match), and since they both were still running with their hybrid spec, I would say that the spec is looking pretty nice.

Example 2: Everyone said that Sorc/Sage healing would be stupid and pointless, and the long cast major heal would kill their healing capabilities.

Response: My guild's Sage PVP Healer nailed 440k healing IN HUTTBALL (not even Voidstar, where it would have been about 30% higher). That is the exact same, if not a little higher than he had been hitting before.

I (Assault Vanguard) felt that overall dps across all toons has seen a bit of improvement (unless you consider people in full champion = garbage expertise now); healing has not been "nerfed" as much as everything else has been brought up to its level.

As a quick side note:

Friendly note to all players: Yes, you do need BM gear now. It doubles your expertise. (you need over 1k now to be competitive) That is why your dps/healing/dmg taking sucked yesterday. :p

So please, give it a chance. I promise 95% of you will like it.

I agree with the OP, really good patch, and I will be a faithful subscriber for a long time. Changes were needed, they were made, now our PvP is more fun. I'm tired of gear just being given out with minimal effort. It should take time, and a lot of gameplay to get the really good stuff.

You must have a lot of free time...

The people who like the current system of PvP are those with full BM gear that are once again able to ROFLSTOMP lesser geared folks and/or they are on the majority side of an unbalanced faction server. Edited by Pedra

Take off your BM gear and play a match. Go to an underpopulated faction and play for a night, and tell me people are whining as opposed to voicing legitimate concerns. Edited by Myene

Agreed, loving this patch. How long did it take WoW to even get a fourth warzone/battleground?

Bucketload of awesome stuff came with this patch. New warzone, custom UI, target of target, new gear, colour match, training dummies, objective scores got fixed,..

So boohoo your class got nerfed, these are all still massive improvements over what we had before.

Also I do not get the whine about the warzone commendations at all, people do you know how ridiculously difficult it was before to get that battlemaster gear when it was all RNG on some dailies? Seriously.

Que times were definitely longer for me last night than they had been before, I expect that will continue until cross server ques become a reality.

Playing a healer is pretty much like being the ball carrier in huttball, everyone with a clue is trying to take you out first. You guys that talk about them in one on one situations don't make any sense and I imagine have never played a healer.

Whats the population like on your server? Are both factions even, is your faction population lower or higher then the other? You might be enjoying pvp because of a superiority in numbers, yes? Maybe?

My server is fairly balanced, I play Republic and our side is a little under populated compared to Imps, but not by a huge amount.

Agreed, loving this patch. How long did it take WoW to even get a fourth warzone/battleground?

Bucketload of awesome stuff came with this patch. New warzone, custom UI, target of target, new gear, colour match, training dummies, objective scores got fixed,..

So boohoo your class got nerfed, these are all still massive improvements over what we had before.

Also I do not get the whine about the warzone commendations at all, people do you know how ridiculously difficult it was before to get that battlemaster gear when it was all RNG on some dailies? Seriously.

I noticed that you said "Boohoo your class got nerfed", not "Boohoo MY class got nerfed". I guess you don't have a dog in this hunt... why bother commenting? Just to troll?