Whiners and Complainers - Don't take their word for it

Boarg

Judging by the posts here yesterday, you'd think patch 1.2 was the apocalypse of the PvP environment.

After getting home, logging in, and actually playing warzones for about 4 hours last night…

What a bunch of fools. The PvP environment on a whole is vastly improved from pre-1.2 and player participation is way up. (appeared to be about 3x from before)

Warzone lag is much improved and everything plays smoother as a whole. Healing is better balanced with the rest of warzone play, resulting in more interesting matches where objectives are gained more often. The medal system better rewards actually doing the things that win instead of deathmatching. Customizable UI is great. The reward system is orders of magnitude better now that RNG is finally gone. Color matching mismatched armor is cool. Faster camera zooming. The new WZ is really fun. And on and on…overall, huge patch with lots of goodies.

Complaints about rewards for losing being too low are exaggerated. Winning and losing was about 50/50 for me that night… On average, losing matches gave roughly half of the commendations from winning. ~80-85 for winning, ~35-40 for losing. Even losing, I would still get 4-8 medals on a dps only character (zero healing, zero protection).

Nobody was rage quitting and to not get any medals you'd have to pretty much lay down and quit trying. Be a man and do your best, even if you're not gonna win.

Healers aren't worthless. They can handle themselves just fine in a 1v1 with a dps, which is the way it should be. It still takes focus fire to kill a healer, and support from other healers and tanks still counter focus fire. It plays like it should. Healers used to be OP, get over it and enjoy your better pvp environment.

Yes, we didn’t get ranked matches. However, in the absence of cross-server queueing, this is probably a blessing in disguise. Ranked matches limited to each server as an island was doomed for failure, and they probably realized it and made the right call. It was just gonna put more stress on the queue system dividing up already too small queue pools even smaller.

Class balance isn't perfect, but it's better than it was and still better than most other competing MMO's.

Don't let the serial whiners poison your perception. Keep an open mind and go try it for yourself and make up your own mind. Reality is probably a lot closer to more people having more fun with less frustration than pre-patch.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are kind of wrong on several accounts. There are so many people complaining because most of the complaints are justified.

For example, regarding healers (I play all three):

My best healing class in all situations was boosted.

My worst healing class in competitive play was nerfed.

The only one that was a fairly balanced change was the one to my Merc.

90% if the people complaining are the same people who have been complaining since day one. they complain no mater what. truth is, pvp has been a blast since 1.2 patch. vast majority of people are loving it, especially the new WZ. tons of people playing WZs, very few people whinning and crying in the game. but come of forums, and its same thing as always, pvp section is dominated by complainers.

Totaly agree with op , great patch .

People or should i say young adolescents will always cry when something doesnt go their way.

Stupid and childish comment to refer to everyone with a complaint as an adolescent.

Totaly agree with op , great patch .

People or should i say young adolescents will always cry when something doesnt go their way.

I bet your server either doesn't have a population issue, or your playing on the side that outnumbers the other, yes?

I just want some credits if I loose thats all. I like how they give you an incentive for winning and cutting the reward in half for a loose but I would like a small amount of credits as PvPing is my main source of income.

I do not like the fact that players quit at the first signs of a loose. They should have put the penalty for quitting a ranked warzones into this patch for regular warzones for the time being.

beside the usual useless whining there is also a lot broken now. you seem to overlook this. though, as it seems BW sees it. that's why we got today TWO emergency shutdowns of the servers.

i can't tell for every issues, but beside of some broken class talents not working anymore, there was an issue with damage mitigation NOT due to competence for several classes/builds.

the latter one created for healers the impresion not being able to heal anything. though most whiners as usually thought it is due to the slight healing nerf and dmg buff from competence. but is not. the difference is far too small to explain the mitigation difference in real.

this though seems to have been fixed after the first emergency patch today. but then they messed up and reverted a lot of stuff elsewhere, so we got a second one.

you guys may keep being so ingorant and think every think is fine while we got today to emergency patches/shut downs with the last one even not having an eta, but i rather suggest to open the eyes as this thread is more whine as the usual whine threads in here.

^ That and a bag of chips.

Oh man, the level of Q-Q on these forums is unbelievable.

I have never in my years of playing videogames, seen anything like this. I've played a lot of big-name titles and Indie titles and never has it been this bad. It's almost as bad as reading the comment boards on Gamefaqs.

I did 8 pvp matches last night. First 3 with guild. Won each, got 300 total coms. Then I pugged for 5. Got zero twice (even though I led the group in damage etc), and averaged about 25 for the other three. Lots of pug participants got ZERO. conclusion: there is zero point in pvping without a premade.

Once the casuals all realize this, it's the beginning of the end of pvp. there is no point pugging for a tiny fraction of the reward the pros get. You can't win without good gear, and you can't get good gear without winning.

If you want to endure long wait times for the occasional pvp match against other premades, by all means enjoy the current reward structure. But if you want to be able to join matches with pugs frequently, you should recognize that people will stop playing if they are not rewarded for their time. Whether you think that's fair or not, that's the fact.

90% if the people complaining are the same people who have been complaining since day one. they complain no mater what. truth is, pvp has been a blast since 1.2 patch. vast majority of people are loving it, especially the new WZ. tons of people playing WZs, very few people whinning and crying in the game. but come of forums, and its same thing as always, pvp section is dominated by complainers.

89% of all statistics are made up, the other 64% are correct with a further 10% undeclared due to 99% abstaining.

Edited by triangulate

I agree with the OP, really good patch, and I will be a faithful subscriber for a long time. Changes were needed, they were made, now our PvP is more fun. I'm tired of gear just being given out with minimal effort. It should take time, and a lot of gameplay to get the really good stuff.

I have never in my years of playing videogames, seen anything like this. I've played a lot of big-name titles and Indie titles and never has it been this bad. It's almost as bad as reading the comment boards on Gamefaqs.

Funny how your opinion > everybody elses. People have a gripe with the game, they post about it. And guess what, its most likely not "the same people as always".

I'm glad you are having fun, some of us are not. So kindly respect my opinion on the current state of the game.

1.2 from the pvp I have done is great except in 3 aspects...

I hit 50 the night after 1.1.5 hit live and have since been grinding my gear. I ended up having 7 pieces of BM + extra relic as pre 1.2 I only used 1 BM relic and the rest champ. I was able to do very well with this gear to the point I was happy with my situation. Now after 1.2 I have been knocked back to worse than the day I hit 50 against everyone including those in recruit gear. There is something very wrong with that picture. In MMOs it is inevitable that current gear is going to get replaced and out dated but, I have never seen it happen to such a degree in a single patch.

The nerfs to comms for losing combined with the over the top nerf to credits earned though WZ will and is going to create less reason to stay in a WZ if you every think things are going to go south.

1.1.5 made you not hate staying if you were going to lose cause of the rewards potention was good enough and now 1.2 erased any reason to stay in a losing match for more than 1-2 minutes.

Edited by Kabulla

I can remember some serious crying on the WoW forums for at least the first 6 months the game went live. I would love to read thru the forums, sometimes you could almost visualize the person ranting an going all emo, drooling at the mouth, pounding their keyboard.

Complaining people are usually the vocal majority.

The also have the tendency to all make their own thread so they can multiply their anger

and spit their negativity criss-cross.

Glad you make a stand here inmid the mud-fight.

I would have great fun now in 1.2 if the servers were online :D

Thanks for 1.2 and keep on improving the game.

Just a slap in the face for the art team.But i think they already got the message.

Edited by Sabredance

Irony is always lost when people post whine threads about whiners

He's not whining, he's saying you're all wrong. This post struck me as pretty accurate. I had about 6 hours before I got to play because I was at work and the whole day it was post after post about PVP apocalypse and rage quitters. I got on and had the most fun I've had in a long time. People are babies, and change scares.

Now, that's not to say this patch doesn't have it's issues. Obviously ranked warzones not coming in throws off the balance of these changes. Not to mention, that I didn't think sorcs really needed a nerf. Outside of that, in general, I feel like the changes were pretty outstanding.

Even the PT nerf.

Edited by Scoobings

Complaining people are usually the vocal majority.

The also have the tendency to all make their own thread so they can multiply their anger

and spit their negativity criss-cross.

Glad you make a stand here inmid the mud-fight.

I would have great fun now in 1.2 if the servers were online :D

Thanks for 1.2 and keep on improving the game.

Just a slap in the face for the art team.But i think they already got the message.

Could you imagine how many pages a thread would have if it was the only one of its kind? By the time you commented on a reply you saw, another 50 pages would be added, lol!

I would be fine with the changes if it didn't cost something like 84,000 WZ tokens to get a full set of WZ gear for my newly leveled Sentinel. And I have 2 toons that I play a lot. So yeah, sweet.

And due to a loss being a waste of time, people are leaving WZs en masse. On top of that, if I play correctly and cap a node and guard it, I'm going to get less comms than if I spend a few minutes guarding, and spend the rest of the WZ zerging it up.

So in my opinion, the PvP has not improved at all. Quite the opposite, actually.

IMO, the QQers are the ones who were just medal farming before 1.2.

My server is full of bad pvpers. I'm not saying I'm the best in the world, or even close to it. But the number of just plain bad players amazes me.

If people would learn to play their class, learn how to play as a team and learn the fundamentals of each WZ, there would be alot less whining on the forums.

IMO the point of the changes to WZ in 1.2 was designed to force people to learn to play. No longer can you just medal farm and reap the rewards of being a bad player. The devs implemented medals for offensive and defensive objectives to discourage players from running around randomly killing enemies because that is not a TEAM objective.