Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1.2 Does Not Favor "Spacebar Spammers"

EvanSnowWolf

The amount of people screaming how unfair the 1.2 patch is to the non-50 folk is absurd. More to the point, is this so called "Spacebar Spammer" accusation I seen in every single thread related to it.

I have a 50, a 36, a 33, a 32, and a 19.

I did not "Spacebar Spam", I work 6 days a week, and I play in two tabletop RPG games a week while also taking night classes for Art and Astronomy that are three hours a piece.

AND I HAVE A 50.

Seriously, I was totally with you guys sighing at the no lifers that were 50 before New Year's Eve. THAT was Spacebar Spamming. It is now almost halfway through April, FIVE MONTHS LATER.

I don't know if you just subbed recently, but I got my first character to 50 casually amidst all of that busy schedule in about 45 days. That is 1.5 months of the 5 this game has been out. I am the very definition of the casual, and I have a 50. Please stop assaulting Bioware because you are either:

A.) So addicted to making alts that your ADHD prevents you from getting even ONE to 50. Really, not one?

B.) So unbelievably into roleplaying (not that I blame you), that you spend so much time idling around that you never got a single character to 50. If you really enjoy RP THAT much, maybe you should engage in a full RPG and not an MMO that wants you to like, interact with stuff.

TL;DR: PEOPLE THAT COULDN'T GET TO 50 IN 150 DAYS SHOULD NOT BE MAD AT BIOWARE TRYING TO BE NICE TO PEOPLE!

Not all of us have a goal of getting a character to 50

in fact a lot of us don’t

It is like saying if you didn’t wear out the engine in your car in less than the warranty, don’t blame me

well.... I don’t blame you, I may laugh at you, but I don’t blame you

It is like saying if you didn’t wear out the engine in your car in less than the warranty, don’t blame me

I'd say its more like buying a car and never leaving your village then complaining that the visitors to the village near you got given free ice cream:)

That's like playing a game of pool and just refusing to sink the 8 ball because you are just having so much fun bouncing it off the rails for three hours straight.

That's like playing a game of pool and just refusing to sink the 8 ball because you are just having so much fun bouncing it off the rails for three hours straight.

More like after endless reading about how there is nothing to do at endgame players decided to roll alts instead of finishing that grind to 50 to unlock dailies for credits they didn't need. Or after their server population went to crap they rerolled so they could actually do the endgame content. Or they were foolish enough to actually level on the test server to help Bioware. Or any of a myriad of personal reasons.

Doesn't matter though-Bioware doesn't appreciate their support and loyalty.

Nah, it's more like - buying a car and never actually go for a ride with it, because you're content with occasionally sitting in the driver's seat in the garage.

To be fair they should of only offered the free month to players who have been here since the first month (which would be anyone who subscribed from Dec 20th - Jan 20th) and have stayed subscribed without any break in their subscriptions.... Now that would of been fair to all... As it is, people who just joined last month and powered level to 50 are being rewarded where someone who has been subscribed for 5 months solid but has just been playing with alts and has no 50's are being punished....

It's really hard to figure out what Dev's are thinking when they do things like this.... Was it a late Friday evening after several beers someone comes up with this idea? Yeah lets do a reward that upsets a percentage of our player base for the fun of it.... Doesn't take a genius to see how this was going to play out....

To be fair they should of only offered the free month to players who have been here since the first month (which would be anyone who subscribed from Dec 20th - Jan 20th) and have stayed subscribed without any break in their subscriptions.... Now that would of been fair to all... As it is, people who just joined last month and powered level to 50 are being rewarded where someone who has been subscribed for 5 months solid but has just been playing with alts and has no 50's are being punished....

It's really hard to figure out what Dev's are thinking when they do things like this.... Was it a late Friday evening after several beers someone comes up with this idea? Yeah lets do a reward that upsets a percentage of our player base for the fun of it.... Doesn't take a genius to see how this was going to play out....

It isn't hard to figure out at all.

People re-subbed for ranked warzones in 1.2. They pulled those warzones at the last minute, so they offer the affected players a month of play time while they get the warzones implemented.

If you aren't 50, ranked warzones don't affect you.

Edited by KrittaB

No spam - full time job - 6 level 50s.

NO spam on first toon (other than repeated heroics/FPs).

Four fifties, never spammed any class mission. Sure I spam planetary missions bc I already know whats going on.

Full time job, wife, kids and other things going on. Really not that difficult folks.

I have to agree with the OP. I went through the entire storyline from 1-50 reading / listening as went. I got my crafting to 400 as well during that time along with spending hours on the fleet just wasting time. Total time played to 50 without spacebar spamming 6-7 days played. Now that time could come over 1 week playing hardcore style or over 2 months playing a few hours a day but you'd get there.

The goal of ALL MMORPGs is progression, progressing your character, progressing what you do, and so on. If you don't wish to do what the game is genre is designed around your choice and all. But don't whine when you don't get benefits that go to those who are doing what the game is designed around.

Hello all,

We understand that not everyone gets along, or agrees with each other, but we ask that topics be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and not the community itself. We are going to close this thread, but please do feel free to join in on discussions about specific game-related topics.