Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PFT damage underwhelming?

KennehBE

VG version damage is fine but the slow isn't working.

The PFT slow is working, at least when my client is updated to the enemies position, can't tell you how many times i stun, throw FT out and bam it's done and no damage went out, client updates and dude is stuned like 4m to theleft. ***.

Not my lag either, 60ms most times. Srsly this game can totally fail in pvp and othe rplayers lag can equal an advantage.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PFT slow is working, at least when my client is updated to the enemies position, can't tell you how many times i stun, throw FT out and bam it's done and no damage went out, client updates and dude is stuned like 4m to theleft. ***.

Not my lag either, 60ms most times. Srsly this game can totally fail in pvp and othe rplayers lag can equal an advantage.

Im gonna be honest this is really the main reason IMO Pyro is till better than AP

Agree with op on dmg part, still I must eather do something wrong or I missunderstand tooltip. Tested 10 x games with AP yesterday and in nerly every game I had at some opint stuns or other things brake my 5 stacked FT. In my opinion a chaneled mele range ability is about teh stupidest thing ever, but build a dps class/spess around a chaneled mele range ability is even worse.

Wonder what the healers would like if they had to be in "mele" range to bandage/heal pppl and the bandaging was chaneled?

I told you guys.

Flamethrower is garbage and you'll never get use out of it in a legitimate PVP scenario vs any player with half of a brain.

It's amazing. I use it all the time. My win % is very good, esp if my main team is on (normally like 9/10). It only sux when I solo q, get 4 people in 12k gear (srsly buy Champ gear it's just credits people) and the other team has all BM+).

Anyways, with the new uninterupt/slow even against good players it's amazing. Pop HO so you can't get knocked back, cast it when they are a bit away from you so they can't run through you, watch 2k ticks blow that sucker up.

Maybe it's cause I like the playstyle and am good at it, but I find AP to be better then Pyro. In fact since 1.2 I'm doing more damage then I ever was in AP.

It's amazing. I use it all the time. My win % is very good, esp if my main team is on (normally like 9/10). It only sux when I solo q, get 4 people in 12k gear (srsly buy Champ gear it's just credits people) and the other team has all BM+).

Anyways, with the new uninterupt/slow even against good players it's amazing. Pop HO so you can't get knocked back, cast it when they are a bit away from you so they can't run through you, watch 2k ticks blow that sucker up.

Maybe it's cause I like the playstyle and am good at it, but I find AP to be better then Pyro. In fact since 1.2 I'm doing more damage then I ever was in AP.

But fact remains I bet you don't do "most damage" or anything close most/all the time and its not cause u don't play as well as your teammates but because the dps output is simply not comparable to the "OP" or balanced classes like rage spec juggs, marauders, or snipers.

I know that in full BM gear in AP spec simply doing my rotation vs either a mara or a sniper will get me killed with me only getting them down 40 percent. Now, you might say "hey, but game is balanced around group play!" Well apart from huttball and HO AP doesn't bring anythong!!!!! Juggs get the AoE snare with better survival and better AoE output for instance!

Let's be honest we play AP because we like seen stuff burn and that's it ;)

But fact remains I bet you don't do "most damage" or anything close most/all the time and its not cause u don't play as well as your teammates but because the dps output is simply not comparable to the "OP" or balanced classes like rage spec juggs, marauders, or snipers.

I know that in full BM gear in AP spec simply doing my rotation vs either a mara or a sniper will get me killed with me only getting them down 40 percent. Now, you might say "hey, but game is balanced around group play!" Well apart from huttball and HO AP doesn't bring anythong!!!!! Juggs get the AoE snare with better survival and better AoE output for instance!

Let's be honest we play AP because we like seen stuff burn and that's it ;)

Nope. I constantly top damage over mara's in full BM and I'm not even rocking 2/4pc bonus's *cause I like the look of warhero too much*.

I don't loose to mara's or snipers 1v1 ever unless I have no CD's up and they do. And even then I'm getting them to the point with mara's they are popping their 90% reduction before they kill me.

Snipers HO keeps me in Melee range, and since they don't move PFT smokes them hard, only place if they are up top in HB and i'm down below, no way to jump to them/pull them down if in cover.

I play it cause it's fun and does massive damage.

Nope. I constantly top damage over mara's in full BM and I'm not even rocking 2/4pc bonus's *cause I like the look of warhero too much*.

I don't loose to mara's or snipers 1v1 ever unless I have no CD's up and they do. And even then I'm getting them to the point with mara's they are popping their 90% reduction before they kill me.

Snipers HO keeps me in Melee range, and since they don't move PFT smokes them hard, only place if they are up top in HB and i'm down below, no way to jump to them/pull them down if in cover.

I play it cause it's fun and does massive damage.

Do you have fraps >.>?? You might wanna do a tiny video showing how you beat a engineer sniper without using LOS... Cus I am calling BS :)

Do you have fraps >.>?? You might wanna do a tiny video showing how you beat a engineer sniper without using LOS... Cus I am calling BS :)

Na I don't. But only have problems in HB with them. Since different levels. If i get time tonight I'll try and get fraps and find one to duel.

Na I don't. But only have problems in HB with them. Since different levels. If i get time tonight I'll try and get fraps and find one to duel.

Please do the cus only place I don't have probs with them is precisely in HB cause of the 1001 ways to LOS them.

Edited by Assaultrooper

Please do the cus only place I don't have probs with them is precisely in HB cause of the 1001 ways to LOS them.

The key with the sniper is to electrocute and then grapple them to you when you have a 5 stack. Pop HO and burn them down. They will immediately try KBing you, and by the time they realize they need to waste the rest of their CD's on you, they are down to 30 percent health.

Granted, if they catch you out in the open while you are trying to close the gap they will be harvesting your organs within 30 seconds. The worst is when you run into an Op/Sniper team. it's stun, kb, mez, stun, snare, kb, stun, mez, snare, and generally at that point, I dance in place and wait to die.

The key with the sniper is to electrocute and then grapple them to you when you have a 5 stack. Pop HO and burn them down. They will immediately try KBing you, and by the time they realize they need to waste the rest of their CD's on you, they are down to 30 percent health.

Granted, if they catch you out in the open while you are trying to close the gap they will be harvesting your organs within 30 seconds. The worst is when you run into an Op/Sniper team. it's stun, kb, mez, stun, snare, kb, stun, mez, snare, and generally at that point, I dance in place and wait to die.

Op/sniper team or double Op team. Both openers from both ops, ouch.

But generally 2v1 is difficult.

Yea you gotta use your gap closers, the stun/grapple is the one main way. Sometimes i'll HO and put my back towards something so even if knocks me back, FB will still reach em.

Op/sniper team or double Op team. Both openers from both ops, ouch.

But generally 2v1 is difficult.

Yea you gotta use your gap closers, the stun/grapple is the one main way. Sometimes i'll HO and put my back towards something so even if knocks me back, FB will still reach em.

1v1 I have more trouble with snipers because they can beat me up like crazy and I can't grapple them to me. Ops are pretty easy to drop by themselves, but team them up with a sniper/slinger and it's a deathknell for me.

It's funny, because sniper/assassin teams are nowhere close to as difficult for me, and I ran into a merc/sin team guarding one of the new nodes and it wasn't that difficult to crush them both.

1v1 I have more trouble with snipers because they can beat me up like crazy and I can't grapple them to me. Ops are pretty easy to drop by themselves, but team them up with a sniper/slinger and it's a deathknell for me.

It's funny, because sniper/assassin teams are nowhere close to as difficult for me, and I ran into a merc/sin team guarding one of the new nodes and it wasn't that difficult to crush them both.

Oh i agree sniper/op or double op is hard. Sniper mara yea that's hard too, or double mara right now.

Single sniper not so hard IMO anyways. or sniper/sin.

Oh i agree sniper/op or double op is hard. Sniper mara yea that's hard too, or double mara right now.

Single sniper not so hard IMO anyways. or sniper/sin.

I actually have no issues with double mara that isn't explained with they have a ton of damage. I can usually kill one and take the other to 30 percent off.

I actually have more trouble with the Jug/Mara combo's I see now. Stun, kb, Force Grip, stun, kb, and on and on it goes. Especially tank jug/knights, wholly crud they may not hurt me, but they got about 10 different ways to take you out of commission.

I actually have no issues with double mara that isn't explained with they have a ton of damage. I can usually kill one and take the other to 30 percent off.

I actually have more trouble with the Jug/Mara combo's I see now. Stun, kb, Force Grip, stun, kb, and on and on it goes. Especially tank jug/knights, wholly crud they may not hurt me, but they got about 10 different ways to take you out of commission.

Yea jugg stuns sucky. OH i didn't say i didn't take out 1.5 mara's when 2, just hard to kill both when both have 90% reduction.

Yea jugg stuns sucky. OH i didn't say i didn't take out 1.5 mara's when 2, just hard to kill both when both have 90% reduction.

I dunno guys what you have been assuming the sniper doesn't know how to fight PTs in general (which given its actually true for 98% of the snipers out there). But I know this sniper who because I used to gy camp him now always goes after me, using only flashbang and stun saving his cds always for me. Meaning as a Pyro I pretty much have to get him down or ill die...

I am talking of exactly that scenario where you are literally running towards him in leveled ground with him and you full on cds... :(

Edited by Assaultrooper

I dunno guys what you have been assuming the sniper doesn't know how to fight PTs in general (which given its actually true for 98% of the snipers out there). But I know this sniper who because I used to gy camp him now always goes after me, using only flashbang and stun saving his cds always for me. Meaning as a Pyro I pretty much have to get him down or ill die...

I am talking of exactly that scenario where you are literally running towards him in leveled ground with him and you full on cds... :(

If he is full of CD's and I am running to him, than it's wait till he uses that crap flashbang or his worst kb, than Electrocute grapple and burn him. It's about all you can do. Then use Carbonize to mess him up and hit him with immolate, FB and RP. In a few seconds he dies.

The problem is when Electrocute is down, and you have 0 stacks of PFT. If it's like that I run away and hide.

TLDR version: If he has full CD's and you don't, then don't run to him. If you have CD's it's a 50/50 shot in the dark.

If he is full of CD's and I am running to him, than it's wait till he uses that crap flashbang or his worst kb, than Electrocute grapple and burn him. It's about all you can do. Then use Carbonize to mess him up and hit him with immolate, FB and RP. In a few seconds he dies.

The problem is when Electrocute is down, and you have 0 stacks of PFT. If it's like that I run away and hide.

TLDR version: If he has full CD's and you don't, then don't run to him. If you have CD's it's a 50/50 shot in the dark.

I was gonna do a round up of what "actually" happens but if you get me a video of someone doing this to GOOD engineer sniper (good in that he doesn't lag.. so that he can get into cover) then it'll dispel all doubts.

I was gonna do a round up of what "actually" happens but if you get me a video of someone doing this to GOOD engineer sniper (good in that he doesn't lag.. so that he can get into cover) then it'll dispel all doubts.

You are talking about the bomb guys? sheesh, I would actually have to meet one first.

I thought you meant the sharpshooter/marksmanship guy. I generally only run into Lethality or MM guys. I don't know the last time I saw a Sab/Engineering guy.

You are talking about the bomb guys? sheesh, I would actually have to meet one first.

I know right. Even though they got a healthy buff in 1.2 I have seen literally one (easy to spot by Incendiary Grenade/Plasma Probe) since the patch and it was a Saboteur Gunslinger.

I'll assume for his part that he was undergeared, having a bad day or was new to the spec (likely), but I had no trouble rolling him a few times. I don't think he understood HtL's mechanics.

What is it about Engineer/Saboteur that is giving you (Assaultrooper) grief? LIke I said I haven't encountered the spec enough to know what is so strong about it now.

I know right. Even though they got a healthy buff in 1.2 I have seen literally one (easy to spot by Incendiary Grenade/Plasma Probe) since the patch and it was a Saboteur Gunslinger.

I'll assume for his part that he was undergeared, having a bad day or was new to the spec (likely), but I had no trouble rolling him a few times. I don't think he understood HtL's mechanics.

What is it about Engineer/Saboteur that is giving you (Assaultrooper) grief? LIke I said I haven't encountered the spec enough to know what is so strong about it now.

Well is not "grief" before and after patch the Dps of Pyrotech is sufficient to kill them, BUT AP lags behind badly.

Engineer snipers at least in my experience are the only spec/class that compares to PTs in single target damage output. Meaning as AP I "jump" he flashbangs me (As a Pyro I never trinket ccs) by then I believe with my limited knowledge of snipers that he first puts the bomb probe on me, then ambush followed by instant crit snipe = me in 60-50% hp (I'd still make it if it he wasn't engineer!) the interrogation probe followed by the channelled ability completely destroys me after...

Now looking at the engineer tree I don't think it is a full /31/ spec but a hybrid, has to be common cause I have seen already 2 engineers using it with similar results.

Well is not "grief" before and after patch the Dps of Pyrotech is sufficient to kill them, BUT AP lags behind badly.

Engineer snipers at least in my experience are the only spec/class that compares to PTs in single target damage output. Meaning as AP I "jump" he flashbangs me (As a Pyro I never trinket ccs) by then I believe with my limited knowledge of snipers that he first puts the bomb probe on me, then ambush followed by instant crit snipe = me in 60-50% hp (I'd still make it if it he wasn't engineer!) the interrogation probe followed by the channelled ability completely destroys me after...

Now looking at the engineer tree I don't think it is a full /31/ spec but a hybrid, has to be common cause I have seen already 2 engineers using it with similar results.

Hmmm engineer sniper, ok this I haven't run into. Not sure one exists on my server. Tell me what to look for for engineer's over the other kinds.

EDIT: Yea reading sniper forums, seems lots of peeps looking at eng for pvp mainly. Fun times. should run into 1 soon.

Edited by dardack

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.