PFT damage underwhelming?

KennehBE

I've specced full AP this morning and went to test PFT on a testdummy (didnt have the time to test it in pvp)

I used immolate and FB to get my 5 stacks, ready to unleash FT....i do 3k damage..***?

am i doing something wrong?

I've read in other threads that it's supposed to do +12k damage?

My FB did crits of 2k damage on the dummy, why is the damage of my FT that low?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never given AP a try until now and have discovered the same thing- n full BM PFT is hitting like a duck...not a truck.

Railshot hits way way harder for much less effort...I'd like to know how anyone is able to get any sort of "burst"...flamethrower is a dud.

It did drop a little this patch. It was 3 ticks at 1,2 and 3s into the channel.

It now has 4 ticks at 0,1,2,3 seconds for the same damage so naturally it will do less per tick.

In a mix of champion/centurion i could crit the ticks for ~2k so yeah 1k a tick seems reasonable.

I don't see 12k being possible at all but definately a full relic/adrenal PFT could get 8-9k if the ticks all crit which in 3s is a large amount of burst

It did drop a little this patch. It was 3 ticks at 1,2 and 3s into the channel.

It now has 4 ticks at 0,1,2,3 seconds for the same damage so naturally it will do less per tick.

In a mix of champion/centurion i could crit the ticks for ~2k so yeah 1k a tick seems reasonable.

I don't see 12k being possible at all but definately a full relic/adrenal PFT could get 8-9k if the ticks all crit which in 3s is a large amount of burst

In all BM. i'm getting 2.3k-2.6 crits and 1.3-1.5 reg. 4ticks, i dropped a healer with all crits 11k damage in 3 seconds.

On a group of 2+ even more amazing.

Okay, let me clarify both the misunderstanding and the damage. All AoE is seeing smaller numbers due to them gaining an extra tick. I was testing DFA last night and my damage was severely reduced, because it was ticking more often.

With FT now you get 4 ticks instead of just 3. I haven't noticed anything really bad.

As for the 12k damage, The statement was PFT is our burst 12k in 6 seconds is awesome! I can understand how that's confusing, but I was talking with Mapex about the burst cycle of 6 seconds.

Pyro's burst is based on 6 seconds of major damage = RS/RP/RS/FB = 6 seconds

AP's burst is also 6 seconds = PFT/RP/IMM = 12k Damage

RP can hit for 2.7-3.5k on a crit, Imm hits for 3.5-4.5k, and PFT will get you 5-6k. Though I do like hearing about the guy in full BM gear seeing close to 11k. I am a little short on expertise currently so I am not seeing that high a damage. I am seeing more like 900-2k per tick over 4 ticks.

Okay, let me clarify both the misunderstanding and the damage. All AoE is seeing smaller numbers due to them gaining an extra tick. I was testing DFA last night and my damage was severely reduced, because it was ticking more often.

With FT now you get 4 ticks instead of just 3. I haven't noticed anything really bad.

As for the 12k damage, The statement was PFT is our burst 12k in 6 seconds is awesome! I can understand how that's confusing, but I was talking with Mapex about the burst cycle of 6 seconds.

AP's burst is also 6 seconds = PFT/RP/IMM = 12k Damage

RP can hit for 2.7-3.5k on a crit, Imm hits for 3.5-4.5k, and PFT will get you 5-6k. Though I do like hearing about the guy in full BM gear seeing close to 11k. I am a little short on expertise currently so I am not seeing that high a damage. I am seeing more like 900-2k per tick over 4 ticks.

That was once in like 10 WZ's. I'm pretty sure i've faced him before and he has BM gear, but maybe he forgot and had pve gear on. Also, it's hard to see ALL 4 crit. Mostly it's 1-2.

I would like to add when talking about Pyro burst. You need to take the TD explosion in to account if you time it correctly with that first RS. It's a good 3k-5K damage added on.

I would like to add when talking about Pyro burst. You need to take the TD explosion in to account if you time it correctly with that first RS. It's a good 3k-5K damage added on.

yeah, but I am not sure if anyone takes into account TD when talking about Pyro boost since the Pyro's I talk to rarely use it accept when dealing with Runners and/or as they run in.

Plus 6 seconds sounds so much cooler than 7.5 seconds :eek:

That was once in like 10 WZ's. I'm pretty sure i've faced him before and he has BM gear, but maybe he forgot and had pve gear on. Also, it's hard to see ALL 4 crit. Mostly it's 1-2.

I am not so sure, I usually see 3 out of 4 crit about 75 percent of the time. It crits quite a bit actually. Every once in a while, I will get a limp noodle hit of 750 tick or you get the really lame 4 ticks of 750, then I will see the 1.4-2.2ks again. I have no idea how or why and it bothers me to no end. BTW, the combat log sucks. If you check it after you leave a WZ all it has is your deaths or kills listed and not the damage of each attack.

I have yet to run a parser so I am not sure how much damage it accounts for in a regular rotation.

You know what, I forgot about a Guarded player, and me being taunted at the same time. That makes total sense since most of my limp noodle hits are against healers.

Edited by TheOpf

I have yet to run a parser so I am not sure how much damage it accounts for in a regular rotation.

You know what, I forgot about a Guarded player, and me being taunted at the same time. That makes total sense since most of my limp noodle hits are against healers.

Yep. It sux against guarded/taunted. I meant the 11k was rare. I'd say 7.5-9.5 is normal.

BTW

http://memoriesofxendor.com/parser/desktop/index.html

Awesome live parser.

people are dying with lots more fire then with Pyro, this is more pyro then pyrotech, Im liking it, post patch consistent with 300 DPS per PVP match, not where Id like to be but still at the top of the leaderboard in the games with protection and damage factored in

and this is the first day with the railshot build, not sure if its worth all the points into railshot as its every 15 sec, I figured out I need to dot the target with RB to get Railshot to proc and gotta pay attention to the crit and free RP too not easy to play but it does have decent DPS, in Full Eliminator with a the enhancements swapped for the Agent gloves enhancements from columi/champ not getting the high crits like railshot from Pyro but the DPS is about as good more consistant...gotta get used to it, I think its something I could get used to

Maybe it's because I'm still new to the spec,and I also have really bad gear (couple of champs and centurion only) but I'm not really liking AP for pvp. I'm finding I just don't live long enough to get full stack of PTF and in the event that I do get a full stack they just run out of it or I get knocked back/stunned /etc. I realize the crap gear has a lot to do with but at this point I think I still like pyro better for pvp. Will keep plucking away at it though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.