Farewell SWTOR

Evuriday

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Never played WOW so I never understand all these comparisons that a lot of players seem to throw out about this game and that game. I do know however this game has been very smooth and well built compared to some of the titles I have played.

Anyone who belives this was a bad game at launch or even now didn't play STO at launch or any time after. Yeah it got better but at launch it was almost unplayable.

No matter what there is no way to ever make everyone happy in an MMO. It is just not possible no matter how hard a company tries. Constructive criticism can go a long way, but outright complaining and bashing usually falls on deaf ears.

This update is a good start, since you are leaving may I suggest staying in school over the summer and focus on your writing skills...

Why is it a wall o text?

Because they don't go to school anymore to learn they go to socialize and take home participation ribbons and trophies. Thier teachers are spending too much time opposing education reforms to teach properly. Obviously the OP's English Lit teacher has dropped the ball.

Bye Bye...waagggggh....so long and all that other rot.

It's unfortunate that you've never actually played any other MMORPG when a major patch has been deployed, otherwise you'd realize that this has been a very painless patch, as such things go. Patch was release ON TIME, didn't break anything major (unless it did for a bare handful of users), and can easily be tweaked over the next week or so.

That doesn't mean i agree with all the changes. But no patch will be 100% embraced by 100% of players. It's just not possible.

Take the good, work around the bad, and suck it up. Or leave and give me all your stuffz. Either way works for me. Players with some fortitude stay, those that we're better off without leave. Win/win :D

This patch 1.2 is by far the worst update I have seen emplimented on an mmorpg. SWTOR had been set apart from all the mmo's on the market because of its excellent game play and spec customizing that most other games moved away from. Well, that was pre-April 12th, 2012. 1.2 feels too much like a World of Warcraft cloning patch. Bizzard, during the Linch area, emplimented a change to their class talent tree that forces players to spend 90% of their talent points in one respective tree; making players have to go the full 40 pts specs. You've done this exact samething. I was refreshing to beable too hybrid spec my sage Yuty as telekinetics/balance. But by taking that way by change the mechanics of popular talents you have begun to take the same steps that have ruined other games that had great potential. Now on my Sage that I used too love I have too choose whether I want too play her like WoW's Arcane/Fire Mage, Disciplne Priest, or Shadow Priest. This is just one example but now the games far too similar. This game does look amazing and excellent details the voices are a nice feature but arent necessary. My characters never talked in KoToR ad I still loved both 1 and 2.Honestly if Im going play a game that has been force after its release to be this much like WoW I might as well play the original that has been going 7 years strong and not the upstart. Hopefully Bioware and put this game back on track to greatness. Please go back too and stck too the principles that made KoToR one of the best video games ever made. You've proven time and time again that you are one best at making games, but this one will be free to play soon if you (Bioware) continues on the path laid by this awful patch.

I dont know what you're on about, this patch was the healthiest thing this game could ever have received.

Granted the increased effectiveness of expertise made PvP go a bit more into the direction of WoW's PvP wich is a bad thing... but it isnt there yet.

Aside from that, combat is more responsive than ever, sound has been improved, graphics have been improved, difficulty of PvE content has been increased, UI's can be customised with no need for 3rd party programs that put your PC at risk and combat logs can be parsed and studied proving that there is no need for in-game DPS meters whose only purpose is to provoke social discrimination and lets not forget all the bugs that were finally squashed.

The game is better than ever my friend, i dont know exactly what you're complaining about. I never witnessed a better patch in all my years of WoW.

Yeah well my unsub hits BioWare, EA and Lucas Arts for three would-be loyal subscriptions of 45$ a month, and unless they start catering to someone besides spacebar' grinders, thousands of dollars over the period of time we would have played the game.

So much for being a "different" MMO. We're going to go try out The Secret World, Guild Wars II and TERA now... not to mention we'll be playing Diablo III of course.

You know GW 2 will be the same just free?

Good riddance ya big drama queen.

Hmm just read this about your guild.

Argo (scottish)

I first heard about CORAL when Deanogee poached my LFGuild post, as they (we) are a Republic guild and I was looking as an Imperial Agent wantobe, this tipped my curiosity and I soon found out CORAL is not like every other guild out on the market. They (we) have looked under every rock to find the best members for a top tier raiding guild.

The “Leadership Structure” if you want to call it that, is rather unique in the gaming world. Every member has equal say on what does, and does not happen within the guild. Every action is voted on, discusses at length until a clear majority consensus is reached. There is no one man show here.

The activity within the guild is very high, with members from both America and Europe, no matter what time you play at, there will always be someone to share some banter with.

My favourite part I must admit is the maturity within the guild. There is no feeling of elitist kids that will rage on you for the slightest mistake, there is an air of patience and understanding that allows people to learn from their mistakes, and not have a lesser experience because of them.

Not the responce i would expect from the worlds #1 guild with this kind of testimonial.

Eveyone has a right to voice/opionize/point dude even the org. poster.

Edited by CaineSoto

Damn people thinking this is the only patch they will ever put out and making decisions based on that. It is pretty much their 1st large patch. Give them time to tweek and fix their patching process and to see what the community wants and to give us new content accordingly. So no this isn't going to be the end of swtor so stop being so damn negative. I would love to see most of you put out a better game. Edited by Baynn

Patch is fine. Stop crying, and no, I didn't read your post because you need to learn about the Enter Key.

WZ is alright, haven't done the PvE content but watched Deagen streaming it and it is actually hard. UI Customization is fantastic. If your class got hit with the nerf-stick, adapt. They took away my AoE Tankability on my Jugg (cooldown on AoE threat can no longer be lowered from 45 seconds to 30, smash damage lowered etc.) but I'm adapting to playing without it.

TL;DR:

Learn to adapt and stop crying. If you're really so angry at BioWare then leave without trying to get attention on the forums

some of the class nerfs are more than just an "adapt" to survive. sorcs will just fall over to anyclass and have a hard time healing threw a few kittens nipping at someones feet

To BioWare,

When Blizzard comes out with "Diablo 3" this May, you will be losing a lot of subscribers. Blizzard is quite accurate with their game play and fans seem to be satisfied. Giving false information and nerfing the casual gamers who modd'ed their gear for their style of game play is not the way to keep your customers happy.

Understandably, we do know why you delayed the 1.2 Ranked Warzones but what i do not understand is the recent nerf of gear that many players feel that are unfair. I have tried the WZ's which is definitely to my disliking.

Personally, I play a focus jedi guardian and from what i can tell, i do a lot less damage than i used too. From what the community knows, is that the jedi guardian class is broken. We have a defensive cool down that mitigates 50% of melee damage BUT only a 25% to force attacks and ranged attacks. That is a load of BS! Most players play the ranged dps class, so i'm usually getting focused down by BH and Sorcerers. In pvp, jedi guardian tanks are completely underpowered vs the jedi shadows.

When i think "guardian" i think of a actual guardian, not some wannabe tank.

When i think "shadow" i think of a ninja-like assassin, not a tank that can cloak and run away from incoming damage.

Since when can a shadow be a better tank than a guardian? Anyone? Shadows have a cooldown(s) that make them invincible for a short while, but even after that they are able to cloak and speed run out of trouble and re-appear to kill someone.

1.2 update came up with a solution for the jedi guardian "problem" in order to fix the class. Focus Defense.....really? A ability that costs 4 focus to activate, which ALSO cost 1 addition focus every time you are attacked to heal you for 3% of your total health? BAH HUMBUG i say. We are getting hit for 1k or more damage in D.O.T. every tick and...we are healed for 200 - 400 health each second that cost us 1 focus? OH COME ON!

All in all, my rambling and complaining has already been heard by the masses by countless unsatisfied customers. I never post anything on the forums. But after hearing all the horror stories and even experiencing these problem, i will post this in order for you to hear. That these are facts.

Guardian: Protector

Shadow: Assassin

Pretty easy concept. Do not get me wrong, i can go on and on about Bounty Hunters spamming tracer missiles and how imperial agents stack power/surge to get that 8k crit every hit. I do not want to overwhelm the many problems you already have.

This is a fun game. But to the true fans of "Starwars" like myself, who wanted to play a jedi knight, I understand how you folks feel. It is unrealistic that a imperial agent can 3 shot a jedi knight of same gear. I mean.....that is DEFINITELY not what happens in the movies.

I am a causal gamer and to all the casual gamers out there....stop wasting your money.

Frankly, I don't understand why some of you even bother to post at all.

The OP had issues with the game and stated them. End of.

He didn't insult anyone, he wasn't unreasonable or offensive, and appeared to be mature enough to refrain from returning to reply to the puerile taunts and negativity. Going to the trouble of posting merely to taunt and jibe without at least some form of constructed reasoning is pathetic.

To BioWare,

This is a fun game. But to the true fans of "Starwars" like myself, who wanted to play a jedi knight, I understand how you folks feel. It is unrealistic that a imperial agent can 3 shot a jedi knight of same gear. I mean.....that is DEFINITELY not what happens in the movies.

I am a causal gamer and to all the casual gamers out there....stop wasting your money.

So your mad because you can't be a God class ? LOL

God class? No. You misunderstand, when i said that we die from 3 hits, i mean we should not die from 3 hits. Maybe 6 or 7...have you even been the prey of a imperial assassin knocking you down and killing you before you have a chance to get up? My gesture there is NOT implying that jedi guardians should be a "God" class. Come on man. Why do i have to explain that to you? Just saying man.

You do not have to be "the funny guy" and try to troll the forum like the rest of the kiddies out there. Be literal and realist. If you wanna act like your mommy and daddy still pay for you bills than fine. Be whoever you want to be.

To BioWare,

When Blizzard comes out with "Diablo 3" this May, you will be losing a lot of subscribers. Blizzard is quite accurate with their game play and fans seem to be satisfied. Giving false information and nerfing the casual gamers who modd'ed their gear for their style of game play is not the way to keep your customers happy.

Understandably, we do know why you delayed the 1.2 Ranked Warzones but what i do not understand is the recent nerf of gear that many players feel that are unfair. I have tried the WZ's which is definitely to my disliking.

Personally, I play a focus jedi guardian and from what i can tell, i do a lot less damage than i used too. From what the community knows, is that the jedi guardian class is broken. We have a defensive cool down that mitigates 50% of melee damage BUT only a 25% to force attacks and ranged attacks. That is a load of BS! Most players play the ranged dps class, so i'm usually getting focused down by BH and Sorcerers. In pvp, jedi guardian tanks are completely underpowered vs the jedi shadows.

When i think "guardian" i think of a actual guardian, not some wannabe tank.

When i think "shadow" i think of a ninja-like assassin, not a tank that can cloak and run away from incoming damage.

Since when can a shadow be a better tank than a guardian? Anyone? Shadows have a cooldown(s) that make them invincible for a short while, but even after that they are able to cloak and speed run out of trouble and re-appear to kill someone.

1.2 update came up with a solution for the jedi guardian "problem" in order to fix the class. Focus Defense.....really? A ability that costs 4 focus to activate, which ALSO cost 1 addition focus every time you are attacked to heal you for 3% of your total health? BAH HUMBUG i say. We are getting hit for 1k or more damage in D.O.T. every tick and...we are healed for 200 - 400 health each second that cost us 1 focus? OH COME ON!

All in all, my rambling and complaining has already been heard by the masses by countless unsatisfied customers. I never post anything on the forums. But after hearing all the horror stories and even experiencing these problem, i will post this in order for you to hear. That these are facts.

Guardian: Protector

Shadow: Assassin

Pretty easy concept. Do not get me wrong, i can go on and on about Bounty Hunters spamming tracer missiles and how imperial agents stack power/surge to get that 8k crit every hit. I do not want to overwhelm the many problems you already have.

.....that is DEFINITELY not what happens in the movies.

And thats the movies if you think this game should follow the movies were the good guy always wins , youve FAILED.

As for the imbalace of the imperial agent, if thats the case a nerf isnt whats needed but an ehancement for you might be but, lets be real, if you DO get in melee range and start beating on this agent are you telling me you dont pown him??

Edited by CaineSoto

God class? No. You misunderstand, when i said that we die from 3 hits, i mean we should not die from 3 hits. Maybe 6 or 7...have you even been the prey of a imperial assassin knocking you down and killing you before you have a chance to get up? My gesture there is NOT implying that jedi guardians should be a "God" class. Come on man. Why do i have to explain that to you? Just saying man.

You do not have to be "the funny guy" and try to troll the forum like the rest of the kiddies out there. Be literal and realist. If you wanna act like your mommy and daddy still pay for you bills than fine. Be whoever you want to be.

And maybe he's your nemisis and you are not ment to take him down...???

.....that is DEFINITELY not what happens in the movies.

And thats the movies if you think this game should follow the movies were the good guy always wins , youve FAILED.

As for the imbalace of the imperial agent, if thats the case a nerf isnt whats needed but an ehancement for you might be needed. but lets be rea,l if you DO get in melee range and start beating on this agent are you telling me you dont pown him??

I agree that a game should not be "the good guys always win" but what i was trying to say is aren't jedi guardians supposed to be a little more beefy?

Well in the case of the imperial agent problem. Its true that if you get into melee range that they are pretty squishy. But any good imperial agent would just cc you and cloak away.

Not trying to be funny, I played SWG all the Jedi in that game wanted to be able to take on 20 non Jedi at once. ( thought it was starting up here)

However Jedi consular's worse ( at least on my server) I have had a few WZ on my Knight where i was the only one in the opps group that was not a Consular.

Well... I'm struggling to see what's great about this patch apart from the UI customisation.

As usual a patch involves 3 days of fiddling - first day pre release of part of the patch causing some users to need to re-download the whole game - second day patch - third day more downtime to fix problems caused by the patch. It's become the BW standard patching process.

Much of what was promised for 1.2 is now promised for 1.3. As far as I'm concerned legacy is fluff... there's so much that could and should be addressed in the game like major problems in some class quests still lingering on since beta. This idea of making fights tougher by nerfing healers and med packs rather than mechanics shows.... well no imagination.