The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

THIS IS THE EMAIL YOU RECEIVE

''You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.''

Edited by Alcarinn

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have 0 reading comprehension

they said lvl 50s are ONEONEONE of our MOST VALUED CUSTOMERS or loyal whatever.

they NEVER EVER CLAIMED THAT LVL 50s ARE THE ONLY VALUED LOYAL CUSTOMERS!

get your facts straight before jumping on the hate plane!

Speaking as someone who got the 30 free days, might i ask why you feel the need to berate those who didn't? does it make you feel better to rub our winfall in their noses and make the situation worse?

''You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.''

Now that makes sense and should have been what they said in their posting. It is saying "Hey we know you lvl50's didn't have enough content...come check this out".

That is much better. Thanks for posting what the email said.

Speaking as someone who got the 30 free days, might i ask why you feel the need to berate those who didn't? does it make you feel better to rub our winfall in their noses and make the situation worse?

I dont care about free 30 days, i got tons of cash... HOWEVER people are writing FALSE words.... they are saying that apperently BIOWARE CLAIMED that loyal customers are only lvl 50s and those people came to CONCLUSION that they are not(which is logical) but since they didnt read CORRECTLY that the word ''ONE'' of our most bla bla they are SPREADING LIES and hate for nothing and should get WARNED and posts removed for hate speech!

Two cents, but I think this game is only about a 30 day game any ways.

I know I'm very small voice here, but I'm not one for PvP'ing/FP/Raids, I'm a single player gaming person, not bothered with grouping. I know this is an MMOrpg, but I wanted to play a Star Wars game, so I'm playing this.

Levels 1 - 50 are great, the story is good, the different classes, great.

But for a player like me, once you hit 50, there's nothing to do! Dailies sure, but they grow old real quick. I was hoping more for crafting, but it's very limited. I see this game as KOTOR 3 with a chat box.

And, just to compare, I still play Oblivion. I paid £40 for that new and I have racked up well over 100 hours of game, but I still play it, there's still things to do.

SWTOR can be played and completed in 30 days. For lone players like me...and as I said, I'm a small voice.

I dont care about free 30 days, i got tons of cash... HOWEVER people are writing FALSE words.... they are saying that apperently BIOWARE CLAIMED that loyal customers are only lvl 50s and those people came to CONCLUSION that they are not(which is logical) but since they didnt read CORRECTLY that the word ''ONE'' of our most bla bla they are SPREADING LIES and hate for nothing and should get WARNED and posts removed for hate speech!

Wow......hate speech? Really? *slowly backs away*

Do you even know what HATE SPEECH is? Obviously NOT!

I never asked if you care about the 30 free days, i asked if it makes you feel better to rub their nose in our winfall. This is what you are doing by arguing with them. something which i would think you'd also not really care about (why should you?). We shouldn't be tearing each other apart because of this, we should be banding together and asking questions.

There are various reasons as already been stated. Family, Work, other obligations that create a time sink or something else leading to not getting to lvl50 yet. They don't have to give out more free months, but what a huge marketing error to alienate customers who have been paying all this time by saying because they don't have that lvl50 character then they are not a loyal customer. We are certainly loyal...and its that loyalty that will keep us here even after this small debacle. We are just saying "Hey Bioware....remember us?" lol

I have all those obligations, too. A level 50 character doesn't take that long.

I know I'm very small voice here, but I'm not one for PvP'ing/FP/Raids, I'm a single player gaming person, not bothered with grouping. I know this is an MMOrpg, but I wanted to play a Star Wars game, so I'm playing this.

But for a player like me, once you hit 50, there's nothing to do! Dailies sure, but they grow old real quick. I was hoping more for crafting, but it's very limited. I see this game as KOTOR 3 with a chat box.

And, just to compare, I still play Oblivion. I paid £40 for that new and I have racked up well over 100 hours of game, but I still play it, there's still things to do.

SWTOR can be played and completed in 30 days. For lone players like me...and as I said, I'm a small voice.

Actually Gee, your far more populas then you think!

Now I dont know about the 30 day bit, im a completionist so I tend to screw around in areas finishing them completely.

But the only time I group is when my buddy was online which was about 15 hours a week max

Rest of time I soloed and crafted and did story and blah blah blah

And while my server was dead dead dead, those on it were doing the exact same thing, soloing

I think most players figured out early this is a massively solo player RPG, not a MMO

But hey, that just might be the hate speach in me :)

i will keep posting this until you crybabies realise its ONE OF OUR MOST LOYAL AND ACTIVE!

try and read it from start now

i will keep posting this until you crybabies realise its ONE OF OUR MOST LOYAL AND ACTIVE!

No....you really don't have to do that. lol

Do you have 0 reading comprehension

they said lvl 50s are ONEONEONE of our MOST VALUED CUSTOMERS or loyal whatever.

they NEVER EVER CLAIMED THAT LVL 50s ARE THE ONLY VALUED LOYAL CUSTOMERS!

get your facts straight before jumping on the hate plane!

"As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, all active subscriber accounts with a Level 50 character as of April 12, 2012, 12:00 PM CDT, 5:00 PM GMT, will receive 30 days of game time** at no charge in appreciation for your support and loyalty."

I thought it clearly defined what "one of the most valued players" is, with the next part of the sentence. Meh.

A small voice for a small group, yes. However, I mostly am a solo-player as well (though I will randomly group on a whim, and really dig pvp). However, I gotta say I feel a lot more than 30 days out of this game. As far as your Oblivion comment, absolutely; I still play Morrowind as well, but by the time I catch up at least half the possible storylines (which, I love Bioware's writing staff, so I fully intend to do), the content will continuously change, more will be added, and BioWare (thus far) seems to greatly pay attention to its community. But like you, just two cents =)

To the original topic, free time is free time; I'm sure there was no intent to snub anyone, so just relax a little and take a deep breath, realizing this -corporation- just -gave away- money. Even if the audience was limited =) And I'm sure this 'donation' isn't tax deductable heh.

"As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, all active subscriber accounts with a Level 50 character as of April 12, 2012, 12:00 PM CDT, 5:00 PM GMT, will receive 30 days of game time** at no charge in appreciation for your support and loyalty."

I thought it clearly defined what "one of the most valued players" is, with the next part of the sentence. Meh.

yes but KEY WORD IS ONE.... it means others are valued aswell just as much but those didnt sit in fleet waiting for content like lvl 50s did.

You do understand that all you're doing is reiterating the point that no matter how long a player has been playing, no matter how many level 40+ characters they have, no matter how many hours they spent on the PTS, no matter how many friends they brought into the game, they are NOT "one of our most active and valued high level players" because they don't have a level 50.

The only people who got that email were those who have a level 50. so the first line of that email was directed ONLY to players with a level 50. Nobody who doesn't have a level 50 got one of those emails.

All you're doing is driving home the point that unless you have a level 50 character, you're NOT one of the "most active and valued high level players"

And you're being needlessly abrasive and not helping the conversation at all. Show atleast a modicum of empathy for them, please.

How to show empathy for those with reading comprehension failures?

what empathy... they were NOT PUNISHED AT ALL, they just feel that way... being punished would be if those with no lvl 50s would be CHARGED TWICE.

now THATS being PUNISHED... .getting a gift is getting a gift.... some get it some dont....

I got my 50 last week :) , Its the only game I have played since December.

I've been playing since January, and I got my first level 50 end of February. If I wouldn't have had to work and learn for exams I would've hit 50 a little earlier.