The penalties for losing are TOO severe

DropbearSW

credits from WARZONE are NOT a way to grind for your mission skills etc they are small compensation for not pveing... if you want to grind credits go pve

i find it fair

Why do you find it fair? The two areas are completely separate. At no point in time does it imply that you need to do either to do the other. In fact, pvp xp was nerfed at the beginning because it was faster than pve. When has it been said that pvp should not be self-sufficient?

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new PVP Medals system is completely broken.

I had 9 medals last match, and we lost, so i got 40 commendations...

If we had won, that would have been 100..

They punish the losing team too much, to an extent that there is NO point in hanging around if you know you're not going to win...

The winners get to gear up, leaving the losers behind, rinse, repeat.. Soon on ever server you're going to get one faction completely dominant in terms of gear..

The system is entirely broken.

You think it was bad with people leaving OPS < 1.2. It's going to be a lot worse now.

CORRECT THIS IMMEDIATELY, BIOWARE.

Considering the amount of "I get 4 medals then afk" and similar posts on this forum, I'd rather there was a decent reward for winning to discourage such behavour.

Sounds like an improvement to me.

Why do you find it fair? The two areas are completely separate. At no point in time does it imply that you need to do either to do the other. In fact, pvp xp was nerfed at the beginning because it was faster than pve. When has it been said that pvp should not be self-sufficient?

When has it been said that it should be self sufficient?

Edited by Jestunhi

Soldiers get paid for losing battles too. They need stuff for other stuff which helps them in battle.

Biochem is used mainly by pvpers. They need creds.

PvEing for creds - fair.

PvP as an additional creds - would be fair too if we were awarded as losers too

Edited by MelodicSixNine

in pvp there is 0 repair cost so all your credits are purely for 1 medpacks 2. your enjoyment

so you can pile them up all day long and youll have over 20k a day unless youre a bad pvper

Did anyone happen to mention you need somewhere between 3000 to 9000 WZ coms to get the new pvp gear depending on the piece. not counting the ones you needed for the BM gear.

i don't care who you are. Thats a lot of pvp for one piece for a system that just went from handing pieces out at a decent rate with a little luck involved.

in pvp there is 0 repair cost so all your credits are purely for 1 medpacks 2. your enjoyment

so you can pile them up all day long and youll have over 20k a day unless youre a bad pvper

Ok, so, you are never to craft or buy equipment, trade with players or have to do anything else other than heal yourself, gotcha. That's kinda mean and I apologize but really it wasn't thought out on your part.

Did anyone happen to mention you need somewhere between 3000 to 9000 WZ coms to get the new pvp gear depending on the piece. not counting the ones you needed for the BM gear.

i don't care who you are. Thats a lot of pvp for one piece for a system that just went from handing pieces out at a decent rate with a little luck involved.

its good people need to earn it and learn to play teamwork else they shouldnt deserve it

EARN THE GLADIATOR TITLE!

credits from WARZONE are NOT a way to grind for your mission skills etc they are small compensation for not pveing... if you want to grind credits go pve

i find it fair

I never said it was. Address what I actually was talking about. Otherwise, enjoy Georg's hacker and wannabe professional paradise.

its good people need to earn it and learn to play teamwork else they shouldnt deserve it

EARN THE GLADIATOR TITLE!

I have the war hero title. going from costing a couple of comidations that you can collect from heavy pvping and trading in for bags/doing weeklies to having to do over 90 matches (winning everyone mind you) for your weapon? that is a HUGE swing in the opposite direction.

to put this in perspective that is 270000 Valor assuming you only get 3k valor a match. thats close to 1-3 valor ranks per piece of gear you get. by the time you get all the gear you need/want you will be to rank 80+ that is a lot of pvp even with the boosts to the valor you can get.

Edited by Blarginflarg

I have the war hero title. going from costing a couple of comidations that you can collect from heavy pvping and trading in for bags/doing weeklies to having to do over 90 matches (winning everyone mind you) for your weapon? that is a HUGE swing in the opposite direction.

to put this in perspective that is 270000 Valor assuming you only get 3k valor a match. thats close to 1-3 valor ranks per piece of gear you get. by the time you get all the gear you need/want you will be to rank 80+ that is a lot of pvp even with the boosts to the valor you can get.

thats good... peole cry they dont have anything to do at 50 now you have something to do pvp for 5 months

new content will be out by then

thats good... peole cry they dont have anything to do at 50 now you have something to do pvp for 5 months

Of course, that only applies if you have somehow managed to stay subscribed in that time, and given the free month, Bioware only has to keep you subscribed for four months! :eek:

As there is almost no content, make sure to have the few content abominably time consuming and even frustrating...

You must be sarcastic.

I disagree. I think the rewards are quite adequete for losers.

If I can still get about 50 comms from a loss thats fine by me.

Depending upon if you manage to gather 3 medals. This is what is wrong with this system. Too much focus on how to get medals in losing side instead of focusing on win.

If you don't make 3 medals you get 15 to 20 comms and chances are if you are focusing on accumulating medals you are screwing your losing team even further.

If you don't make 3 medals you get 15 to 20 comms and chances are if you are focusing on accumulating medals you are screwing your losing team even further.

If you don't get 3 medals, you get 0, ZERO comms.

The ~20 comms matches I had probably were 3-4 medals ones.

Depending upon if you manage to gather 3 medals. This is what is wrong with this system. Too much focus on how to get medals in losing side instead of focusing on win.

HOW CAN YOU GET 0 MEDALS ***

you get

1 medal for 1k def points

1 medal for 3k def points

1 medal for killing blow

1 medal for 10 kills

1 medal for 25 kills

1 medal for planting bomb

1 medal for scoring huttball

1 medal for killing huttball carrier

those are THE EASIEST medals especially first 4 medals

if you cannot accumolate 4 medals DURING FULL WZ you deserve 0 if you join wz at 1 min till end mark you dont need reward anyway cos you play for 1 min only thats 0 effort

I'm a Commando Medic, just pugged the Civil War WZ.

We were destroyed, I healed for 193k and got 2 medals. My rewards were exactly zero.

I hardly come to these forums because of the QQ but to get exactly nothing for 15 minutes PvP is bullsh**.

Edited by Ksaweri

As there is almost no content, make sure to have the few content abominably time consuming and even frustrating...

You must be sarcastic.

But noone forces you to go for this content its for people who want something to progress after 5 months you want everything in 1 week so buy your greens off gtn and orange critted gear

I'm a Commando Medic, just pugged the Civil War WZ.

We were destroyed, I healed for 193k and got 2 medals. My rewards were exactly zero.

I hardly come to these forums because of the QQ but to get exactly nothing for 15 minutes PvP is bullsh**.

if you would heal and stand at obejctive point youd have 4-5 medals however how did you only get 2 is beyond me in 15 min dont you get kills from those that you heal

so if those you heal didnt manage 10 kills you dont deserve anything anyway

you get

1 medal for killing blow

1 medal for 10 kills

1 medal for 25 kills

if you cannot accumolate 4 medals DURING FULL WZ you deserve 0 if you join wz at 1 min till end mark you dont need reward anyway cos you play for 1 min only thats 0 effort

You get less than 3 medals by coming in late, or never being guarded, or assisted and getting focus fired right from the start, the match ending early, and also not getting kills even though you have healed people that have killed during a match...

You get less than 3 medals by coming in late, or never being guarded, or assisted and getting focus fired right from the start, the match ending early, and also not getting kills even though you have healed people that have killed during a match...

he said he played 15 min of pvp and got 2 medals clearly he did something terribly wrong

i played 7 matches now and got 43 medals and 4 wins

so average 6 medals a match

Edited by Alcarinn

Losing hurts badly now.... if you get on a streak and get in some good games you can wrack up comms and valor pretty comfortably, but if you start losing... Holy Hell you just wanna log off and quit.

Had my first 5v8 Hutball match tonight, managed to get 2 medals, 2.5k heal and 75k heals.... 0-0-0 for my efforts, f that.

I am all for the winner getting a bonus, but you dont need to completely demoralize people for losing, that will lead to people saying the hell with it which will lead to longer ques, and overall less fun.

you get

1 medal for killing blow

1 medal for 10 kills

1 medal for 25 kills

Sometimes people get only one medal or two that is cutting close. You make it sound as if people just either stand hugging the turrets for defense points or get 25 kills so easily when matched with premades who completely out gear you.

Hutball is even worse where the only classes excel are sins, sorcs, sages etc. Good luck on

killing those and scoring hutballs if you are not one of those classes.

Like i said earlier remove this medal requirements so people focus on fighting / winning and not on how to accumulate medals.

Edited by Gorrdan