[PETITION] Remove 3 Medal Requirement For PVP Rewards

itsmymillertime

I healed my ever lovin *ss off all day in WZ's and had many where I got nothing...if Bioware ever wanted to demoralize a person more - nerf your sage then give no medals for fighting and healing your heart out...nice.

What has been really fun is now nightmarish - Bioware I was a big advocate for this game but frankly this change is realllllllly bad and a terrible move.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a set of recruit, got facerolled 2 of 2 games and got 4 medals each game - immortal jugg.

Healers might be screwed trying to get enough medals, i can't say.

Same thing here. I am not good at PVP and I still get plenty of medals.

I healed my ever lovin *ss off all day in WZ's and had many where I got nothing...if Bioware ever wanted to demoralize a person more - nerf your sage then give no medals for fighting and healing your heart out...nice.

What has been really fun is now nightmarish - Bioware I was a big advocate for this game but frankly this change is realllllllly bad and a terrible move.

Healers seem to be getting hit hard lately. Don't fret. I'm sure things will balance out.

I approve only because the baddies will quit. If you can't manage to get lol 3 medals then you should not be in a wargames.. I get 3 medals in an opener...1 on 1 medal / 2.5 k hit medal / killing blow medal...Zzzzzzzzzzz in the first 40 seconds of a game.

It isn't enough for you people that you get guaranteed Battlemaster gear for just getting warzone comms? Quit complaining, if you can't get 3 medals... I say just wait for next patch, cause you'll probably just get almost free War Hero gear...

Stop catering to casuals Bioware.

Hmm

it is not a question of being casual, or of being bad. If you are unfortunate to play on low population server / side where you rarely start with a full team, it is hard to get your 3 medals. From looking at your avatar, it would appear you are sith, hence you have no idea of the problems it is causing to those that did not follow the crowd to sith side...

From the looks of replies:

people who have full battlemaster gear = 4+ medals

people who have no battlemaster gear = 0 medals

the expertise difference between champion and battlemaster is SO HUGE now that it makes pvp unbalanced. I understand you can get full battlemaster in less than 2 weeks but getting facerolled after being able to hold your own the day before is too drastic.

3 medals gets you the MINIMUM amount of comms. 20 or so if you're lucky. The whole point is, everyone should get THE SAME. Better gear unbalances the playing field. If you're getting your butts kicked constantly like republic is on most servers (because we're more casual), what is needed is not BETTER GEAR FOR THE DOMINATING TEAM FIRST. If BW expects us to keep playing and having fun while we get rolled by premades, THEY WILL give equal rewards for losing WZ's as long as you stay to the end (doesn't have to be exactly the same, give the winners 10 extra comms).

For those that would argue: "Then there'd be no incentive to win!" I answer: The daily of needing 3 wins is the incentive to win. I didn't (usually) have problems getting my 3 wins with the previous system, in the 10 daily wz's I would do. However, I was getting the same amount of comms more or less when losing so it was tolerable (barely) to lose 5 or 7 games in a row. Now, I'm ready to rage unsub just at the idea of this nonsense.

/signed

1. You need more than 3 medals in a match to get any comms/valor

2. Trying your best in a match you get face rolled in yields no medals

So if I see a well geared premade, I am leaving the warzone because I know I will not get enough medals to get any rewards, so I will gladly take a 15 minute time out.

If you are a tank, guard someone and throw taunts= 3 medals in 2 seconds... if you are a healer, take armor off, put it back on, 5k heal yourself= 2 medals...

if you are dps, target a single person, pop everything, 2.5k damage, and kill= two medals

All of these things should happen fairly quickly if you are playing well. I have been getting 11 medals without even trying.

/signed

And only because this medal system punishes players who get into the end of a battle. Losing teams are getting less commendations in 1.2 and thus there will be more deserters which increases the likely hood of you and I getting put into the end of a losing battle.

rocket science .. to be sure.

It isn't enough for you people that you get guaranteed Battlemaster gear for just getting warzone comms? Quit complaining, if you can't get 3 medals... I say just wait for next patch, cause you'll probably just get almost free War Hero gear...

Stop catering to casuals Bioware.

If an mmo didn't cater to casuals it wouldn't have enough of a fan base to keep it alive.

I lost a huttball match 5-0... got 14 medals.

If you lose so utterly badly that you can't even get 3 medals when there are 1,3,5k medals for attack and defense and you get 500 points each for throwing the huttball, interrupting a cap, killing the ball carrier, scoring etc then you deserve nothing cause you were beaten so senseless you need to get better.

Yes, yes, not rewarding and keeping these people with no gear at all is the answer. They should be punished for being casual's not rewarded. KICK THEM WHILE THEY ARE DOWN!!!

Oh wait, they will just leave the game then wont they?

I don't understand why they have taken away the rewards for losing, it encourages people to leave a losing match, I mean why stay for no rewards? PVP should be PLAYER v PLAYER not gear v gear.

To all those complaining about how easy it is to get BM gear and War Hero gear, it should be easy, it should be free! I don't want to beat someone because I out geared them, I want to beat them because I out played them, and vice versa. PVP is about fun not gear. Everyone who thinks it should be about gear is a "bad" as you wow boys put it.

/signed

*edit*

Okay this system is managable if you drop the credits on the recruit gear. I still think it needs tweeked and it needs to give a Badge for Badge return reward ration, so if you get 1 Badge you get minimum rewards. A new 50 going in that doesn't understand this system or didn't have the credits to buy the recruit gear would get very very frustrated and may quit over it.

So I with draw my unsubbing, My BM main has no Issue getting 7+ medals now, and my fresh 50 can now pull 4+ even in a steam rolled game.

They really made the recruit gear mandatory.

Edited by WarSiren

I don't get it?On voidstar I get 3 medals nearly as soon as I step out,2.5k damage,defender medal,2.5 heal.And then there is the Solo kills,Quick draw?,75k Damage,75k healing,more defender/attacker medals.And I lost most of those games by so much the other team got Dauntless so many times..

If you are a tank, guard someone and throw taunts= 3 medals in 2 seconds... if you are a healer, take armor off, put it back on, 5k heal yourself= 2 medals...

if you are dps, target a single person, pop everything, 2.5k damage, and kill= two medals

All of these things should happen fairly quickly if you are playing well. I have been getting 11 medals without even trying.

It's not that easy, being a fresh 50, you get focus fired fast because you are an easy kill, I just did 3 games in a row where I did everything you mentioned but they all stopped turned and killed me as soon as I arrived.

*edit*

I found that getting recruit gear on a fresh 50 is the difference between night and day the only thing that sucks is they force you to PvE to get credits to pay for it, which IMO is wrong. But once you get the recruit gear on a fresh toon getting at least 4 medals even in a steam rolled game is possible.

Edited by WarSiren

I don't get it?On voidstar I get 3 medals nearly as soon as I step out,2.5k damage,defender medal,2.5 heal.And then there is the Solo kills,Quick draw?,75k Damage,75k healing,more defender/attacker medals.And I lost most of those games by so much the other team got Dauntless so many times..

This doesn't screw over decently geared 50's it screws over fresh 50's and bad.

*edit*

It s screws over broke fresh 50's recruit gear was the difference between night and day on my fresh 50 toon.

Edited by WarSiren

This doesn't screw over decently geared 50's it screws over fresh 50's and bad.

Good I hate when I see 4 or 5 people with 12k health on my team,they should run HMs and ops to get good PVE gear so they can actually put up a fight in pvp..

There are so many medals now that I so much as sneeze and get 5 medals. I'm sorry but if you can't get 3 medals even in a steam roll then you are sitting afk. I came into a late game this morning and get 3 medals in one fight and ended the match with 7 medals.

Edit:

Those saying it screws over fresh 50's...Go buy your damn recruit gear that gives you almost 900 expertise... I have all champ minus my off hand(main hand is BM) and have 656 expertise. My buddy bought his entire recruit set for his vanguard and was sitting at 896 expertise for a measly 300k...I don't want to hear the fresh 50 excuse anymore.

Edited by Raansu