1.2 Carnage Spec + ravage.... holy !@#$?

Pondarro

You've also got Smash, Rupture, Vicious Throw, Crippling Slash, Deadly Throw, Sweeping Slash. Each of these still cost rage, and if none of these are used ever, something's wrong(or you're killing too fast for them to be of use, in which case, I agree that Stagger might be a better skill to max out).

And wouldn't you want to use Gore/Massacre/Ravage/Scream as a new rotation? Or Gore/Ravage/Scream?

I don't use smash in carnage unless I'm trying to stop multiple people from planting on the door. Sweeping slash? In pvp? The best thing about it was when it cost 1 rage and gave you 4 fury, now that it's gone, it doesn't do a whole lot, and as Carnage you should be focused completely on 1 target, not worried about multiples (unless defending objective like above). Crippling slash isn't needed at all. You have multiple roots, the best being deadly throw, along with ravage and force charge. With predation constantly being popped, there are few times I find myself being kited at all. Maybe rupture, but honestly I just focus on using Massacre/Gore/Scream and using massacre as a filler inbetween waiting for FS to get off CD. Our interrupts no longer cost Rage which is HUGE for us now, and we still have force choke for Rage generation, even tho it's a 1 min CD. The only spec I use Vicious Slash on regularly is for Rage, and only when I pop berserk because it costs no rage/can spec to generate rage/hits 2 targets. VS is beast on Rage now.

Gore/Massacre/Ravage/Scream is going to be extremely difficult to pull off b/c people are freaking stun/cc/kb happy in this game. You'd be hard-pressed and need lady luck to pull this combo off on a constant basis. As far as Gore/Ravage/Scream, it would be fine if you were assured an Ataru proc for your crit scream, but that isn't always the case without using massacre. That's why I would rather do Massacre/Gore/Scream to ensure that I get my Ataru Proc and have full 100% armor penetration for my Crit Scream. Then if ravage is off CD, you still have time to get that in before your Gore wears off, giving you easily some of the best burst DPS in the game.

Sweeping slash? In pvp?

I don't know if you noticed, but Sweeping Slash is now spammable when you pop Berserk as an alternative to Massacre.

I admit I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet but I took the talent increasing its damage because in certain situations it may be very useful (3 - 4 enemies around door in voidstar with orbital strike/lightning storm already on them then you come along spamming buffed Sweeping Strike too?).

I don't know if you noticed, but Sweeping Slash is now spammable when you pop Berserk as an alternative to Massacre.

I admit I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet but I took the talent increasing its damage because in certain situations it may be very useful (3 - 4 enemies around door in voidstar with orbital strike/lightning storm already on them then you come along spamming buffed Sweeping Strike too?).

Talenting your character around one specific situation that only occurs in a specific WZ on only certain situations isn't really what I go for but to each his own. A 20% increase in damage on an attack that really never hit that hard just seems like a waste of talent points in my humble opinion.

Talenting your character around one specific situation that only occurs in a specific WZ on only certain situations isn't really what I go for but to each his own. A 20% increase in damage on an attack that really never hit that hard just seems like a waste of talent points in my humble opinion.

You may be absolutely right, but that has yet to be seen from experience.

BW were clearly thinking of something when they made SS spammable with berserk so I thought I'd try it out.

'Talenting my character around one specific situation' is a bit of an exaggeration! It's only 2 points I wouldn't have spent otherwise. If I don't use it I'll respec them.

You still have an extra point to place somewhere.

Because that last point is personal preference. Based on your gear, would you rather have 1% more accuracy or 50% more chance to get 1 rage per Cloak of Pain? I picked 100% rage builder as I'm still at 106% accuracy.

Because that last point is personal preference. Based on your gear, would you rather have 1% more accuracy or 50% more chance to get 1 rage per Cloak of Pain? I picked 100% rage builder as I'm still at 106% accuracy.

2nd point in cloak of carnage isnt worth nearly as much as the first

even if you are high on accuracy taking 3/3 in narrow hatred allows you to swap out even more accuracy from your mods

at least, thats the way i look at it

But 2/3 narrowed hatred?

You can optionally go 2/2 Stagger. Not a big deal either way IMO -- those two points are filler. With this method, however, you can drop some ACC. The value of doing so depends on the new formulas and itemization. On the flip side, a longer root is pretty entertaining.

Sidenote: I currently have 102% ACC (+12%) in Ataru stance with 0/3 Narrowed Hatred. My target is 100% (+10%) and I don't mind up to 105% (+15%) ACC.

You still have an extra point to place somewhere.

KEEN OBSERVATION.

• 1 month later...
carnage is fun to play and all, but it just isnt on the same lvl as anni imo if you want to survive longer which allow you to do more damage. Also fighting a anni/watchman mara or sent as carnage its already gg for you unless they are brain dead.

Carnage Spec

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::f13ef4e6fef2e9f6ef2e2f8

I haven't tried it out yet, but it should work quite fine. Some explaination of my choosing.

1. I put 2 points in Payback (Rage tree), for increased survivability.

2. Ataru Mastery (Carnage tree) must be a joke. 30% extra damage on procc. Shouldn't give more than 400 dmg in total. Waste of points imo.

3. Displacement (Carnage tree). I use this as a finisher, not as a stun. Waste of points imo. There might be situations where it would be of help but nah.

4. Narrowed Hatred (Carnage tree). Not really useful, but it gives me the oppurtunity to change a mod to surge instead of accuracy.

Comments?

possibly one of the worst specs i've ever seen.

Been Annhi Marau before and after 1.2, then switched it up to Carnage. Change my secondary stats from Crit to Power, and my ravage can hit around 10k-12k post gore, Force scream is around 3.5k-4.5k. People think it's easy to use Carnage, heck no. Your rotation depends on the situation.