Why does Guild bank cost 600k just for access ???

schufirefly

Why would you put a price on Guild access..some of us are casual players whom are only online with rl friends maybe 5 or 6 of us.. that alienates us to the bigger guilds..whom can drop the 600k to have access.. thats just horrid i can understand prices on legacy and the rest but for basic guild bank access that stupid..

A single player can raise that much in 3 days of doing Belsavis and Ilum dailies. You have 5-6 casual players getting on once a week you can buy this in one night for less than 50% of your take if all of you actually care to contribute.

A single player can raise that much in 3 days of doing Belsavis and Ilum dailies. You have 5-6 casual players getting on once a week you can buy this in one night for less than 50% of your take if all of you actually care to contribute.

Yup... what Rakashan said... do your dang dailies like the rest of us

Edited by JefferyClark

My current guild is in the process of purchasing it, in a few hours, between myself and my gm, we made nearly enough to get it. Those complaining about the price are simply too lazy to go out and make the creds to buy it. Contrary to what WoW has shown the MMO base, not everything should be free. Things, especially conveniences like GB access, should be EARNED.

Things weren't free in WoW in the beginning, nor were they easy. They just started making everything faster and easier once real competition started building to hold onto their enormous player base.

The 1st tab should be free. I have no problem with the other tabs being expensive, but the first one should be free for all guilds. A guild bank is pretty much a necessity now a days.

I agree 100%, especially as how guilds were touted before launch and there's really not too much benefit to being in a guild now except for an extra global chat channel. I mean, we can't even add or rename member ranks!

Meh. I feel the pain of those complaining since I'm married and work a 50-60 hour week. After working on wife faction and keeping the house livable I don't want to log in and have a full-time job grinding in SW:TOR (which is why I hate the umpteen dailies to unlock content mechanic that Blizzard is moving towards). On the other hand, doing enough dailies to get kinda minimal HM gear for yourself and one companion (which is even more mandatory in a small guild) is going to result in getting enough cash for a handful of important things.

As such, it is kind of ironic, but the smaller guilds with fewer people are going to be the ones most likely to need to run the Belsavis and Ilum dailies more often to get the gear needed to get groups who are HM-capable which makes the system kinda self-correcting.

Guild banks should never cost a single penny to have. Extra slots should. That's how simple it is.

To all who say it's simple and easy to get 600k in a short time. You forget that not every players has no life, has played since launch, and maybe are more casual than yourself.

The price tag hurts the new players the most. Big feature coming in for guilds, new prospective players form a guild and get ready to have this big feature to help share the plunders between guildies, only to find that now they have to come up with 600k to get it.

Not everyone can make that kind of dough in the early levels. Last time I checked, Belsavis was a 40+ zone =P.

Am I one of those players? Nope. Does that mean they don't exist? Nope. I know plenty of players who are very casual and have no hope what so ever of getting a guild bank any time soon.

It's just a shame they (the devs) decided to put in a feature that is really wanted, and needed, only to alienate the new and casual players.

Because it's a credit sink just like everything else in this game.

It's a good credit sink... For a bunch of lvl 50s. But for a small guild with low level characters, 600K is almost impossible, and may set them back quite a bit (training is expensive!).

And low level guilds could definitely use the tab to put gear someone else may be able to use, or crafting mats, etc.

1st tab should be free. Not everyone is 50 and can get lots of money easily, and new people may come into the game in the future as well.

@Jatobi

You're not the only person or others that have long work weeks Mr. Welfare. A small 5-6 person guild can knock this out in a day or two, enough with the whining not everything is free.

Edited by Riho

I agree 100%, especially as how guilds were touted before launch and there's really not too much benefit to being in a guild now except for an extra global chat channel. I mean, we can't even add or rename member ranks!

Actually you can add member ranks and rename them. Open the guild menu and look around, it's not hard to figure out. I renamed all my guilds ranks and added in two ranks.

Actually, for reference - You CAN rename ranks and completely customize your guild ranks. I know this because I've done it with my guild. Go into the details section of the menu and look around.

I'm definitely with you about the cost of the guild bank... I can see having A cost... but 600K that's effing nuts.

Why would you put a price on Guild access..some of us are casual players whom are only online with rl friends maybe 5 or 6 of us.. that alienates us to the bigger guilds..whom can drop the 600k to have access.. thats just horrid i can understand prices on legacy and the rest but for basic guild bank access that stupid..

casual tears are yummy

The no life comments. It saddens me that this is the goto insult for those lacking the drive or the ability to pull off such a simple task. Just because some of us are capable of earning large amounts of money doesn't mean we have no life. We believe in QUALITY over QUANTITY. In other words, our playtime is spent in an efficient manner, E.G. actually out doing things that help us earn money rather than sitting on the fleet complaining about nuances or begging for money. I myself usually play no more than 3 hours a day and have no problem earning. As for having no life, I have a fiance and a son that would gladly disagree with that statement. Laziness and "passing the buck" is a complete blow and thats all I'm seeing here. So rather than complain about it costing, go earn it. Not like theres much else to spend your credits on anyway, at least not yet.

The guild i'm in is made up of about 5-6 people who play on and off during the week, most aren't even level 40 yet. 600k just to have a guild back AND you have to have 12 people in your guild. Thats a big harsh isn't it? Even without the 600K, we can't do it anyway because we don't have 12 people in the guild, even with alts its only about 8. I suppose we could all make a bunch of alts to put into the guild but that sort of makes the whole thing kinda silly, doesn't?

Whats the point of putting a limit on the amount of people in your guild? What, my small 6-man guild isn't GOOD enough for you to give me a bank account? Totally ridiculous

Edited by Neopopulas

The guild i'm in is made up of about 5-6 people who play on and off during the week, most aren't even level 40 yet. 600k just to have a guild back AND you have to have 12 people in your guild. Thats a big harsh isn't it? Even without the 600K, we can't do it anyway because we don't have 12 people in the guild, even with alts its only about 8. I suppose we could all make a bunch of alts to put into the guild but that sort of makes the whole thing kinda silly, doesn't?

Whats the point of putting a limit on the amount of people in your guild? What, my small 6-man guild isn't GOOD enough for you to give me a bank account? Totally ridiculous

No... not really.... Why even belong to a guild that only has 6 members, why not have alll six team up with another guild?

Guild banks are a luxury, and Guilds tend to have multiple players in them meaning they can afford to buy one.

Why not make it the same as it takes to make a guild. Why does it have to be 12, and not 6? Is it purely so you can't just use a bunch of alts from one person and thus get the bank? I just don't get why its 12 instead of six, me and my friends can make a guild but not have a bank because we need more people so we either make more alts (making the whole thing moot) or we don't get one?

Just stupid.

• 1 year later...

The way this banking works is rather silly..

As a Night-Shift worker in a guild with only 4 accounts (+ alts) all which are family members

it makes it really hard to share between us..

Things would be so much simpler if I could goto the guild bank.. get out what my brother and nephew and father have collected while I was sleeping or working as we don't get a hell of alot of time to play together,

Do my crafting to upskill / makes upgrades for family.. and then place them back into the shared bank so that they can grab them as they need them..

As it stands atm.. I have to decide between opening another character bank tab to store all these Artificer items or save for a guild bank..

Our mains are still on their 1st time through the game with myself being the highest lvl at 37,

I have managed to save just over 100k, but I've had to sacrifice my ability to upgrade family members by not sending my companion's out on missions for the much needed blue rarity gems,

I read in earlier posts that its all about dailies.. does that mean that guild banks for small families are only end game content..

A little more thought from the dev's into this subject would be nice,

Even with the talk of guild perk's being added in 2.1, were not looking to go running out to join a large guild to get the perks faster..

Were a family group of 4 that quest's with the family,

craft's for the family

and share's with the family..

But why make the latter so damn difficult,