Anything positive about 1.2?

Pistols

Ok so, I'm like at work, and haven't played this patch yet.

Any "short to the point" positives in this patch?

I'm a sad panda reading these threads, then again like most would agree, it's become the "norm" to have overall crappy PvP updates. So with that, anyone able to give some positive kudos about 1.2?

Thanks

**Edit: Postive in regards to the PvP gameplay, do not care about PvE or lolRP.

Edited by Pistols

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PvE has had some great changes....wait, this is the PvP forum..

Nevermind.

Oh wait...if you play a Sentinel/Marauder, GS/Sniper, or an Assassin/Shadow...you're gonna die of giggles when you get on tonight. Everyone else just became farm. May as well be driving a Wheat Thresher.

being able to disable that god awful mission tracker, that thing annoyed me so much.

and being able to abandon those old quests that you couldn't abandon previously.

there's no more delay when activating your inventory/character profile, it's now immediate.

custom ui.

mortar volley for commandos is now really fast.

family tree is kinda cool.

as is legacy.

being able to send mail between factions.

stackable companion gifts.

that's what i've enjoyed so far, beyond all the negatives.

Edited by teambff

Novare Coast is basically CW with better scenery. Which I admit makes it kinda cool because the terrain isn't flat so the fighting takes on a more realistic feel. I kinda like it. IMO they could get rid of CW keep Novare and add another map.

On the bright side they added medals. I got 13 earlier. However if you lose they don't matter, and nothing above 3 matters anyway. So it's all window dressing.

If you are a fresh 50 the Recruit gear is actually pretty decent.

Mortar Volley is on steroids now. You fire more volleys, but the damage for each one is reduced, so I think it balances out.

Edited by Cheeseblaster

Any comments in regards to the custom UI changes?

Good, bad or indifferent?

You're a vanguard so you're gonna notice no more giggles. They took out the audio proc notifier. So now you have to monitor your buffs. Unfortunately the size of your buffs is tied to the size of your portrait.

Soo...enjoy staring at your giant portrait trying to monitor your proc...Oh...you're a tank. Oh man...get some beer before you head home, put your dog somewhere safe...cuz after the beating you're gonna take...some beer would be good and at least you won't kick your dog to death..

Healers are killable, but are sort of useless without a guard.

New warzones pretty fun.

Marauders got a little boost

____

If you take the PvP forums at face value, then you should learn not too.

Healers have always been killable, and pretty sure not worthless without guard.

I guess I won't take your post post at face value lol.

Next?

I like everything about the Novare Coast warzone. It's a great concept.

Other than that, no. Everything that could have made this patch the saving grace of SWTOR was pushed back to 1.3. Rated warzones/8-man premades being taken out at the last minute to bait people into re-subbing right before patch release was incredibly amoral and shady.

The Legacy system is a complete joke, not to mention anything desirable at all is over-priced. I assume to increase ways of deleting currency since pre-1.2 there was nothing to spend credits on which lead to hoarding cash, which in turn lead to skyrocketing GTN prices.

Warzones are not worth playing if you get a crap team because you will spend 15 minutes of your life fighting for 48 commendations (16 ranked comms) even if you bring in 16 medals (ive got screenshots). When you look at prices on War Hero gear you will see 16 ranked comms is comical.. the cheapest piece is over 1k ranked comms, which is over 3000 warzone commendations.

But hey.. if you get naked and duel, you can use the nifty uppercuts and jabs that they added with legacy... They got that one spot on. Wish they had taken a little less time with the clown car crap and a little more time with ANYTHING at all that could save this game after D3 and Tera release.

As of now, this will be my last 3 weeks playing this game. I dont see them getting 1.3 ready in that time, and I am not confident in Bioware's ability to deliver anything of value at this point.

Edited by Oceanllama

You're a vanguard so you're gonna notice no more giggles. They took out the audio proc notifier. So now you have to monitor your buffs. Unfortunately the size of your buffs is tied to the size of your portrait.

Soo...enjoy staring at your giant portrait trying to monitor your proc...Oh...you're a tank. Oh man...get some beer before you head home, put your dog somewhere safe...cuz after the beating you're gonna take...some beer would be good and at least you won't kick your dog to death..

Obtain beer before playing, check! lol

Thanks mang.

I like everything about the Novare Coast warzone. It's a great concept.

Other than that, no. Everything that could have made this patch the saving grace of SWTOR was pushed back to 1.3. Rated warzones/8-man premades being taken out at the last minute to bait people into re-subbing right before patch release was incredibly amoral and shady.

The Legacy system is a complete joke, not to mention anything desirable at all is over-priced. I assume to increase ways of deleting currency since pre-1.2 there was nothing to spend credits on which lead to hoarding cash, which in turn lead to skyrocketing GTN prices.

Warzones are not worth playing if you get a crap team because you will spend 15 minutes of your life fighting for 48 commendations (16 ranked comms) even if you bring in 16 medals (ive got screenshots). When you look at prices on War Hero gear you will see 16 ranked comms is comical.. the cheapest piece is over 1k ranked comms, which is over 3000 warzone commendations.

But hey.. if you get naked and duel, you can use the nifty uppercuts and jabs that they added with legacy... They got that one spot on. Wish they had taken a little less time with the clown car crap and a little more time with ANYTHING at all that could save this game after D3 and Tera release.

As of now, this will be my last 3 weeks playing this game. I dont see them getting 1.3 ready in that time, and I am not confident in Bioware's ability to deliver anything of value at this point.

Thanks for the reply. And yeah, the bolded seems like a page taken from SOE.

/sigh

never trust what a bunch of pathetic people on forums that have nothing better to do than to complain. the update was great and those that complain are the same people that have been complaining the whole time and were most likely the same people that complained in WoW and every other game they ever played on.

in short try it out yourself. the changes are nothing bad at all. and a lot of the changes were great.

never trust what a bunch of pathetic people on forums that have nothing better to do than to complain. the update was great and those that complain are the same people that have been complaining the whole time and were most likely the same people that complained in WoW and every other game they ever played on.

in short try it out yourself. the changes are nothing bad at all. and a lot of the changes were great.

It seems many in the PvP community disagree with your assessment.

Edited by Pistols

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.