Favorite star wars movie?

keybladerx

The Empire Strikes Back

Battle of Hoth rocks.

Lando Calarissian rocks.

Boba Fett rocks.

We see just how awesome possum the Millinenium Falcon is, in the Asteroid Field.

Yoda shows us just how powerful he truly is, making Luke look like a noob.

Epic Beginner Luke vs Vadar lightsaber duel.

Devastating Revelation.

My favorite part of the movies is the whole beginning of ESB on Hoth.

My favorite movie as a whole though is ANH.

Though I tend to watch all three together and generally consider them to be one entity.

(I'll watch the prequels occasionally as well but not as much since the only one even close to as good as the trilogy is ROTS.)

I like Revenge of the Sith for the lightsaber fights, and Empire Strikes back for the bombshells, but I think that Return of the Jedi just takes the cake.

When Vader turns on the Emperor to save his son, and that beautiful brass section starts up.... gets me every time. You know you love SW when you catch yourself tearing up a little... lol

Edited by Zayse

Empire Strikes Back, of course. Only Star Wars movie with a decent script and the Calrissian Coolness Factor (CCF) pushed it over the top. It was the one that showed Leia kissing dudes, and we DID NOT know at the time that Luke was her brother. :p Edited by Captain_Zone

I like Revenge of the Sith for the lightsaber fights, and Empire Strikes back for the bombshells, but I think that Return of the Jedi just takes the cake.

When Vader turns on the Emperor to save his son, and that beautiful brass section starts up.... gets me every time. You know you love SW when you catch yourself tearing up a little... lol

Haha you're right!

Jeez, this is easy.

Empire Strikes Back, though I do understand why someone would say A New Hope having the honorable spot.

A great moment in Star Wars was with Luke hiding from Vader and not wishing to fight his father. He was trying so hard to turn him back to the Light Side, even in the very presence of the Emperor. Vader was also having his words in, but the part that touched Luke was Vader finally finding out that he had a sister, and if that he didn't turn, maybe she would.

Luke's response with all the rage was a defining moment of the movie and the fight. Vader was a powerful fighter, even if you wanted to include EU sources. But Luke's rage was easily overpowering Vader. But the key moment was Luke stopping at the last second, turning to the Emperor to tell him that he failed.

Luke: "You have failed, your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Emperor: (Long silence, looking pissed for the first time ever)... "So be it... Jedi."

Lightning ensues, destiny follows.

I degrade ROTJ for some problems, but it had many epic moments, something the prequels failed in.

Edited by LemmingLeader

Honestly, the only time I teared up for Star Wars was while reading Empire's End and the sacrifice of Empatojayos Brand as he handed baby Anakin to Leia before dying and trapping Palpatine's soul in the Force with him. Well done story by Tom Veitch and Jim Baikie. :)

My favourites are Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back, Phantom Menace was the first film I saw so it has a special place, but if I saw it today I probably would hate it. My favourite soundtrack is to Attack of the Clones though and it's also the one I watched the most out of the prequels.

The Empire Strikes Back

Battle of Hoth rocks.

Lando Calarissian rocks.

Boba Fett rocks.

We see just how awesome possum the Millinenium Falcon is, in the Asteroid Field.

Yoda shows us just how powerful he truly is, making Luke look like a noob.

Epic Beginner Luke vs Vadar lightsaber duel.

Devastating Revelation.

Have to agree here, all valid points. Empire owns, hands down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.