Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Emails should be completely sent by tomorrow.

Essentially, anyone who has game time left on their account, is able to login (ie, is not banned) and is not playing the game as part of a Friend's Trial will be eligible for the game time.

As long as you are not banned (and you're posting, so you're not) you should be fine.

Also anyone noticed this? From the wording it seems that all players get free gametime, not only 50s.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got the point... and in this case, we're not all PLAYING the same amount ;).

Between my characters I have a combined level of 165. I also do many more things in game then just leveling. I bet my /played time is just as high or higher as anyone with a level 50.

Between my characters I have a combined level of 165. I also do many more things in game then just leveling. I bet my /played time is just as high or higher as anyone with a level 50.

I don't even want to LOOK at what my /played is with all my characters. It might scare me. :o

You act as though people with 50's don't have alts too... and you said you had six characters with 165 total levels, that's... basically nothing, sorry to break it to you, in terms of playtime required to obtain.

I don't even want to LOOK at what my /played is with all my characters. It might scare me. :o

Same, especially since the game's only been out a short time.

Edited by Ancen

Too true. People complain about those who are loyal to the game getting a freebie because they aren't and get left out... heck these people complain about EVERYTHING, it's jaw-dropping.

So you're saying that people who played since the beginning, never canceled but they like alts, they are not loyal because they don't have a lvl 50 and someone who started a month ago but has a 50 is more loyal only because they leveled a char to 50.

what is jaw-dropping is your dumbness

I guess you have a lvl 50, right

Edited by skepticck

You act as though people with 50's don't have alts too...

And others act like people without 50's barely play the game.

Which is exactly what the issue is. Being level 50 is the worst possible way to judge someones loyalty and how valued they are.

You act as though people with 50's don't have alts too... and you said you had six characters with 165 total levels, that's... basically nothing, sorry to break it to you, in terms of playtime required to obtain.

Player who has 1 lvl 50 gets free month, player who has 100 lvl 49 characters gets ignored, because he is playing the game wrong!

If you don't have a level 50 by now you haven't been playing very often. I have 2 level 50s that took me 3 weeks each to get to 50 and 3-4 more alts to 30+. And dont say its because I dont have a life. I worked 40 hours a week monday through friday and have a 1 year old son I take care of too. I get about 2-3 hours monday through friday to play and if i am lucky i get 6-8 hours either saturday or sunday to play. Most likely you paid for 6 months in advance and stopped playing like everyone else and that is why you arent 50 yet.

Man I cant stand leveling my alts because you end up doing the same dang quests over and over again. It is so boring. The only reason I do is because of the thought of having that character level 50 would be awesome.

As long as we are making sweeping generalization based on one forum post, I say that if you work 40 hours a week and have a 1 year old son but still have 3 hours every weekday to play and 8 hours on the weekend, your house is probably a disaster and you aren't the one "taking care" of your son. :) I play as often as I can, between my job and my real life duties, which include helping out with a baby, which takes up enough time just helping that I don't have ANY time on the weekend to play. Also, I play on alts because I am interested in all the different stories, I craft and play with the market, and I play on the test server a great deal of time.

For those people who unsubbed today due to the patch problems, will they still receive the items mentioned since their accounts are still in good standing and have time left?

what difference would that make now? What good are these items to non-subscribers? Unless they never intended to leave and only unsubbed to be a raging a*****e customer.

Also anyone noticed this? From the wording it seems that all players get free gametime, not only 50s.

The quote taken by itself would lead you to believe that but this quote was clarifying that an account with a lvl 50 only have to have an active subscription with game time left and not have to have an active re-occurring subscription set.

You always had something to do, though. You always had fun.

Not everyone is like you. Maybe everyone should be like you? But not everyone is, and that's not necessarily their fault. Not everyone likes alting, not everyone likes crafting. Some people like to make one character, and stick with it. Some people like end-game operations, or end-game pvp, or playing the auction house/GTN. These people have not always had fun.

Even though they've not had fun, they're still here toughing it out.

That's what the reward's for. For toughing it out and gritting teeth through empty or difficult times. No-one's saying that your playstyle is less valuable, but by the same token, these people are not less valuable than you, either. And unlike you, they didn't have fun. They are having a freebie to recognise that they're still here despite not enjoying it.

The quote taken by itself would lead you to believe that but this quote was clarifying that an account with a lvl 50 only have to have an active subscription with game time left and not have to have an active re-occurring subscription set.

Yeah, however his mention of Friend Trial points to the idea that he might not be talking about 50s only.

Excuse me, I always tried to be optimistic to this point, but giving 1 free month at this point seriously looks like ''let's pad suscription numbers for the next investor call''.

I never gave serious thought to cancelling, but seeing this, I'm starting to wonder if the game is not in really dire straits.

This is a far worse move than Blizzard infamous ''get Diablo III with a 12 month sub''...

Edited by Angedechu

Excuse me, I always tried to be optimistic to this point, but giving 1 free month at this point seriously looks like ''let's pad suscription numbers for the next investor call''.

Way take something positive and spin it.

Edited by Nakazia

I am amazed by this actually, it still seams like a bad joke.

Hey let's disregard players who have been with us since pre order, early access, who are enjoying all the stories and play alts, and maybe are busy and can't and don't want to rush through content.

Lets tell them that they are clearly not as worthy as lets say a person who subscribed a month ago and have a level 50 character.

Lets tell them that if they have played various alts for example and brought most of them close to 50 that the joke's on them.

This is bull**** and everyone who is disappointed (i most certainly am) has every right to fell that way.

yea, this pretty much sums up what i think about this.

That's what the reward's for. For toughing it out and gritting teeth through empty or difficult times. No-one's saying that your playstyle is less valuable, but by the same token, these people are not less valuable than you, either. And unlike you, they didn't have fun. They are having a freebie to recognise that they're still here despite not enjoying it.

So, if we are all equally valuable as customers, and I think that as we are all paying the same we damn well should all be equally valuable as customers, then we should all get a free month, or none of us should.

The idea that BW is gifting a month to people who have so far not enjoyed what they have paid (the same as me) for is, frankly, laughable.

What you are saying is BW is rewarding people stupid enough to continue paying for something they don't enjoy.

All The Best

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.