Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

So what they have just told us is that if you are subscribed since early access till date and have characters who are level 48, 45, 39, 25, 28, 30, 19, 16 (for example) are less worthy than a player who has a single level 50 character and has been subscribed for a month lets say.

Nice work indeed.

BW just doesn't get it.

They promote story and "try multiple toons" but if someone did that and hasn't gotten a toon to level 50 they don't get a free month.

BW is a joke

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a warning and got my post removed for telling how I feel, and exposing my dissatisfaction with the product, and the ridiculous "loyality" prizes.

WAY TO GO EA/Bioware forum mods! You just made my decision easier. Its now obvious how important I am as a customer.

What is the point of this forum? Only to hear praises?

Good luck to everybody.

Yeah, me too.

5 days left on my sub, and LOTRO is looking a better game for free every minute.

All The Best

Wow. What a huge slap in the face to all the people who don't rush through and actually take the time to fully enjoy the game

My highest (out of 6 characters) is only level 43. I have played very nearly everyday since early access.

How does level even being to translate to dedication?

um.. i also nearly play everyday since early access. I leave no stone unturned. I do every quest, bonus, heroic, EVERYTHING! I take my time and even stop to help anyone who asks for a group. and i have two 50s

on another note:

I patched the update with no issues whatsoever.

<3 sw:tor i will never leave you <3

/sigh

Its like what SOE did on galaxies. They enticed people who had left to come back with a gift. They got this really cool looking BARC speeder for coming back to the game while people who played it continuously got nothing.

Although its not the same, it is similar.

I have been playing since beta invites, since the very beginning. I do not have a level 50. I will be honest though, I have found the game a bit lackluster and had taken a break and played maybe once a week for a month. Then my friend and I started up alts to ease the bore of being sith 24/7.

It worked, the game was fun again, just needed to mix it up a bit. And now I laugh because they value level 50's over anyone who has played since the beginning. I immediately bought a 6 month sub for this game. Guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore because of what SOE did a few times.

It should be like veteran rewards on SWG, not by what level you are. Yeah you can say I should leave, but if you want a deserted game then by all means tell everyone who has something to say to leave.

Yes, I see parallels here also.

This is an extremely generous gift! I've never seen a company--publisher or otherwise--go to such lengths to show appreciation for their customers. I'm very impressed, delighted, and excited.

Thank you, BioWare. This goes a long way!

This said, let's be honest : anyone who plans to keep playing is at 50 already, providing there was not ''incident'', such as rolling on a server that was dead in water in February, which lead them to delete in rage their newly christened 50 Sith Warrior.

Why you think this refer to me ?

Nice to know that I don't intend to keep playing. :p Maybe I can get a pro-rated refund on my 6-month payment plan?

Main at 43. Alts at 27, 23, and 21 plus a few toons abandoned in the teens. No "incidents"; just limited playing time. (1-2 hours weekdays, maybe 5 or 6 hours over the weekends.)

If I hadn't bothered to spend time messing around on PTS (and I did report several bugs while finishing Chapter 1 on a toon there), I might have been able to push my main to 50.

Oh well. 2 titles vs. 15 bucks. All the same, right?

Anyone who thinks this free month is out of the goodness of their hearts are dilusional, its basically to keep the next quarters numbers up so they can live in denial that they have yet another biofail mmo

Maybe all the people irritated that rated warzones didn't come out... wouldn't have wanted what they would have been given. It wasn't ready follks. We're sorry. Here's a free month. Watch what we do.

BTW, why the **** didn't Bioware mention that promotion last week or so. I would gain that blasted 3 lvls with my BH. Would the tell us of this promotion earlier, and some1 didnt make it to 50 till today, his loss, he had his chance, fair enough.

Seeing some binary thinking here. Either you took it easy, or you rushed and have a level 50. Getting to level 50 is just something that happens mid-way through act 3, assuming you've been going steadily. Simply sticking to a character is all it takes, and although SWTOR might have a lot of incentives for alts, I'm fairly sure playing characters through to the end of their story was something the devs wanted folk to do. Edited by smartalectwo

Seeing some binary thinking here. Either you're took it easy, or you rushed and have a level 50. Getting to level 50 is just something that happens mid-way through act 3, assuming you've been going steadily. Simply sticking to a character is all it takes, and although SWTOR might have a lot of incentives for alts, I'm fairly sure playing characters through to the end of their story was something the devs wanted folk to do.

Agreed. I too think they wanted you to finish a storyline before going on to the next. And to all those who paid for a 6-month sub before knowing what the game was like just astonishes me. It's like paying for a car before test driving it.

Nice to know that I don't intend to keep playing. :p Maybe I can get a pro-rated refund on my 6-month payment plan?

Main at 43. Alts at 27, 23, and 21 plus a few toons abandoned in the teens. No "incidents"; just limited playing time. (1-2 hours weekdays, maybe 5 or 6 hours over the weekends.)

If I hadn't bothered to spend time messing around on PTS (and I did report several bugs while finishing Chapter 1 on a toon there), I might have been able to push my main to 50.

ETA slight misread, shoulda given everything until the 21st really shouldnt they

Edited by paspinall

I'm excited for the 1.2, however disappointed that only lvl 50's get 30 days free. I played the game since the pre-launch at least a little everyday. However i am a college student and as a result havent played it long enough to become lvl 50, everyday i usually log in do one maybe two quest then log out. So again disappointing that only lvl 50's get 30 days free. I think it should be everyone who has had an active account since launch.

As a subscriber since launch, with no level 50s I appreciate you,bioware, taking the time to tell me what you think of me and others like me by giving level 50 players a free month.

Let me respond in a similar fashion by just saying **** you bioware.

No seriously.... **** you.

I'm happy that there giving out the free month but think it short sight to only give it to those who have reach 50. I have a 44 along with a character on test center and another on a pvp server. I’ve played beta, pre order, and been just as loyal of a customer as a person who’ve made it to 50. It should have been based on sub if anything so it wouldn’t estrange part of your player base.

This make it feels like the only people they care about are 50, which I think is a big mistake.

Seeing some binary thinking here. Either you took it easy, or you rushed and have a level 50. Getting to level 50 is just something that happens mid-way through act 3, assuming you've been going steadily. Simply sticking to a character is all it takes, and although SWTOR might have a lot of incentives for alts, I'm fairly sure playing characters through to the end of their story was something the devs wanted folk to do.

You know, its not their business what i do with the time i BOUGHT in this game. Hell i could even stay naked in the republic fleet and beg for donations. There shouldn't be better customer and worse customer, you pay the same amount? You are equal, iron rules of the free market.

Edited by Pawlas

Ya, bugs me as well.

I have been playing since launch. I did not rush to get a 50, but enjoyed the game, classes and story. My main is a 46 and I have a bunch of alts spread out.

yet, because I didnt hit 50, this doesn't apply to me? That bothers me. :(

Per my last post. I have cancelled two accounts now. I reserve my money and time for companies who value my business. I have defended BW quite a lot in my history. Here and elsewhere- over SWTOR. But this is it for me.

I made very clear in my 'reasons for cancellation' that because I choose to play the game differently, I am being penalized to a degree that BW/EA clearly does not value me as a customer. It's a shame. On the brightside, it's sunny out, spring is here, and maybe this is all for the best.

Last post. I know I'll get flamed for this, but don't look for me to rise to the bait and respond.

You're not being penalized; others are being rewarded. You ever take the time to wonder if the reason you're getting flamed, is because your point is just flat-out wrong? Clearly, you haven't.

So basically, because I chose to play a ton of alts and really experience all the stories slowly.. I miss out on a free 30-days of play, despite having pre-ordered and paying my monthly sub since (which not all 50s subscribed today have)? Not sure why I have to have a 50 to be considered a valued customer. And certainly not thrilled to pay for my sub next month while others get it free to reach level 50, now that I know my money isn't as good because I wanted to take my time.

Totally agree. I pre-ordered Deluxe Digital Edition, paid every month since launch but made 8 toons & took my time.

What a crappy way to treat loyal subscribers.

You do realise you still have until the 21st to finish that level 43 off, if you look at the announcement they are doing it in two lots...

Thats for the pet.

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

Note the bolded part

You know, its not their business what i do with the time i BOUGHT in this game. Hell i could even stay naked in the republic fleet and beg for donations. There shouldn't be better customer and worse customer, you pay the same amount? You are equal, iron rules of the free market.

That's the truth of it.

All The Best

As a subscriber since launch, with no level 50s I appreciate you,bioware, taking the time to tell me what you think of me and others like me by giving level 50 players a free month.

Let me respond in a similar fashion by just saying **** you bioware.

No seriously.... **** you.

Same here. I was also very active during beta and provided a lot of feedback to help improve the game. Kept paying my subscription fee even when I was barely playing because I was stuck on a low pop server. According to Bioware I am not a valued customer.