Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Okay... this is getting a little out of hand.

Fact: Bioware made a mistake by implying those that are Level 50 are their most valued players. (It is my hope they will apologize for it.)

Fact: Not everyone has enough time to dedicate to the game to get to level 50 so quickly.

Fact: A lot of people have multiple mid to high leveled toons (altoholic I think is the term).

Now, I am upset by the wording Bioware used. But c'mon... it's only one month.. $15. The time everyone (including myself) have spent reading and complaining could have been better spent. To those that got the free month.. Have Fun. For those that didn't (like myself)... Get over it and Have fun.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To BioWare:

Thank you for changing the wording to "reward our most avid players" and especially for giving everyone the chance of reaching the reward by April 22nd. I thank you for listening to us and giving all of us the opportunity to take part. Well done.

Okay... this is getting a little out of hand.

Fact: Bioware made a mistake by implying those that are Level 50 are their most valued players. (It is my hope they will apologize for it.)

Fact: Not everyone has enough time to dedicate to the game to get to level 50 so quickly.

Fact: A lot of people have multiple mid to high leveled toons (altoholic I think is the term).

Now, I am upset by the wording Bioware used. But c'mon... it's only one month.. $15. The time everyone (including myself) have spent reading and complaining could have been better spent. To those that got the free month.. Have Fun. For those that didn't (like myself)... Get over it and Have fun.

Its not the 1 month that I find is the issue. I have been a member since launch and I don't have the time to play games as much as some users. I also am playing more then 1 game. The one thing that peeves me is they our shutting out the users that have been subscribing since launch. Any bonus like this that is given should not be based on just level of play. They should also take into account the time someone has subscribed to this game. I understand that they can't please everyone and I could care less about $15. My gripe is they base a monatary bonus on the amount of physical time you put into the game. I love this game but I can't always spend as much time as I would like playing it. They need to take into account those situations as well.

I have a question.

if a player did not sign up for a reoccurring subscription like paying on a direct debit but still pays up before there sub runs out, does that player still get the 30 days free and does that player still get the tauntan pet ?

The only ones that should have an "thank you" and a free month are the ones that have been here from Day 1! You know it, i know it and Bioware should know it and understand better.

Everything else is just fundamental wrong.

Cant belive all the Biodrones coming here and defending this horrible desicion Made from Bioware.

hahaha hahaha hahahahaha haahaha hahaahahaha sorry cant stop lolling

OK.

I've got a lvl 48 and a bunch of alts .... have been here since buying the boxed set a few days after launch.

I've defended the game in numerous posts, laughed with scorn at QQ threads galore and have happily committed to a 3-month rolling sub.

But the decision to divide the loyal playerbase into those who have 50s and get free time and those who don't has brought me to a screeching halt.

I can't fathom why this has been done, and for once I'm on the side of the naysayers.

I'm not unsubbing, but I'd just thought I'd echo many others and say this feels like a massive slap in the face. I enjoy the game, I've always enjoyed the game, but now, because I took my time to enjoy the game, I'm treated like a second-class player.

For shame, Bioware.

Now that's out of my system, I'd also like to say Free Taun-Taun FTW!

well u have a 48 was it so hard to do those last 2 lvl before u jumped on a boattrain of alt ?

While I agree that this is a wonderful gesture and a rare thing among the MMO companies out there, it overlooks an important group of people. Specifically, there are many of us who waited a long time for the game, participated in various beta tests, purchased the collector’s edition and continue to play (any pay) each and every month but just haven't had the time to invest to have reached level 50. Are these loyal fans any less important? Have they invested anything less in supporting the community or company with their time and hard earned dollars? If the answer is no, why reward only a select few and ignore a dedicated and loyal group of players. Why reward players who joined the game two months ago, powered their way to level 50 and ignore those players who have been with you since day 1?

I applaud the generosity of the 1.2 update rewards but wanted to point out that an important group of your dedicated fans and players are not being taken into account...

Edited by Mellitus

While I agree that this is a wonderful gesture and a rare thing among the MMO companies out there, it overlooks an important group of people. Specifically, there are many of us who waited a long time for the game, participated in various beta tests, purchased the collector’s edition and continue to play (any pay) each and every month but just haven't had the time to invest to have reached level 50. Are these loyal fans any less important? Have they invested anything less in supporting the community or company with their time and hard earned dollars? If the answer is no, why reward only a select few and ignore a dedicated and loyal group of players. Why reward players who joined the game two months ago, powered their way to level 50 and ignore those players who have been with you since day 1?

I applaud the generosity of the 1.2 update rewards but wanted to point out that an important group of your dedicated fans and players are not being taken into account...

Please read the "other" sticky

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3939824#edit3939824

Hope that helps.

well u have a 48 was it so hard to do those last 2 lvl before u jumped on a boattrain of alt ?

Um ... no. It's not hard to lvl at all in this game.

But I chose not to charge towards 50, because I - and many others - wanted to take out time and enjoy ourselves. That, plus having a life, slows down progression somewhat. :) Especially if you run a couple of alts too!

But I've posted elsewhere on this - kudos to Bioware for changing the way the free month is being applied and for hetting rid of the 'most valued' term.

They saw there was a problem, listened to the fans, and made changes. You can't ask for more than that...

But for those that do, just remember: Free taun-tauns For All!

This question may have been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about it in this monster of a thread:

The free gametime will appear on my account by April 24 and will start at the end of my current billing period. But what if i cancel my subscription that runs out in four days? Does my account get reactivated on April 24 or do i have to pay for one more month to actually redeem the free time (like "buy one, get one free").

Help is very much appreciated. :)

Sorry for my shameless selfbump, but i'm still not sure about this. Has this question been answerd anywhere?

Great that Legacy has finally arrived but I was quite shocked to see that it's not complete and there is a tab for "Coming Soon" inside which it says it's coming in update 1.3!

My mates who quit after the first month are laughing their arses off because I've stuck with it in the hope that the first patch will bring it somewhere close to where it should have been on release and surprise surprise there is still a load of content, that should have been there on release, missing. What happened to guild banks etc?

Will the next patch take as long to arrive?

To top it off I've purposely taken it slowly so I didn't hit a brick wall at level 50 like most players do when they powerlevel to level cap and complain there is no endgame. How am I rewarded with my patience? by not being given the 30 days extension because I don't have a level 50 lmao

Sorry but I really hoped this game would succeed and someone is trying hard to make people give up and go elsewhere for mmo pleasure.

Me included, /unsub.

Sorry for my shameless selfbump, but i'm still not sure about this. Has this question been answerd anywhere?

My understanding is that your account will need to meet the criteria on April 22nd. In short, make sure your account is active (be it subscription, or GTC) until then.

Um ... no. It's not hard to lvl at all in this game.

But I chose not to charge towards 50, because I - and many others - wanted to take out time and enjoy ourselves. That, plus having a life, slows down progression somewhat. :) Especially if you run a couple of alts too!

But I've posted elsewhere on this - kudos to Bioware for changing the way the free month is being applied and for hetting rid of the 'most valued' term.

They saw there was a problem, listened to the fans, and made changes. You can't ask for more than that...

But for those that do, just remember: Free taun-tauns For All!

So leveling 1 adv. Class To 50 ruins the fun of leveling the other 7 to 50????? But leveling it to 48 does not

Color me confused

I can't help to feel sorry for the players who are incredibly loyal to this game, who have spent money on a Collector's Edition that was absolutely worthless, and who have limited playing time while raising children.

I know some of these people, and while most are saying "it's only $15" they're obviously not raising children. $15 dollars is a lot of money when you're raising children.

So when you attempt to trivialize this incredible mistake by Bioware, you might stop for a second to realize, not everyone is like you. Some people could use that $15 for an entry fee to a sports league.

This is a very bad move.

Edited by Xiere

I can't help to feel sorry for the players who are incredibly loyal to this game, who have spent money on a Collector's Edition that was absolutely worthless, and who have limited playing time while raising children.

I know some of these people, and while most are saying "it's only $15" they're obviously not raising children. $15 dollars is a lot of money when you're raising children.

So when you attempt to trivialize this incredible mistake by Bioware, you might stop for a second to realize, not everyone is like you. Some people could use that $15 for an entry fee to a sports league.

This is a very bad move.

lol $15 is nothing.

1 night of bowling, not including the beer and food.

3 drinks at the bar.

Less than 4 gallons of gas.

A 12 pack of beer.

2-3 packs of cigarettes.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Kourage

lol $15 is nothing.

1 night of bowling, not including the beer and food.

3 drinks at the bar.

Less than 4 gallons of gas.

A 12 pack of beer.

2-3 packs of cigarettes.

:rolleyes:

$15:

An article of clothing for a child.

School lunches.

The entry fee to a sports league.

The gas money required to take your children to their sporting events.

Also:

Enough money to feed an entire tribe of starving people in Africa.

$15 is something. A big something, given the proper perspective.

Question: my sub was still running but the account was canceled when 1.2 was patched, sub ended today, april 15, do i still get the free month coming april 24? Because right now it says i'm not subbed and can't log in.

Can post this because the forums are bugged and they allow you to post even if you don't have a sub until you re do the log in.

Edited by AzKnc