Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

I'm happy that you made it to 50 before the deadline. I have two characters at 48 who finished the 3rd chapter and didn't bother leveling them further because of the well known issues at end game. Instead I chose to play how Bioware suggested by focusing on my legacy and right now the total level of my characters on my server is 303 (an average of level 37.9). In addition, I've got every profession leveled to 400. In other words, it would be difficult for anyone to have played more than I have and not hit 50.

Like most, the $15 doesn't bother me. It's the implication that somehow people that chose to focus on their legacy are somehow less loyal than people that focused on one character. People say things like "I don't feel SYMPATHY for people that didn't hit 50" are missing the point. This game has been hemorrhaging players for months and can ill afford PR snafu's like this. If you want a better game, you should hope for increased subscriptions not mock those that are considering leaving. After all, WoW didn't add things like LFG, rated battlegrounds, and guild banks just because it improved the game. They did it because they had a huge playerbase and those revenues meant they could afford to try to make the game better.

I was hoping to get into operations after 1.2 hits but this is making me reconsider. My server is already low population and this isn't going to help. I'm going to give it a week and if Bioware's response isn't good enough I'm planning to leave. I hate it because I love the Star Wars universe but there comes a point when change is necessary. I don't expect anyone to care but once thousands of other people like me leave perhaps you'll understand why it matters.

first im not english native i can read and write it a bit so i probly choose the wrong word with Sympathy for that im sorry but still people that have like put 100s of hours over difrent characters should be having atleast 1 50 by now if only just 1 fresh 50 and left alone to focus on alts i hope BW fix some of the stuff u hope they will this week

sorry for any typos

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what folks should be mentioning as well in their frustration is that those that were not loyal, who had quit, are being rewarded with a free week of play.

Being on a low-population server I'm glad that there are incentives to bring people back. And I'm not a fan of throwing out free time, as I know that maintenance and development do cost money. (I'm more in favor of bonus items and features.) If I enjoy the game, I'm happy to pay for it, and if BioWare gives free time to those who wouldn't pay anyway, to give them the chance to (re-)discover the joy, then that's fine with me, because if some of these people resub, then the game becomes more fun for me as well.

Sometimes it's not just about what the others get, but what I get out of others getting something.

And those with level 47+ toons: How about being happy that there will be level 50s around when you hit level 50 in a few days to enjoy the endgame content together? Or you prefer solo-ing your OPS and warzones?

but still people that have like put 100s of hours over difrent characters should be having atleast 1 50 by now if only just 1 fresh 50

And why so? If they haven't it's just because they had very good reasons not to. They do NOT have to have level 50 yet if they don't want to period.

Solution - Give a free month to those of us who have been here since day 1 (early access in my case), payed sub on regular basis and are considered founders but do not have a level 50 yet because of our play style.

The fact that you consider someone who is for example subscribed for a month and has rushed to 50 a more loyal customer than myself who have been here since before day 1 is rather insulting.

I don't have a problem with Bioware giving 50's a free month, congratulations to them, honestly, but i do have a problem with the way it has been done, making them look more loyal and worthy than the people who are in similar situation as i am.

What he said, I don't have time to play every day, but I have been subscribed since early access too, I think its pretty lame that someone that started playing a month ago and rushed through the content gets a free month and I don't because I have played 2 different characters to around 40.

The only ones that should have an "thank you" and a free month are the ones that have been here from Day 1! You know it, i know it and Bioware should know it and understand better.

Everything else is just fundamental wrong.

Cant belive all the Biodrones coming here and defending this horrible desicion Made from Bioware.

A lot of you are missing the point why this is a very bad decision.

If I had played the game to level, instead of enjoying the scenery, I could easily have levelled my first character to 50 in my first month. Why is somebody who has been playing for a month more valued than people who have played for longer?

Why does somebody who played the 30 free days and unsubbed, get a 7 day free bonus, whilst others who have paid continuously for 2 3 or 4 months (but no lvl 50) get nothing?

I got distracted by alts and my new 'main' is 47. This also could easily have got to 50 by now. But I bought a copy of the game for my friend so we could play together. The £40 and 60 or so hours I put into bringing a new player to the game and subscribing, has cost me a free month.

It is a poor decision. Character level does not represent customer value or loyalty. Just a play style.

I'm not leaving. That is loyalty.

Then be loyal. Who knows, maybe in six months you'll get something for it. Maybe not. Either way, carrying your perceived injustice around in a .sig like a 'The End is Nigh' banner (which reads like a farewell, by the way) isn't what I'd call supporting the company.

Only on the Internet can people get away with this. Try walking into a supermarket wearing a sandwich board passive-agressively complaining that you didn't qualify for a promotion, and then claim that 'you can't throw me out, I'm a loyal customer!'

I am playing the game since Day 1, I have lvl 50 Sage, I have paid by credit card (January-February, after the 30 out-oif-the-box days) and now through Game time card (still have 4 days left), but I did not recieve 30 days.

Why?

The only ones that should have an "thank you" and a free month are the ones that have been here from Day 1! You know it, i know it and Bioware should know it and understand better.

Everything else is just fundamental wrong.

Cant belive all the Biodrones coming here and defending this horrible desicion Made from Bioware.

To be fair, no one "deserves" getting a free month at all. It's a privilege, not a right. While I can definitely understand those left out probably won't be happy about it, it's really not worth crying and whining on the forums for.

I've been in plenty of games where new and/or old, but no longer paying customers, would get free months or reduced costs. I didn't go around flailing my arms for that. But there is just no pleasing some people, it would seem. "If I can't have the shovel when playing in the sandbox, then no one should as I am the most deserving of it!"

Be happy for the gesture of good will on BioWare's part. Be happy for others and actually understand that if there are more lvl 50's around, the game is more enjoyable for all of us. Also, if I come off as overly hostile, I do apologize. I'm not trying to attack you or anyone else.

I am playing the game since Day 1, I have lvl 50 Sage, I have paid by credit card (January-February, after the 30 out-oif-the-box days) and now through Game time card (still have 4 days left), but I did not recieve 30 days.

Why?

Read the e-mail that you received

We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by
April 24
, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

Why?

check email.

area restriction + unfinished content + lack of customization (items , equipments, guild and more) + bad support and public relationship + broken open world pvp + population decreasing + constant nerfings + segregation of players based on their level = A VERY BAD MOVE!!!!

Wake up Bioware ! there is time to fix it all, but we are losing patience with you.

signed: Not so loyal fan cause i cant reach the 50 level.

OK.

I've got a lvl 48 and a bunch of alts .... have been here since buying the boxed set a few days after launch.

I've defended the game in numerous posts, laughed with scorn at QQ threads galore and have happily committed to a 3-month rolling sub.

But the decision to divide the loyal playerbase into those who have 50s and get free time and those who don't has brought me to a screeching halt.

I can't fathom why this has been done, and for once I'm on the side of the naysayers.

I'm not unsubbing, but I'd just thought I'd echo many others and say this feels like a massive slap in the face. I enjoy the game, I've always enjoyed the game, but now, because I took my time to enjoy the game, I'm treated like a second-class player.

For shame, Bioware.

Now that's out of my system, I'd also like to say Free Taun-Taun FTW!

Well my silent protest will be to not pay for the game for a month...

i suggest that all others that feel the same do the same...

if im not a valued and loyal customer, i might as well go play another game for a month and not play bioware for that month i could have played for free if i had only leveled one of my characters all the way.

check email.

I checked my mail (yes, even spam folder), did not recieve anything yet. Guess I am somewhere at the bottom of mailing list, it always seems that I recieve mails laters than other people playing SWTOR... :)

Edited by Aries_cz

a free month for lvl 50 players is a great gesture, remember its a gesture, BW didnt have to do this. .

good on ya BW!

I agree that this was a good move on their part, and I thank them for it. However, I believe the community as a whole forced their hand with the number of people that unsubbed and complained about RWZ being removed from 1.2 at the last minute. They know very well that people that leave are less likely to come back and stay, AND people that continue to play regularly are more likely to continue to play.

Then be loyal. Who knows, maybe in six months you'll get something for it. Maybe not. Either way, carrying your perceived injustice around in a .sig like a 'The End is Nigh' banner (which reads like a farewell, by the way) isn't what I'd call supporting the company.

Only on the Internet can people get away with this. Try walking into a supermarket wearing a sandwich board passive-agressively complaining that you didn't qualify for a promotion, and then claim that 'you can't throw me out, I'm a loyal customer!'

I don't know where you live, but that would be perfectly possible here. The supermarket can throw you out for whatever reason they like, but they wouldn't. It's called "bad press" and it tends to have a negative impact on your business' profit.

Also, I changed my signature to be less aggressive. Am I loyal now? Not expressing my opinions is cool, right? Freedom of speech being a constitutional right is so last century, right?

Edited by Qaoz

OK.

I've got a lvl 48 and a bunch of alts .... have been here since buying the boxed set a few days after launch.

I've defended the game in numerous posts, laughed with scorn at QQ threads galore and have happily committed to a 3-month rolling sub.

But the decision to divide the loyal playerbase into those who have 50s and get free time and those who don't has brought me to a screeching halt.

I can't fathom why this has been done, and for once I'm on the side of the naysayers.

I'm not unsubbing, but I'd just thought I'd echo many others and say this feels like a massive slap in the face. I enjoy the game, I've always enjoyed the game, but now, because I took my time to enjoy the game, I'm treated like a second-class player.

For shame, Bioware.

Now that's out of my system, I'd also like to say Free Taun-Taun FTW!

Should have hit 50 and then QQ'd on the forums about it. You get free stuff apparently. I don't have much MMO experience and didn't realise that's how they operated.

But I'm learning fast.:D

Free month is great and since i have a 50 i get it. But i would have continue to play even if i didnt get the free month, its not like i should go broke for the monthly payment.

I dont think anyone would stop playing Swtor just because they didnt get a free month, this game is not a contest to see who gets most free months.

If someone stop playing its because they lost interest in the game and that interest would not bloom up again because of a free month so stop whining about it :eek:

Theres some bugs in this game as it is in ALL mmorgs and with fixing some bugs new bugs will come, thats the thing with programming nothing is 100%.

I still think EA and Bioware did a great job with this game all in all and have not missed Wow or Lotro a bit since i started this game.

To give away free time or pets or other things is something that all mmorgs do now and then to keep up the interest its a company strategy and something makes us happy maybe but its not the main reason why we play mmorgs (at least not my big reason)

I didnt get my char to lvl 50 because i expect to get something free, i did it because it was so much fun to do it while listening to the whole story.

I do love this game and will continue to play no matter what until the day that it maybe die or when im to old to press the keys on my keyboard :p

Edited by Leonita

As a general rule, you don't want to anger and alienate the sub-endgame players. Their presence in older content helps keep the world feeling somewhat more alive and less frustrating for new players. That's not a great situation all the way around. That's one of the reasons that other MMO goes to great lengths to add new characters and classes with new early content. It isn't just about retention of the guys at the top, but stabilizing and fostering growth.

Now here, we have a gesture obviously intended as a "We know many of you at endgame have been waiting for content that we are unfortunately not ready to debut. As a thank you for your patience and an implicit promise that it is coming, everyone sitting at 50 as of April 12 will receive a free month of play time." Instead, they went with a wording that was quite insulting to a large number of players.

I'm curious to see the damage control go into effect. That's largely going to be the deciding factor for a lot of folks. And for the record, yeah, I'm one of them waiting and seeing. Having been here since December, I do find it a bit insulting that I am not as loyal as someone who started a couple of weeks ago.