Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Suddenly anyone who has a level 50 is now the bad guy? So what? Bioware gives me a free month of game time, I was going to pay for it anyway, and I'll pay for it after the free time is up too.

I am saying you are biased.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly anyone who has a level 50 is now the bad guy? So what? Bioware gives me a free month of game time, I was going to pay for it anyway, and I'll pay for it after the free time is up too.

So, now we have one of the valued customer's points of view (along with how he likes to debate his position, if you can call it a debate.) Shall we move on and discuss the long-term ramifications of the decision?

Been playing since the first day of early access. Got put on a dead server but got to 44.

Changed server now 45 with some alts in 20`s, my reward from Bioware is nothing, I am not a valued customer because I didnt want rush to 50.

Where as if i leveled to 50 in a week, left game for 2 months, come back for 1.2 my reward would be a free month.

This stinks, Bioware oviously do not care about casuals levelers. Wish I had not done a 3 month sub recuring now, because if I dont get free play time will quit and go play a game that values my custom, will be plenty to chose from when my sub runs out.

It does not, but it is definitely the perception and feeling generated by the announcement.

I work in customer service. (Not BioWare customer service, thank god.) And frankly, I don't care what people 'perceive' and 'feel'. What about my point of view, people ask? What about me? Me, me? "I'm taking offence, I choose to see this as offensive, you're in the wrong, no matter your intentions."

I do feel for those people in the company who hoped that a promotion like this would raise some spirits. They reckoned without all those people feeling and perceiving and being so sensitive and precious and feeling neglected because they choose to take offence, they choose not to see the other side.

I can't stand it. This is so many good things at once. It's a solid business idea to get people hanging around, and goodness knows we all need as many people as we can on these servers. it's an apology, it's an atonement for some mistakes (though they could never say that out loud, alas), it's an attempt to say that no, they didn't intend to trick people into resubbing... not to mention that it's an offer on a scale I've never heard of in MMOs.

But no. People get offended at some harmless and well-meaning words, even when BioWare wasn't even talking to them. You think you're a loyal customer? How about demonstrating some of that loyalty? How about being loyal by seeing the other side? How about not flying off the handle and gnashing your teeth because something doesn't include you and you're 'insulted'?

Bloody hell. The promotion is what it is. Maybe it gives you something. Maybe it doesn't affect you. But complaining because it's upset you is beyond ridiculous, and putting the damper on what's intended to be a celebration of sorts gives the lie to your claimed 'loyalty'.

No it doesn't, read it again.

Apparently English is not your first language.

As others have told you several times, the original post was edited to say "one of" after the posts started. You can defend the edited version all you want but there are screenshots of the original all over the internet already so closing your eyes to it makes no difference.

As others have told you several times, the original post was edited to say "one of" after the posts started. You can defend the edited version all you want but there are screenshots of the original all over the internet already so closing your eyes to it makes no difference.

Prove it.

I work in customer service. (Not BioWare customer service, thank god.) And frankly, I don't care what people 'perceive' and 'feel'. What about my point of view, people ask? What about me? Me, me? "I'm taking offence, I choose to see this as offensive, you're in the wrong, no matter your intentions."

I do feel for those people in the company who hoped that a promotion like this would raise some spirits. They reckoned without all those people feeling and perceiving and being so sensitive and precious and feeling neglected because they choose to take offence, they choose not to see the other side.

I can't stand it. This is so many good things at once. It's a solid business idea to get people hanging around, and goodness knows we all need as many people as we can on these servers. it's an apology, it's an atonement for some mistakes (though they could never say that out loud, alas), it's an attempt to say that no, they didn't intend to trick people into resubbing... not to mention that it's an offer on a scale I've never heard of in MMOs.

But no. People get offended at some harmless and well-meaning words, even when BioWare wasn't even talking to them. You think you're a loyal customer? How about demonstrating some of that loyalty? How about being loyal by seeing the other side? How about not flying off the handle and gnashing your teeth because something doesn't include you and you're 'insulted'?

Bloody hell. The promotion is what it is. Maybe it gives you something. Maybe it doesn't affect you. But complaining because it's upset you is beyond ridiculous, and putting the damper on what's intended to be a celebration of sorts gives the lie to your claimed 'loyalty'.

My highest is 49, not 50, and I agree with you complety.

Keep up the good work Bioware, I'm happy with 1.2 and plan on staying subbed for a good long while.

Edited by Norb_

[...] they choose not to see the other side.

[...]

I've got a good number months racked up, that's from early Beta to late September. I'm still paying, and probably will still. Considering the game and company operates on income, I think "Loyal" is a good label for anyone sticking around.

Lol, i can almost see angry Bioware CEO entering the office in the morning shouting " Who the **** wrote that news?!" makes me laugh :D

I doubt a Bioware CEO would do that, by all accounts they write even more poorly worded documents to put the fires out when they get a fan backlash over a poorly worded document :p

So, now we have one of the valued customer's points of view (along with how he likes to debate his position, if you can call it a debate.) Shall we move on and discuss the long-term ramifications of the decision?

Emplying a deciciton in a game is some how world changing. lol

No it doesn't, read it again.

Apparently English is not your first language.

LOL.

Let me dissect it for you then:

We are giving our most valued customers a free month!

Since your account has a level 50 character, it qualifies for the free month!

Nowhere does it say or even really imply, we're giving just some of our most valued customers a free month.

May I ask why you feel the need to insult and/or try to argue such a point? What purpose does that serve?

Emplying a deciciton in a game is some how world changing. lol

Don't get cute. With regards to SWTOR in itself, we know that there's no far-reaching consequences here that will change "the world" as we know it.

You make some good points. I work in PR and I have to tell you. The perceived message is ALL that matters in these situations. They had a good plan and it was unfortunately offset by some poor quality control. The message was poorly crafted and an editor or manager should have caught it.

In the end, it caused way more damage than good and I am sure that other MMO's will learn from it. The damage the brand sustained is far worse than the lost revenue they were chasing.

I've got a good number months racked up, that's from early Beta to late September. I'm still paying, and probably will still. Considering the game and company operates on income, I think "Loyal" is a good label for anyone sticking around.

That just makes you a customer. You paid, you got what you paid for. That's not 'loyalty'. That's business.

A good post! I see your point.

Though, I am not interested in your ethics and moral. I am interested in getting the same benefits like those with level 50 characters, seen as I've invested an equal amount of time and money in the game.

You're perhaps right, they spoke to the players who quit or thought about quitting. They wanted to say sorry for the lack of end-game content. It wasn't a good way to apologize and they should have chosen a different way to branch out to those players.

They should just replace the lvl 50 condition with anyone who pre-ordered, and use that and anyone who has an active subscription to describe "most loyal." Those are easily verifiable conditions too I might add. I pre-ordered and have been playing on and off until now, and been an alt-holic to play with each class instead of playing one toon the entire time. Between school and work, I haven't had time to get one to 50 either.

This Kotaku article about sums it up:

Kotaku: Star Wars: The Old Republic Manages to Piss Off Players By Handing Out Free Game Time