Well I just took mortar volley off my bar.

dwgagner

Useless skill now, range is **** in pve and pvp and the damage has been reduced (at least as a VG) by a **** ton, can't even come close to killing normal mobs with it let alone do any significant damage in pvp (hitting for 300ish per round)

The damage does not feel like it's in line with it's description, particularly on an ability with such a long cooldown.

Anyway /shrug thanks for finally fixing our animation as a trooper and nerfing it into uselessness before even getting to utilize it.

oh well.

Useless skill now, range is **** in pve and pvp and the damage has been reduced (at least as a VG) by a **** ton, can't even come close to killing normal mobs with it let alone do any significant damage in pvp (hitting for 300ish per round)

The damage does not feel like it's in line with it's description, particularly on an ability with such a long cooldown.

Anyway /shrug thanks for finally fixing our animation as a trooper and nerfing it into uselessness before even getting to utilize it.

oh well.

it hits for more times. 6 I believe.

Granted it feels weaker in general overall but meh.

it hits for more times. 6 I believe.

Granted it feels weaker in general overall but meh.

I'm hitting even level "normal" 50 mobs for 300 dmg 5-6 times that's 1500-1800 (tooltop says up to 3131) dmg and the radius is so small now you're lucky to hit one other mob, which only happens if they are practically standing on top of each other which is nearly never.

Also that's in full columni gear, so ***.

i feel like it's kinda op in pvp. i mash the button and my toon starts squirting lil bitty bombs out at a high rate of speed. yeah reduced range but it's on demand. i'm ok with it.

Totally agree. Really punishes a healer when they're trying to keep someone up.

I haven't had any damage issues, been critting between 800 up to 1000ish on people with pvp gear using power boosters.

Along with how fast Pulse Cannon starts attacking I've been doing serious damage, went from 450k as my highest to almost 600k last warzone. Helps that I've been Tactics for awhile.

I couldn't believe how bad the aoe effect is now. I went to do the new dailies today and was lucky if my mortar volley hit 2 out of a group of 5 mobs.

Yep, it's not a solve all for trash anymore. This really only affects troopers who relied on it too much.

It's been great in pvp in regards to attacking healers or people grouping up on a friend.

I'm loving it.

The ability is vastly improved for PvP.

If you are a PvE Vanguard though, you can definitely take it off your hotbar. An attack that hits in a 5-meter radius ... with a MINIMUM RANGE OF 5 METERS.

For a melee toon, this ability is now pointless. There's about a 5-pixel window where you can drop this close to you and hit 1, maybe 2 bad guys. And that's if you spend 3 or 4 GCDs trying to fight with a bug they SHOULD have fixed but didn't: The ability un-grays-out in close range but still will say "too close" and fail to fire. Why can't they make the reticle actually light up when it's actually in a spot that's not "too close?"

Whatever. It's irrelevent. The ability is about 95% useless to a Vanguard in PvE now. Yeah, you can use it to start your pull if you want, but since you can't hit the whole thing, you're gonna have mobs charging off after your healer cause you haven't put any threat on them yet. Or you could LOS them and bunch them all up and THEN use it ... oh wait ... now they're all in melee, and inside the minimum range, outside the attack radius.

Yeah. Nice job there Bioware.

Might as well make this a Commando-only ability like Hail.

Edited by Seelvir

Haven't done in any pve in awhile but I think the changes were decent in pvp except the dmg is way less, I was doing 1k dmg per hit and now its 300, even with more ticks is still about half dmg as before. I haven't really relied on it much actually forget to use it sometimes since its cd is so long it doesn't really matter.

Hate to see its garbage in pve I did use it all the time loved being able to hit groups of 5 imps in ilum with it.

I'm hitting even level "normal" 50 mobs for 300 dmg 5-6 times that's 1500-1800 (tooltop says up to 3131) dmg and the radius is so small now you're lucky to hit one other mob, which only happens if they are practically standing on top of each other which is nearly never.

Also that's in full columni gear, so ***.

I dont know where you get the 300 number from but its too low, but I guess if you can't hit more then one mob with the new Mortar Volley you should really check your eyes because something is wrong. Im worried about you at the moment. Do you see that bus comin at you when you cross the road?

I'm fully columi geared with 3 rakata pieces + BM dps gun. I do much more damage then you with Mortar Volley, about 400-500 normal and its 650-750 crits.

This new mortar Volley is much better. Only nerf is they made the area smaller. But I glady give that for the instant cast which it is now instead of waiting 1,5 sec for the first shot. I can finally use my aoe stun and mortar volley in a combo in pvp and pve. I just added Mortar Volley to a keybind (f) because its now that usefull in pvp and pve

Edited by EderSchippers

The 5m radius is somewhat crap, how many players in pvp stand in a neat group within 5m of each other for it to be of any use. I only use it as gap filler now, crap dmg crap radius and sounds like a trabant car on a cold day.

They call nerfed DfA "Rain of Pillows" on the BH forum.

And they've always had a better version so I guess they would?

I mean it sometimes sucks having to actually think about where you're planting it now, but it's so much more reactive I couldn't care less. I don't have any more casts where it bugs out and waits until the end to actually start firing. And even if people react they eat 2-4 volleys easy.

The only people I can see complaining are shield specced vanguards but it just means they get snap aggro on the portion of the group that's going to be a problem and storm to the other portion and actually work on having to tank rather than let a once a fight cooldown do snap aggro on everything for them.

Adapt.

i feel like it's kinda op in pvp. i mash the button and my toon starts squirting lil bitty bombs out at a high rate of speed. yeah reduced range but it's on demand. i'm ok with it.

I agree, in pvp cast time was so long imps would just run away and dmg done was minimal. I use a bit more now and it still good for clearing an area or preventing a cap.

I think people are upset because they can't get 5 kills with 1 button while doing missions. You may have to use your sticky grenade as well :( This skill is invaluable in PvP and should be used on cooldown. It's great keeping people off the door in voidstar or from capping in civil war etc. If you blow a dmg relic right before using it and land on 3-4 people you are easily doing over 10k dmg in 2 seconds. It's a tool not a crutch, and before the patch I think it was used as a crutch.

I think people are upset because they can't get 5 kills with 1 button while doing missions. You may have to use your sticky grenade as well :( This skill is invaluable in PvP and should be used on cooldown. It's great keeping people off the door in voidstar or from capping in civil war etc. If you blow a dmg relic right before using it and land on 3-4 people you are easily doing over 10k dmg in 2 seconds. It's a tool not a crutch, and before the patch I think it was used as a crutch.

I'm upset because I do my dailies spec'd as a healer. MV/DFA actually did damage!