Legacy unlocks require level AND credits!

Maglen

Per Zoeller:

Georg Zoeller: The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

This is not implemented in game. Currently on the "other" tab, legacy unlocks require both the level and credits. . .

Edited by Maglen

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only things that require BOTH achievements AND credits are ship upgrades and transport perks. Everything else is either/or.

Can anyone else confirm?

Edited by MarkBruno

Per Zoeller:

Georg Zoeller: The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

This is not implemented in game. Currently on the "other" tab, legacy unlocks require both the level and credits. . .

Yes, the "other" tab always required both...

its a moneypit... meant to remove excess money from the game.

kinda like overly expensive speeders and such.

but the rest is either...

They have lost my account THEY FLAT OUT LIED at the guild summit you are correct. I just logged off in discus after seeing i needed the legacy level + 5 mil credits to unlock the GTN on my ship.

IM level 43 in Legacy and there is no point to having it that high. i don't care whats coming in the near future, I watch the entire guild summit and what was said that you can unlock anything with either credits or the right legacy level.

I am beyond pissed off right now.

Per Zoeller:

You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

Kind of left a little bit out of that quote there. "while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level"

They have lost my account THEY FLAT OUT LIED at the guild summit you are correct. I just logged off in discus after seeing i needed the legacy level + 5 mil credits to unlock the GTN on my ship.

IM level 43 in Legacy and there is no point to having it that high. i don't care whats coming in the near future, I watch the entire guild summit and what was said that you can unlock anything with either credits or the right legacy level.

They didn't lie... look at what was quoted above.

That is not what he said at the guild summit. I don't care what he might have amend it in a post.

It's been known for a long time what was offered. The post on Dulfy has been up for weeks and weeks with actual screenshots of the stuff.

Anyway, I know you will still complain, so just go ahead and quit. Cya later.

Edited by OmegaMayhem

That is not what he said at the guild summit. I don't care what he might have amend it in a post.

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

This is EXACTLY what he said at the Guild Summit..

You chose not to comprehend or hear it..

ALL of the rest of us knew it either from the GS or NUMEROUS posts here on the boards.

Wow, if this is the worst of your problems in your life... I could only imagine what happens when you spill your milk.

I have trained for over 2 years for a job it turns out i cannot work with because i have developed allergies.

Im slightly miffed about that...

but i understand that your problems are much much worse.

You are beyond pissed off for them not giving you an AH that very few people will be putting items on(or buying from)? You do realize it is the neutral AH right and not tied to the AH on the Fleet?

If you are going to get this mad about things, you need to stop reading patch notes or any dev comments and just wait for releases. Things change all the time and clarifications are made. Quite a few of the questions in the weekly Q/A were about this and to me they made it very clear that some you could get with a choice between an unlock or credits and some would just be credits. All perks may or may not require certain legacy levels.

The legacy levels required are pretty much a joke anyway. You didn't grind out legacy, you simply got it for doing whatever else you were doing in game. Anyone that plays for 6 months will have enough legacy naturally to get any perk in game.

It's not that you were lied to. Either you missed part of what was said, or you haven't been keeping up to date. Things change in development (if indeed they did in this case), and we've all been made aware (if you chose to read the information).

you don't get it do you? i guess you like being lied to. its not ok for somebody to renege on their word.

got it.. so the myriad of posts on the subject from the devs with the exact quote on it.. not to mention that fact that TC has been up for a month with the changes.. = a lie..

Actually they didn't they straight said the GTN and MAILBOX on the ship are far up and expensive on the ladder.....learn to pay attention.

Edited by Dorin_Kass