Moving Battlemaster chest piece gear to orange doesnt transfer set bonus

RefugeASSASSIN

anyone managed to get set bonus on orange gear with "new" BM piece armoring ?

kinda think even warhero will not work

Theres a post, bout 3 or 4 posts up that tell you the set bonus' transfer you just cant see it without hovering over the empty shell.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Set bonus does not transfer.

First Test: Took the Armoring from my BM Helm, transferred it to my Warlord's Headgear (Orange, both pieces bought in pre 1.2) Used Force Leap which activates my 4pc Bonus. Nothing.

Second Test: Took the mod out of my BM Helm, transferred it to my Warlord's Headgear. Used Force Leap which activates my 4pc Bonus. Nothing. I will do a bit more testing when the servers come back up....again.

Ya there is something definitely wrong. I took out the mods to my BH chest and put in WH one and the set bonus still showed up for the 4 piece. Then I took the mods out of the BH helm and put in WH helm and it stopped showing me the bonus.

Now I am basically wearing 2 set bonus and spent 300k in creds for this. I hope it's a bug and they fix this asap. Doesn't make sense that the bonuses don't go over. Actually it's completely pointless if it doesn't.

Actually it does transfer, even from pre-1.2 BUT it is bugged. The set bonus is moved but the text isn't.

Easiest way to test this is to strip your armorings, put them into a custom piece. If the set bonus is like "Increases range of Shock by 5m" or something of the sort check the ability in question. Or even hover your mouse over the now empty shell and it should say that you got X amount of pieces equipped.

At first I was heartbroken as well cause I wanted to wear this cool set I had found. But than I noticed that my Force Slow was 15m instead of 10. So I hovered over my previous Battlemaster Chest that was now empty and it said "2/5: Battlemaster Stalker Chest, Battlemaster Stalker Headpiece"

This is incorrect. I moved all my mods from my BM gear into the new War Hero combat medic crafted and it loses the affect. You can look at the skill it affects and see that it isn't working.

Ya there is something definitely wrong. I took out the mods to my BH chest and put in WH one and the set bonus still showed up for the 4 piece. Then I took the mods out of the BH helm and put in WH helm and it stopped showing me the bonus.

Now I am basically wearing 2 set bonus and spent 300k in creds for this. I hope it's a bug and they fix this asap. Doesn't make sense that the bonuses don't go over. Actually it's completely pointless if it doesn't.

There is a developer post in another thread that basically said he will clarify how this is to work on only new BM gear and not on preexisting BM gear. This is a massive FUBAR for Bioware.

Why even have the mods movable in the BM gear then? Epic bad move.

Am I not understanding this right? I thought with 1.2 you could pull out your Mods on PVP gear, put them in regular orange gear and get the set bonus that transfers? I.E 4 piece stalker gear gets you another charge of Recklessness etc?

You are aware how Han Solo treated Greedo? This might happend to you for not reading previous posts and making 1.000.000.000 about the same thing.

YES EXACLY! A SHOT IN THE HEAD!

Edited by Nezyrworks

There is a developer post in another thread that basically said he will clarify how this is to work on only new BM gear and not on preexisting BM gear. This is a massive FUBAR for Bioware.

Why even have the mods movable in the BM gear then? Epic bad move.

Can you link the post please?

yeah its not on developer tracker. Let me do some digging.

Thanks, I am digging for it myself, and anything related to find a yellow post regarding this issue. We all need the clarification so we can stop wasting our credits.

The set bonus armorming only applies to the new armor sets.

So if you have old rakata or old BM gear the armoring wont contain te set bonus.

If you went and got a new rakata item tonight, it has the set bonus on the armoring.

Bioware, go figure.

Is that also true for BM and any other items bought after 1.2. launch or only for rakata? Yes, dumb question but I'm not sure and with retracting mods from armor still costing that much, I don't even have the 30k to test it out myself... ;(

Thanks, I am digging for it myself, and anything related to find a yellow post regarding this issue. We all need the clarification so we can stop wasting our credits.

Sorry it wasn't a developer it was the community coordinator. He is basically saying you are out 500-600K and it sucks that you were BM geared before 1.2. What a joke.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=402764

Is that also true for BM and any other items bought after 1.2. launch or only for rakata? Yes, dumb question but I'm not sure and with retracting mods from armor still costing that much, I don't even have the 30k to test it out myself... ;(

I've tried it with post-1.2 BM gear.

No stat bonus.

Did a little research, the bonuses transferring on Columi/Rakata seems pretty random and/or a tooltip error.

You are aware how Han Solo treated Greedo? This might happend to you for not reading previous posts and making 1.000.000.000 about the same thing.

YES EXACLY! A SHOT IN THE HEAD!

If your going to troll, at least make sense when doing it. :rolleyes:

I bought up all the WH and BM schematics for Inquisitor and have been crafting them and they have been selling well on the AH, now I almost feel bad as most of those people probably didnt realize they cant use existing stuff.

If your going to troll, at least make sense when doing it. :rolleyes:

I bought up all the WH and BM schematics for Inquisitor and have been crafting them and they have been selling well on the AH, now I almost feel bad as most of those people probably didnt realize they cant use existing stuff.

I used the biggest armor crafter on the server and even he didn't know. Major fail Bioware.

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

I actually don't have enough credits to get my set bonuses back :S

SWTOR: TCG - The Credit Grind.

Yeah I think Bioware put it out that very few people had over 1 million credits in the game. Welcome to SWTOR in game bankruptcy! Maybe you can get a loan shark to lend you 500k on the server or something? I'm still stunned that they made this huge of a fubar!

The set bonus armorming only applies to the new armor sets.

So if you have old rakata or old BM gear the armoring wont contain te set bonus.

If you went and got a new rakata item tonight, it has the set bonus on the armoring.

Bioware, go figure.

Yeah, this is really, really lame.

Bioware: Sure, you can transfer set bonus to your custom orange items.*

* only if you regrind all of your gear once more! HA!