For those feelin Robbed about 1.2 Must read

armyfreed

For those feelin they got robbed read this..

Because development is ongoing during testing, it should be noted that all changes and updates listed in the patch notes should be considered incomplete and are subject to change or removal before release to the live servers. The Public Test Server patch notes will be provided in English. The final release notes will be provided in English, French, and German when the content is moved to live servers.

Pulled from http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=71470

So all you people who cried UNSUB should really read into things more 1st.. K thanks.

Edited by armyfreed

Because development is ongoing during testing, it should be noted that all changes and updates listed in the patch notes should be considered incomplete and are subject to change or removal before release to the live servers. The Public Test Server patch notes will be provided in English. The final release notes will be provided in English, French, and German when the content is moved to live servers.

So all you people who cried UNSUB should really read into things more 1st.. K thanks.

Yes, because saying "whenever we screw up, we did actually not screw up" makes it so.

List of features not added:

Rated warzones (duh)

Augments for armormechs (simply not available in the trainer)

New artifice crystals (simply not available in the trainer)

Reverse engineering orange gear for schematics (for Armormechs at least, haven't heard reports from other skills yet)

Using the shuttle to go to "Your Ship" from a planet is there but doesn't work.

Rated Warzones were advertised not just in patch notes, but in a video about 1.2.

Sorry, your little disclaimer does not get bioware out of responsibility. People are right to cancel their subs over this.

Honestly I am just waiting for my time to run out, after that I am gone. Guild Wars 2 open beta starts this month, I can't see any reason to play this at that point.

I see both sides really.

I think what it comes down to though, is this is why you should never announce that a patch will be released on a specific date. Once they announce a patch is ready to deploy it should be ready as is, this was not the case obviously. If they had not announced the patch would be deployed today, then they simply could have delayed the patch until it was complete, but since they promised it for today, they had to release it without some of the features that many players were expecting.

Yes, you are correct that BW operated within acceptable parameters, but it was still a dick move that could have been avoided by waiting until the patch was ready before announcing a date for deployment.

I will agree that all the QQ about it is obnoxious. The people who are upset have a right to tell BW they are upset, but I wish they would do it without all the insipid whining. It's difficult to defend them when they are acting like children.

/fail

That link and quote is from the Public Test Server (PTS) forums. It's not from the official 1.2 release patch or release forums.

Edited by cipher_nemo

Rated Warzones were advertised not just in patch notes, but in a video about 1.2.

Sorry, your little disclaimer does not get bioware out of responsibility. People are right to cancel their subs over this.

Honestly I am just waiting for my time to run out, after that I am gone. Guild Wars 2 open beta starts this month, I can't see any reason to play this at that point.

Bye

/5char

Eh the Unsub threads are kinda entertaining. Makes me wonder how the human race got this far.

I would say by knowing when to abandon sinking ships in order to survive.

There were of course those without the good sense, who ended up going down with it. I wonder which you are in?

Most people have already left this game and are waiting on Guild Wars 2 now. It is available for pre-purchase right now and it gives you guaranteed beta access April 20th, so yeah... no point to TORtanic at this point.

Edited by Fox_McCloud

There were of course those without the good sense, who ended up going down with it. I wonder which you are in?

Most people have already left this dung heap of a game and are waiting on Guild Wars 2 now. It is available for pre-purchase right now and it gives you guaranteed beta access April 20th, so yeah... no point to TORtanic at this point.

Nice try, but your trolling isn't working, 1.2 has boosted my server pop from 120 to 290, on just the starter planet, at 3pm, on a thursday, bye bye.

Nice try, but your trolling isn't working, 1.2 has boosted my server pop from 120 to 290, on just the starter planet, at 3pm, on a thursday, bye bye.

Check again in a week, once everyone who kept their sub for 1.2 have unsubbed.

Edited by Mrs_Murder

Most people have already left this game and are waiting on Guild Wars 2 now. It is available for pre-purchase right now and it gives you guaranteed beta access April 20th, so yeah... no point to TORtanic at this point.

Unfortunately the ones quitting this game are heading to sink the ship you call GW2

If most of you thought that 1.2 patch will be the grand saviour of SWTOR then you are probably wrong.

What is so impressive about this new patch may I ask?

I am already bored with it and logged out my toons.

Tried the new warzone. Nothing interesting to be honest, just civil war 2.0

UI customization = LOL

Guild Bank = LOL (When are u going to actually ADD REAL functionality to Guilds instead of giving players a pathetic guild bank?)

Pets & Legacy system = LOL for the ones that are already bored with the game and they dont know what to do anymore in their ''quest'' to start the 1k alt they want to lvl up.

New armor meaning you will now have a new GRIND in front of you, on a 3:1 ration now!

1 FP and 1 OPS that you will probably get bored with in ~ 2 weeks?

High Rest Textures that aren't ''SO HIGH RES'' and that make the game move worst than it was before

Tell me please ... what is so special with this new patch that you kids are all excited about?

From this thread.

Basically says it all. I logged out about 40 minutes after servers were up.

Edited by Mrs_Murder

Get a grip people, it is done

They promise us that it will take 8 hours, perhaps longer, and they have the servers up in just over 7 hours, this is a total break of trust, and now we are stuck playing the game we all loath so much for another hour we thought we would get out of. Bioware has failed my trust for the last time.

I’m un-subbing :rolleyes:

Gonna try The Secret World. :D

True, but even more so, check again once Guild Wars 2 releases, there won't be anyone left here.

When do your subs expire so I can make a thread on the forums rejoicing you're gone

Perhaps you can share the unsub mesage, I'm just looking forward to when you leave :)

But when does entertainment pertain to survival? Some people will enjoy the game, some people don't. And what if it is a sinking ship? Who cares.... People have different opinions, shocking right?

If I were done with this game I wouldn't spend time on the forum advertising for another mmo, I'd move on.

Edited by Seravie

Because every screw up isn't a bug it's feature, right? You really should have higher standards.

I do feel robbed, I was really looking forward to having ranked warzones. However, I rather them pull the plug on this for now to make sure it is perfect when it comes out, not full of bugs and what not. I still enjoy this game because I have lots of friends that still play this game and enjoy a lot of aspects of what it has to offer.

They added a lot of things with 1.2 other than ranked warzones and while I wish I could partake in one when I get home from the office...I will have lots and lots of other things to keep my busy until they properly test and get ranked warzones implemented in this game.