Very disappointed in Digital Deluxe items. Not as Advertised.

Hexplosive

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

I am however very very disappointed in the digital deluxe items. Specifically: The training droid is -not- as advertised. In the comparison chart here http://buy.swtor.com/us/ you can see and click on the training droid question button. The training droid is listed as a virtual pet that will hover at your side to assist in combat. Instead we got a silly item that does NOT act as a pet and can just be used to float around an enemy. The training droid is nigh on useless this way. Enemies die so fast whats the point? Please please reconsider this Bioware and give us our training droid as the virtual pet it was promised as.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

Again, I love SWTOR. I know a lot of people (especially CE buyers) Will think that the extra 20 dollars spent on the digital deluxe is nothing.. but I also know there are a LOT of people to whom 20 dollars is a lot... we'd really like our 20 dollars worth and at the very least get the items we were promised (i.e the training droid virtual pet)

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/

~Ivy

Edited by Hexplosive

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I'm pretty much a Bioware fanboy, but I sure do get pissed when I'm lied to via semantics.

Advertisement "You get to change the color of your bolts" (Shows Crystal)

Reality: Crystal is useless in the game, and is one ugly black/yellow color that is unchangeable.

Mount: Advertised as a digital/collector mount.

Reality: Give it crappy speed so it becomes obsolete making the mount worthless.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I'm pretty much a Bioware fanboy, but I sure do get pissed when I'm lied to via semantics.

Reality: Crystal is useless in the game, and is one ugly black/yellow color that is unchangeable.

Reality: Give it crappy speed so it becomes obsolete making the mount worthless.

neither of those are you being lied too...

the crystal does change the color of your bolts/lightsaber.

and it IS a digital/ce exclusive mount. They never said it would be GOOD, or even useful.

I agree +rep to you.

BW should make the CE and deluxe version all the same for in game. CE's only difference should be that it has actual physical items where the deluxe has only the digital ones. After I redeemed my registration code they asked me If i wanted to pay 19.99 to upgrade. I almost said yes and am willing to even if they change the price to 29.99 I just want some of those CE digital features!

neither of those are you being lied too...

the crystal does change the color of your bolts/lightsaber.

and it IS a digital/ce exclusive mount. They never said it would be GOOD, or even useful.

It's all distinctly underwhelming for $20 though.

The Holodancer is the same one you see in all the cantinas and stuff, you can just place it anywhere.

The training droid seems to have the sole purpose of harassing (or amusing) hostile players, as it is only usable on enemy humanoids, and all it does is circle them while blinking some lights.

The holocam is just a screenshot function that goes first person.

The flare gun is kinda neat, actually seems like it casts light too...but it shoots up so high in the air that it's hard to get any kind of use out of it at all. On taris, for example, if you're standing next to one of the undercity pillars, it'll go right through the floor above. Using it anywhere indoors is thus right out, since it goes straight through the ceiling.

The color stone is ugly, and equivalent (and better) normal crystals can be acquired around level 15. (but all pre-orders get it, not just DD/CE).

The VIP Wristband? I can't see how it's worth 1 mill at the moment if I'm honest. All that's up there are a bunch of NPCs, a jukebox, a cantina vendor that sells the same things as the one downstairs, a 'VIP Vendor' that sells a level 50 landspeeder for 1.5 mill, and the CE vendor. So far as I can tell, the wristband basically just lets you buy that speeder.

So the only thing in the entire package that's actually worth anything substantial is the STAP...and that only because they made the Lhosan Racer level 40 instead of 25 right before launch.

It's all distinctly underwhelming for $20 though.

The Holodancer is the same one you see in all the cantinas and stuff, you can just place it anywhere.

The training droid seems to have the sole purpose of harassing (or amusing) hostile players, as it is only usable on enemy humanoids, and all it does is circle them while blinking some lights.

The holocam is just a screenshot function that goes first person.

The flare gun is kinda neat, actually seems like it casts light too...but it shoots up so high in the air that it's hard to get any kind of use out of it at all. On taris, for example, if you're standing next to one of the undercity pillars, it'll go right through the floor above. Using it anywhere indoors is thus right out, since it goes straight through the ceiling.

The color stone is ugly, and equivalent (and better) normal crystals can be acquired around level 15. (but all pre-orders get it, not just DD/CE).

The VIP Wristband? I can't see how it's worth 1 mill at the moment if I'm honest. All that's up there are a bunch of NPCs, a jukebox, a cantina vendor that sells the same things as the one downstairs, a 'VIP Vendor' that sells a level 50 landspeeder for 1.5 mill, and the CE vendor. So far as I can tell, the wristband basically just lets you buy that speeder.

So the only thing in the entire package that's actually worth anything substantial is the STAP...and that only because they made the Lhosan Racer level 40 instead of 25 right before launch.

Agreed, wish I had my $20 back. I say touche, Bioware.

Agreed, wish I had my $20 back. I say touche, Bioware.

deluxe and ce items in any mmo have always been vanity items, they aren't meant to give you an advantage in the game. if you thought otherwise, you misread the information and brought in your own assumptions and expectations.

deluxe and ce items in any mmo have always been vanity items, they aren't meant to give you an advantage in the game. if you thought otherwise, you misread the information and brought in your own assumptions and expectations.

It isn't about an advantage, I don't believe any of us have said that :) We are disappointed in the quality as well as items not being what we were promised. Just reread the posts if you missed that.

This kind of built-in obseleteness is normal with pre-order bonus gear - early bonus items aren't supposed to be permanent "iwin" buttons.

While your statement is mostly true, it doesn't account for the "pet" training droid. Description is as OP has listed; yet it does not even remotely behave that way.

An error on their part, or a last minute coding change to the droid.

i was indeed sad with the droid.

along with the cam.

its all lackluster and i could have gone with the 59.99 one. oh well...:(

the flare gun is kinda cool.

Yeah, I put the droid and the holocam in the bank.

I'm on a PvP server, so the droid's going to be especially hard to get any use out of (Enemy NPCs don't care, and enemy players will have bigger things on their mind).

The holocam...I'm not sure what the point of it is, frankly.

And the wristband? I went up there once, and probably won't ever again unless something else gets added.

This kind of built-in obseleteness is normal with pre-order bonus gear - early bonus items aren't supposed to be permanent "iwin" buttons.

It isn't about an iwin button it is about being useful. Originally they were -color- crystals not stat crystals. Then they had stats but you could change from level one to fiftty.. Now with the change you don't really even get a chance to use your unique crystal for more than a couple levels. This is an entirely unique color unavailable any other way.. if you love it you're screwed. It would be nice if all weapons from level one forward could have their colors modded or if the crystal scaled. It need not be an iwin button just scale with say quest reward endurance crystals every 5 or ten levels.

Please don't assume because someone has a negative opinion that they want iwin buttons, or hate the game, or hate Bioware, or whatever. People can really just believe what they said without ulterior motives.

ummm....

yeah we are talkign about the lacklust of the items. we are not stupid. we are not looking to be OP over people we just want the droid to be at OUR side.

and the cam could be cooler..........flare guns good. the STAP could scale with riding level......how would that be OP?

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

I am however very very disappointed in the digital deluxe items. Specifically: The training droid is -not- as advertised. In the comparison chart here http://buy.swtor.com/us/ you can see and click on the training droid question button. The training droid is listed as a virtual pet that will hover at your side to assist in combat. Instead we got a silly item that does NOT act as a pet and can just be used to float around an enemy. The training droid is nigh on useless this way. Enemies die so fast whats the point? Please please reconsider this Bioware and give us our training droid as the virtual pet it was promised as.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

Again, I love SWTOR. I know a lot of people (especially CE buyers) Will think that the extra 20 dollars spent on the digital deluxe is nothing.. but I also know there are a LOT of people to whom 20 dollars is a lot... we'd really like our 20 dollars worth and at the very least get the items we were promised (i.e the training droid virtual pet)

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/

~Ivy

part of the reason why I canceled my CE.. I gurantee the vendor items will be available to everyone in time and 150$ around christmas.. I can do better things with.. a normal copy is good enough for me.

You all should've gone for the standard edition. 20 dollars for just 3-4 in-game items is plain stupid and wrong. You wonder yourselves why they are doing what they're doing ? Because you, the customers, are supporting this model by BUYING it. The moment you gave them your money (+20 dollars) you said you like it. That's how voting works in capitalism.

Learn and next time order standard edition unless the deluxe offers some really good items. Even if it's unique to that edition, it's not worth money if it's crap. And it's not like YOU are unique since 2 in 4 people have the deluxe edition...

The VIP lounge will undoubtedly get more "stuff". And it will be the same with the CE vendor.

Everything else included are just trinkets or free stuff that you would have to pay credits for.

I never expect the ingame extras to be anything other than virtual fluff. People payed an extra $20 just for a useless pet in WoW.

At least you can use the crystal, the vehicle, and the flare gun.

I'm very happy with my CE and DDE purchases.

Edited by Krookid

LOL that wasn't terribly terribly, TERRIBLY obvious how useless those items were, even WHEN they said what they do....?

I got my standard edition...

*smokes cigar*.

Also, COMPLETELY agree with you on the color crystal part though...

Edited by Mackuss

My flare gun alone was worth the extra 20 bucks. Because it acts like a real flare that shoots high in the sky.

P.S You shouldn't fire flare guns indoors anyway, its generally considered bad form by most. Gets the fire department to earn their pay though.

The VIP lounge will undoubtedly get more "stuff". And it will be the same with the CE vendor.

Everything else included are just trinkets or free stuff that you would have to pay credits for.

I never expect the ingame extras to be anything other than virtual fluff. People payed an extra $20 just for a useless pet in WoW.

At least you can use the crystal, the vehicle, and the flare gun.

I'm very happy with my CE and DDE purchases.

Fluff I would have gladly paid for if it was as advertised. Thats the whole point behind the thread, is the items are not what was expected.