Unify color fail

Hizoka

I really don't know why they left this unify to chest feature out of the game for so long, when all the issues from beta still persist with it. The same items that didn't unify properly in beta also don't unify properly in 1.2.

Sure, they added the GUI to enable/disable it for each item individually, but they could have patched that in later as well.

Generally, it seems Bioware took out a lot of features in Beta citing "problems with it" just to introduce them to us as "brand new features" in various game updates strangely with the same problems they had in the beta before, just as if they haven't worked to resolve them much at all...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Unify feature was what I was looking forward to the most, so seeing it fail miserably makes 1.2 very lack lustre for me.

Helms don't match, which is probably a bug, but shouldn't that have been caught in testing?

Orange and white chest armor turns my legs entirely black, and my boots white with yellow trim. A blue and white top turns the legs and boots all grey.

Using two tops with opposite patterns in the same color doesn't give opposite results on all of the pieces.

The matching simply doesn't make sense. Give us the freedom to cycle the dominant color on pieces to find one that matches the overall theme. Let us lock in schemes even if we change tops, and maybe even gives us a few colors besides orange, blue and black.

In the preview video they showed multiple colour swatches, and the ability to change the colour of all your gear to suit your personal tastes. Would have been nice if that was implemented in 1.2 . Was looking forward to it, what they actually ended up putting in the game ... 'unify' bla bla... pretty disappointed.

No mate, it's always been unifying colors. Watch the video again, he only presses one button.

This is a problem for me too. None of my helmets change colors.

Yea and they already posted about it in this thread before trolls came in and made it an argument about the entire feature as a whole.

Hey everyone - we are aware of this issue and will be addressing it in an upcoming patch. Thank you for the reports!

Im glad it's back, but does anyone remember during the end of beta when it was removed?

I thought they mentioned that it was removed because they had

A better system in the works and didnt want people to get used to it.

All they did wad take the same system snd add slot choices.

Anyone else remember?

Sorry, typing on phone...

Im glad it's back, but does anyone remember during the end of beta when it was removed?

I thought they mentioned that it was removed because they had

A better system in the works and didnt want people to get used to it.

All they did wad take the same system snd add slot choices.

Anyone else remember?

Sorry, typing on phone...

This is their way of improving it. Their problem with the last system is that when you received a new piece of gear and attached it, it would AUTOMATICALLY unify to chest piece and apparently it took away the feeling of having a new, unique looking piece of gear (not that I ever complained). With the new system every time you attach a piece of gear you have to go in and manually toggle the unify color on. They also improved some of the colored textures SLIGHTLY (and by ''improved'' I mean most of the pieces don't fully color match.. they still retain some of their original colors).

This is their way of improving it. Their problem with the last system is that when you received a new piece of gear and attached it, it would AUTOMATICALLY unify to chest piece and apparently it took away the feeling of having a new, unique looking piece of gear (not that I ever complained). With the new system every time you attach a piece of gear you have to go in and manually toggle the unify color on. They also improved some of the colored textures SLIGHTLY (and by ''improved'' I mean most of the pieces don't fully color match.. they still retain some of their original colors).

Yes, i just dug up the post by emmanuel from google (cached).

I suppose this is the better system. A little disappointing that ther is no dye system.

Also a little disappointing that they seem to view color as the biggest

gear identifier.

I was actually going to report this as a bug 2 levels ago on my Bounty Hunter. I tried matching my attire to my chest piece (which was brown and blue) and suddenly my already brown bracers turned yellow and my already brown boots turned silver. ^_^; It was easy enough to fix, as I just unclicked the slots, but its silly that it didn't unify the colors like they said it would. So yes, this IS a bug. Trolls, away with you now. :p

Yeah i have a similar issue, none of the helmets change colour to match the chest on any of my character, also some of the chest pieces change the colours of gear to very different colours. The Hellfire chest plate on my BH which is orange(ish) and grey (which i love) changes all my boots and most of the gloves to a green colour.

• 1 month later...
any news on this getting fixed anytime soon? i would really like to show my helmet on my SI but he's wearing white/black and its white/copper.... and wont match to chest.

They fixed the Match Helmet to Chest functionality several weeks back. If you have a specific helmet that isn't matching a specific chest, you need to document that (with a screen shot, preferably) and put in a bug report in your game client or here on the forums.

My helmets all match to various chest pieces.

Be sure you're understanding how the process works. It might not match the color SPECIFICALLY, but may be altering the shades of the helmet to match the color schemes of the chest piece. It's much more of a "harmonization" than a "uniform color" feature.

They fixed the Match Helmet to Chest functionality several weeks back. If you have a specific helmet that isn't matching a specific chest, you need to document that (with a screen shot, preferably) and put in a bug report in your game client or here on the forums.

My helmets all match to various chest pieces.

Be sure you're understanding how the process works. It might not match the color SPECIFICALLY, but may be altering the shades of the helmet to match the color schemes of the chest piece. It's much more of a "harmonization" than a "uniform color" feature.

Ahh ok thanks must have missed that patch note.

The helmet doesn't change at all. most of the ones i have gotten don't. So off to bug report it i go! :)

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.