Aussie Character Transfers

WiccyMeow

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow butthurt much? I wasn't flying off the handle, I was answering your question quite calmly actually. I simply stated that in peak times the servers are not light, and if you are worried about not getting groups because you are a shift worker, then stay on your current server where you dont have issues getting groups.

How is that flying off the handle?

I could really say that you flew off the handle so... calm down sunshine.

Okay no need for for vulgarity ("buttthuirt" - must be a generational gap).. I read it one way you meant it another - we''ll leave it at that, no harm done. I have not played many group quests (heroics, Flashpoints etc.) so it wouldn't have bothered me previously. Now on Ilum it appears that that is all there is left to do (unless BioWare do expand the story arcs as I hope they will). Legacy is a bit pointless without a continuing story. With the way the game is shaping up, though where Operations, Flashpoints etc are becoming the focus then even on The Harrbinger we are seeing a mass migration from other US servers that simply cannot provide the numbers needed for these. My concern is that this will be the case for me on Asia/Pacific. I never played "WoW" but have played "STO" where the sever count is nowhere near what we have here. Need a group, there are always players on hand to help out.

As for the migration invitation and this grey-out form I'm sure it's just a result of the new webpage coding...at least i hope so.

If noone knows what is happening, at the bottom of the "form" you have three options and all are greyed-out so Inaccessible.

Edited by Lucridate

Is there anyway way to check if our characters were created before that Feb 28 deadline? I will be be severely annoyed if all my characters were created after and I still got the email saying that I'm elligible...

On another note, why did they change the site? Just seems to create more problems.

The site keeps changing the language to french....

FAQ still doesn't explain what is happening with the Legacy. Any update on that?

"If you have unlocked a Legacy name on the Asia Pacific server, any characters transferred to that server will use the Asia Pacific server's Legacy name.

If you have not unlocked a Legacy name on the Asia Pacific server and the transferred character is eligible for a Legacy unlock by completing Chapter One of their class stories, you will be prompted to choose a Legacy name when you log into the new Asia Pacific server."

This is from clicking the transfer tab

edit: added quotation marks

Edited by shambols

Okay no need for for vulgarity ("buttthuirt" - must be a generational gap).. I read it one way you meant it another - we''ll leave it at that, no harm done. I have not played many group quests (heroics, Flashpoints etc.) so it wouldn't have bothered me previously. Now on Ilum it appears that that is all there is left to do (unless BioWare do expand the story arcs as I hope they will). Legacy is a bit pointless without a continuing story. With the way the game is shaping up, though where Operations, Flashpoints etc are becoming the focus then even on The Harrbinger we are seeing a mass migration from other US servers that simply cannot provide the numbers needed for these. My concern is that this will be the case for me on Asia/Pacific. I never played "WoW" but have played "STO" where the sever count is nowhere near what we have here. Need a group, there are always players on hand to help out.

As for the migration invitation and this grey-out form I'm sure it's just a result of the new webpage coding...at least i hope so.

If noone knows what is happening, at the bottom of the "form" you have three options and all are greyed-out so Inaccessible.

STO has a different server structure to WoW, SWTOR, RIFT and other server-based MMO's. Conceptually, it is based all on one server, but broken up into seperate instances which can then be run on seperate physical server blades.

I think you'll eventually see most MMOs migrating to this kind of serverless structure, as it removes the issues that surround having low pop servers and the stigma a game gets when it is publicised that it is merging servers.

WoW is actually fairly close this, since it has cross-server battlegrounds, LFD and LFR, the only things that aren't serverless are the AH system and the actual questing areas and major cities.

SWTOR also seems to be set up in a way that could be adapted to this system, since it creates extra instances of planets and the main faction space stations when the population goes above a certain point.

Seriously BIOWARE.. a Fail on so many levels..

typical of the crap support we get from this game

I've actually had amazing CS experience in this game. Had people answer or give responses way quicker than WoW ever did. They just let the xfers option out, so just wait at least a day. A lot of times, something unexpected can happen - since they changed the coding of the website at least to some extent, so it might have been a connected issue. Just relax and wait a while

I'm having the same problem, i sent in two tickets(the first one got me confused, second one did too and stil not sure) I was told that the form will be unlocked on the 24th of April, but to be allowed to transfer servers we have to fill in this form BEFORE the 24th.... so in other words we have to have magical powers and fill in a form BEFORE we're allowed too.... :confused:

heres a reply to one of the tickets, it got sent to my email, but the other one didnt, so i cant copy it.

Greetings

I am Protocol Droid A0-K9, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us with your query regarding character transfers related to the Asia Pacific launch.

Please be informed that the lock down is on the 24th of April to select realms. Transfers will start processing between the 24-1st May. You can continue playing on their character as usual just ensure that between the 24th April- 1st. Please ensure that your character is not a guild leader and does not have any mail or auction items, as this could result in a failed transfer. Meaning, the requests are not live until the 24th of April.

If in the event that you are unable to select the realms by the 24th, please contact us back by creating an In-Game ticket once the transfers are live on the 24th and we will investigate the issue.

Stay tuned to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information and updates about character transfers related to the Asia Pacific Launch.

For more information about the Asia Pacific Launch, please check the Asia Pacific Launch FAQ available here: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400115 (You can check your IRL email for a clickable link)

Galactic Support is our Specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid A0-K9 (aka Jarvis)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

Wait just a minute...Bioware cant do basic mathematics.?

Legacy level 12 + legacy Level 21 = Legacy Level 21?

What kind of idiotic rubbish is this? Why cant you add legacy and legacy, why do we have to lose all the work we have done since the new servers came out because you don't understand or are incapable of doing basic mathematics? Would you like some 8 year olds to come and show you how to do it?

Very very disappointing decision for all transfers, not just asia pacific.

OKAY FOUND A POST THAT SEEMS TO BE GETTING STUFF SORTED GO HERE: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=419046&page=13

Post what server your on the characters you want moved and where to. I feel bad for who ever has to manually move us all over :p

I don't think they would be manually moving people across. They want us to provide those details, I'm assuming, so they can test whatever their fix is against data of people who are having issues with the page.

I imagine the transfers would be made via a database script of some kind, and the form is there to add each of us to a list so they know which characters to perform the script on.

What kind of idiotic rubbish is this? Why cant you add legacy and legacy, why do we have to lose all the work we have done since the new servers came out because you don't understand or are incapable of doing basic mathematics? Would you like some 8 year olds to come and show you how to do it?

I have to say I agree although I wouldn't be quite so dramatic. Lets look at the sequence of events here:

• AU left out of initial launch
  • We order from US online retailers and create chars on US servers
  • AU servers announced - we rejoice
  • Servers go live but we can't bring across existing characters for 2 months
  • No mechanism created to reserve your legacy name without unlocking a new legacy on AU servers
  • We create characters on AU servers to get the Legacy names we want
  • We don't level up quickly enough and have to pick another legacy name
  • We grow attached to chars and continue to play them, accruing more Legacy XP
  • Transfers come online and legacy XP is not combined thus killing off all the EARNED legacy XP we achived on AU servers

Really, how hard is it to just add up the XP and determine what the legacy level should be based on that total???

Edited by Starburst

Thinking of what could be the issue, this is purely guess work, but most of us have characters already on the asia pacific servers this might be creating a problem with how the form populates when trying to list characters u already have. Very few have said the form works, those few might not have any characters created on APAC servers... This would explain why most of us cant use the form but very few can. Again just a guess :p

Regardless it is a clear insight into the manner in which Bioware runs this game and a damning indictment of their QA.

Think about it. Without simply setting up any test accounts to see if the form worked, they emailed everybody. Then, even though hundreds of people are reaching this form and are unable to action the transfer there is no communication, no subsequent email, just their default position of no communication.

I am not even playing the game at the moment, it had honestly lost interest for me. But I saw the email and thought bringing my characters over may motivate me to get back into it. The complete and utter failure of that process only reinforced in me that I made an excellent choice and that my time is better spent elsewhere.

Even if the content were good, such incompetence is not worth my time.

It's not that simple though.

It takes more xp to gain a level the higher you get up your legacy level, so legacy level 12 plus legacy level 11 wouldn't equal legacy level 21, it would be a combination of the xp needed to get to legacy 12 and legacy 11, which would probably equal something like legacy level 18.

It's not that simple though.

It takes more xp to gain a level the higher you get up your legacy level, so legacy level 12 plus legacy level 11 wouldn't equal legacy level 21, it would be a combination of the xp needed to get to legacy 12 and legacy 11, which would probably equal something like legacy level 18.

Yeah. It is that simple. The difference between every legacy level is only 1000 legacy XP, you will only lose a level if you just simply add all of them at around 240 legacy.

Edited by Mezla