Merc coms and Ranked coms

TzachNahRood

Wait I just want to make sure I got this right. Did they really make us buy merc coms at 3 to 1 before the patch. Then after the patch trade them back in to warzone coms at 1 to 1 to buy a new "Ranked" com at 3 to 1 again?

Wow. Talk about sticking it to your players.

No, they did not make you buy Merc Comms. You chose to buy Merc Comms.

Personally I stopped buying them when it was clear I would not be able to stack anotehr 1k of each in time for the patch.

Edited by QuiJonPed

Oh wait Im sorry... You're right. Ever since they posted about 1.2 months ago, I was supposed to either 1) stop pvping for months once I reached 1,000 warzone commendations or 2) after I reached 1,000 warzone commendations, just let all the others be lost.

Yeah those are brilliant options.

Edited by TzachNahRood

So they got rid of mercenary commendations because that system was screwed up. Then at the last minute add these Ranked commendations, which are just mercenary commendation with a new name? And make us trade in merc coms at 1 to 1 and rebuy these newly renamed coms at 3 to 1? Seriously? I am baffled by this decision.

Yeah, why BioWare? This is clearly a robbery. I have 890 merc commendations on one of my characters, which I bought with 2670 WZ commendations. Now I'll get only 890 WZ commas back. Why BioWare? What prompted that? Did some working group sat together and start wondering: "How can we screw our paying customers?"

Because I don't see any other logical reasoning for doing that. Someone there must have known that this will make people being cheated. Again: Why?

So you're baffled by the 7 hours it takes to raise 1000 mercenary commendations?

Take off those lazy pants.

(105 wz commendations, 3000 needed to get 1k merc. 3000/105= 28~ish , 28.57 x 15(minutes/wz) = 428~ish minutes. 428 / 60(minutes) = roughly 7 hours.

That's nothing compared to everything new you get. Would you rather keep the merc system? Then I suggest you don't buy war hero gear.

You give some, you take some.

You can convert 1k merc tokens to 1k wz tokens or to rated tokens. I don't see the issue here.

Did you honestly believe you would get 1k rated tokens for 1k merc tokens and instantly buy 1-3 war hero pieces? Get real bro. What are you? A casualized casually casual player?

Yeah, why BioWare? This is clearly a robbery. I have 890 merc commendations on one of my characters, which I bought with 2670 WZ commendations. Now I'll get only 890 WZ commas back. Why BioWare? What prompted that? Did some working group sat together and start wondering: "How can we screw our paying customers?"

Because I don't see any other logical reasoning for doing that. Someone there must have known that this will make people being cheated. Again: Why?

Be glad you get to start off with 1890 warzone tokens instead of just 1000. Noone FORCED you to farm 1k mercenary tokens, YOU did that. You did not know ANYTHING about being able to get a 1:1 ratio of rated tokens for that. You could have investigated this @ the PTS.

Instead, you go and collect 1k mercs like a derpaherp and expect to get full war hero back.

Get real bro.

You don't see the issue here because clearly you have difficulty with simple math.

Let me simplify it for you:

900 warzone tokens = 300 merc tokens = 300 warzone tokens = 100 ranked tokens

I think most reasonable people would expect to at least get back their 900 warzone tokens. I did not ask for this screwed up system. I was simply playing the game as designed.

But to have players buy merc coms at 3 to 1, then get rid of merc coms, then come up with a new 3 to 1 commendation with just a different name but only refund the old commendation at 1 to 1?

That is just punishing your players for playing the game.

Edited by TzachNahRood

You don't see the issue here because clearly you have difficulty with simple math.

I think most reasonable people would expect to at least get back their 900 warzone tokens. I did not ask for this screwed up system. I was simply playing the game as designed.

But to have players buy merc coms at 3 to 1, then get rid of merc coms, then com up with a new 3 to 1 commendation with just a different name but only refund the old commendation at 1 to 1?

First off, you're about the only person whining badly about this, so I'll just clarify a few things. Bioware never stated that mercenary commendations would be worth alot post 1.2.

Secondly, having 1000 mercenary comms takes about 6-8 hours, which is barely a full day of gaming.

And may I just point out that noone forced you to farm mercenary commendations. They were pretty useless at patch 1.1. Now you got to have 2000 warzone tokens which buys you a ton of BM gear.

FYI the conversion ratio is 1:1. Every 10 merc tokens is 10 wz tokens in patch 1.2.

As for the red part in your quote, I don't know what ***** you're pulling that **** from, but thats wrong information and you're currently making stuff up to drag attention to yourself like that little girl in the supermarket rolling on the floor screaming MOMMY I WANT THAT LOLLIPOP.

As for the yellow part, clearly you have issues with math, and you did make me chuckle a bit.

FYI, if you're honestly complaining that farming 1k merc tokens got you a 100% increase of warzone commendations at the launch of 1.2 (I'll just point out the math, because you're a special invidual : 1000 merc tokens gets you 1000 warzone commendations which is a 100% increase over your 1000 warzone commendations, 1+1 = 2, as in 2000 commendations) yet you're crying over this like a little girl? You shouldn't be playing this game if this really is an issue to you and you shouldn't be playing mmorpg's in general.

Edited by Shredbull

Be glad you get to start off with 1890 warzone tokens instead of just 1000. Noone FORCED you to farm 1k mercenary tokens, YOU did that. You did not know ANYTHING about being able to get a 1:1 ratio of rated tokens for that. You could have investigated this @ the PTS.

Instead, you go and collect 1k mercs like a derpaherp and expect to get full war hero back.

Get real bro.

This is just a moronic statement. Purchasing Ranked Commendations at 3 to 1 were a last minute change. This did not exist in the patch notes.

First off, you're about the only person whining badly about this, so I'll just clarify a few things. Bioware never stated that mercenary commendations would be worth alot post 1.2.

Secondly, having 1000 mercenary comms takes about 6-8 hours, which is barely a full day of gaming.

And may I just point out that noone forced you to farm mercenary commendations. They were pretty useless at patch 1.1. Now you got to have 2000 warzone tokens which buys you a ton of BM gear.

FYI the conversion ratio is 1:1. Every 10 merc tokens is 10 wz tokens in patch 1.2.

As for the red part in your quote, I don't know what ***** you're pulling that **** from, but thats wrong information and you're currently making stuff up to drag attention to yourself like that little girl in the supermarket rolling on the floor screaming MOMMY I WANT THAT LOLLIPOP.

As for the yellow part, clearly you have issues with math, and you did make me chuckle a bit.

FYI, if you're honestly complaining that farming 1k merc tokens got you a 100% increase of warzone commendations at the launch of 1.2 (I'll just point out the math, because you're a special invidual : 1000 merc tokens gets you 1000 warzone commendations which is a 100% increase over your 1000 warzone commendations, 1+1 = 2, as in 2000 commendations) yet you're crying over this like a little girl? You shouldn't be playing this game if this really is an issue to you and you shouldn't be playing mmorpg's in general.

Dude, you need to relax. Its very simple.

Pre-patch you have 900 warzone commendations. You purchase merc commendations at 3 to 1. 900 / 3 = 300 merc commendations.

We can then trade those now worthless merc commendations at 1 to 1 for warzone commendations. Which means 300 merc commendations = 300 warzone commendations.

Now, at the very last minute they add the purchase of Ranked commendations at 3 to 1. So we take those 300 warzone commendations and purchase Ranked commendations at 3 to 1. 300 / 3 = 100 Ranked commendations.

So, after all this patching/updating/changing we end up with the exact same system we had before. 2 different commendations, one purchased at 3 to 1. All we did was change the name, destroying the vaule of the old commendation and making us buy this new commendation in a last minute change that never existed in the patch notes.

Edited by TzachNahRood

What a butt kisser you are omg your boss must love you. The merc com sound be an even trade and not a loss.

But to have players buy merc coms at 3 to 1, then get rid of merc coms, then come up with a new 3 to 1 commendation with just a different name but only refund the old commendation at 1 to 1?

They should have just done away with the Mercs and converted them all back to WZ behind the scenes. Then we'd have no issues with this. Not knowing they were getting rid of Merc coms , I've got a stockplie as well, as do most folks who don;t normally troll the forums and read every little pre-release patch notes. BW should have sent an e-mail message in game to each player informing them of the change, and give us notice 48 hrs prior to the patch going live. Or even inactivating the option of obtaining merc coms and up the limit for WZ coms. Why there is even a limit makes no sense.

I highlighted the part that disturbs me...

So you're saying that because you play this game as if it was your job everyone else should too?

Not to mention, give people some slack for this, it's not like it was even announced or know until a couple days ago what was happening with the comms, BW did a terrible job letting people know all of the changes, scrapped Rated WZ's suddenly, and has done a killer job of mismanaging this game so far!

I would like to see a dev post here and explain what was the logic behind that decision. The math is simple - you invested time in farming something which is being immediately inflated.

On the argument - no one forced you to buy merc comms - yes, no one did. But everyone knows that after reaching the cap of 1000 wz comms, you don't get more. So the only way to make use of those was to store them in merc comms, so you can get more wz comms.

And like a bad banker, BioWare comes and tells you - you know what your savings are not 1/3 worth. Thank you for playing!

I find that not fair and unnecessary punishment of players, for playing the game as it was designed before. And for playing fair, you get unfair treatment. It's simple.

Devs please explain that.

I just don't see where the issue is here.

Pre 1.2 the warzone cap was 1k

Post 1.2 the warzone cap is 2k

Post 1.2 the merc to wz comm price is 1:1, this leads to the fact that if you want to reach the 2k wz comm cap right of the bat, you will be allowed to, by capping 1k/1k pre 1.2 patch and trading the now useless merc comms into warzone comms.

Where is the downside to this? If you had not bought merc comms you would stay at 1k wz comms when 1.2 launched, if you did buy merc comms simply to get above the 1k cap, you will only have gained from it.

The exception to this is if you were stupid enough to spend so many warzone commendations that you would end up with less than 1k warzone after the patch, in which case you have only yourself to blame.

Your got a little brown all over your face buddy. Next time you give BioWare a ****** don't stick your whole head up there.

I just don't see where the issue is here.

Pre 1.2 the warzone cap was 1k

Post 1.2 the warzone cap is 2k

Post 1.2 the merc to wz comm price is 1:1, this leads to the fact that if you want to reach the 2k wz comm cap right of the bat, you will be allowed to, by capping 1k/1k pre 1.2 patch and trading the now useless merc comms into warzone comms.

Where is the downside to this? If you had not bought merc comms you would stay at 1k wz comms when 1.2 launched, if you did buy merc comms simply to get above the 1k cap, you will only have gained from it.

The exception to this is if you were stupid enough to spend so many warzone commendations that you would end up with less than 1k warzone after the patch, in which case you have only yourself to blame.

The issue is for the players that have been stockpiling Merc commendations (you have to trade in 30 warzone comms to get 10 Mercs hence the 3:1 ratio) but now merc commendations are just going away and instead of BioWare letting us trade our 10 mercs back for 30 warzone comms they are letting us trade 10 mercs for 10 warzone comms just so you can trade 30 more warzone comms to get 10 ranked warzone comms.

So essentially they just renamed Merc commendations but instead of giving us an even exchange you have to use 6 merc comms to get 1 ranked warzone comm.

Does that make sense?

can't really examine warzone coms pre and post patch for the new gear as there was no price system in place before the patch to judge it.

As for your warzone issue with conversions here's some thoughts

Before 1.2

A battlemaster belt cost: 4000 warzone tokens. (3000 for the 1k merc comes, plus the 1k warzone).

post patch a belt costs: 625 coms.

so while you may not be given the same quantity as your initial conversion, warzone coms in 1.2 have almost 7 times more worth then they did pre 1.2. Of course it all depends on the strength of the yen.....

seriously did you expect the patch to go live and be able to buy numerous pieces of war hero gear? Being able to roll in and buy 2 pieces of bm gear in one day is better then any long time battlemaster typically pulled.

seriously did you expect the patch to go live and be able to buy numerous pieces of war hero gear? Being able to roll in and buy 2 pieces of bm gear in one day is better then any long time battlemaster typically pulled.

No with all due respect, I expected to have to earn my ranked commendations in ranked matches as they announced in patch notes for weeks.

Instead at the very last minute they remove ranked matches and add this ranked commendation which we get for 3 to 1. Leaving us with the exact same system we had before, but destroying the value of merc comms and just making the exact same com with a different name.