The Legacy is here and I get...nothing!

Geeluc

43 million credits? What are you selling if you don't mind me asking? Not that I have a ton of trouble making cash but I'm nowhere near that financially stable.

I queue up for PvP as much as I can, I send my companions out to gather things from my professions (I'm Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting) while I'm doing PvP and sell the mats on the AH. I also craft epic 50 Hilts, epic 50 Enhancements and anything else I see that sells well on the AH.

When I do my daily PvE stuff (yes, I pug) I do the same thing.

The epic mats make me the most money overall, in all honesty.

Our server isn't the greatest as far as population is concerned (about 50-70 on Empire Fleet/10-15 on Repub Fleet) but it's good enough to make me money while I'm doing other things. I really like the crafting system for that reason.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto on the "holy crud" comments about the cat who's sitting on 43 million credits. Is playing this game what you do for a living?

I actually only play the game a few hours a night. I do play about 4-8 hours a day/night on the weekend if nothing is going on (ball games, family stuff, etc. etc.).

I find myself laughing not at the OP, but at the others. MMO does not mean forced to party. It does not mean PVP. You just play on the same server as others, and you can interact with them or not.

You can become broke? Sure can. Only way to make endless credits, is to run dailies, pvp, whatever. What about those who just want to play the story, or rp?

I laugh at the attitudes, brag all you want about your legacy level, your millions of credits, thats you, not the op. To make fun of someone who wishes the single player aspect was better, is rediculous. He/she is paying the same amount as you every month, what makes you better?

I signed up to a rp server, and all i see is pvp/wz comments. If I actually ever dare to play a WZ, and I have level 10's insulting how bad your level 40-something played. This, on a rp server.

If I ever find a server that has an option to never see a WZ or a PVP comment ever again, I'll swap my characters in a heart beat.

This doesnt solve the origional posters issues, but it is just another side to see. I pay my monthy due's, so I am free to express them. As was he.

Those who make fun of anothers playstyle, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Edited by cjshark

I have no money, since the game keeps you permanently broke

Between 1.1.5 and 1.2 I had grinded out 13.3 million from evening and weekend gameplay. Too bad you didn't learn how to get credits, or didn't care. So now I guess you'll either learn to earn credits or be forced to just play the game instead of buying every trinket. Remember there is more to gameplay than just buying perks and stuff. ;)

Edited by cipher_nemo

If someone would then, how does one make money in game?

I've got a series of crafting skills, Arms, Armour and Cyber at 400, all with the appointed skills at 400 also.

I craft purple gear and always check prices before listing to make sure I'm asking a good amount.

I have three toons who craft, at level 25, 32 and 50...all of them get broke and I send them more money from my main 'selling' toon, who, at the moment, has about 500k to him name.

I'm levelling up another toon at the moment, at 37, she's been doing OK, but again, only has about 150k on her, she's not be buying anything at all, since the other toons have been crafting everything for her. I sell my junk, repair my items and use the taxi as little as possible, but I know that when I hit 40, I would of had to have paid 200k for a new speeder, if I wanted one, making her back to 0 credits!

If someone would point me in the right direction, I would certainly try and drum up more credits, since the crafting/selling, on my server at least, doesn't make me anything.

I made quite some money from selling lockboxes content (mostly gear I cannot/wouldn't use) from Treasure Hunting (but slicing gets 'em too), mats and mods. That and all the money and loot from mobs

BUT I don't respec very often and don't move mods round. Hope it helps

Just to mention major disappointment in 1.2.

I have no money, since the game keeps you permanently broke, so 2 million for an hour off my shuttle to the fleet! HA HA HA! What a joke!

I don't have Valor or Social Points, since I like to play alone, I've never been in to PvP, so again, I can't afford any of the legacy bits!

I know I'm banging my head up against a wall here, but this really isn't the game I was hoping for. There's nothing here for the single player.

So you get no valor rewards because you don't pvp, that is self explanatory. You don't have soical because you don't group so that means you don't do FPs or OPs.

So basically all there is for you to do are daily quests (minus 2 heroics where you would need to group usually) and space missions. That alone should net you around 250k in credits a day. I don't know how you are premanently broke. You don't do ops, so you don't have to deal with the repair sink, what are you broke from that costs you a quarter of a million a day?

1.2 makes me wanna quit mmos for good tbh

Well, don't take it that far. Sure there are tons of "issues" with this game... but there are plenty of fun mmo's out there. Rift, for instance. You don't really need plat after lvl 50. EQ2has tons of fun things to do, places to explore, cool and varied mounts and companions to buy and there's also WoW as well. So options are out there. If you don't like this, there's always something else to keep you happily entertained. I mean, that's why we do play these games, to be happily entertained and relieve stress from the real world.

I've been successfully self employed with my own business for 18 year now.

Great! But wait, you are found deficient in playing online video games, so stand by while indictments of your character are prepared and posted by the all-knowing nerd elite.

i find myself laughing not at the op, but at the others. Mmo does not mean forced to party. It does not mean pvp. You just play on the same server as others, and you can interact with them or not.

You can become broke? Sure can. Only way to make endless credits, is to run dailies, pvp, whatever. What about those who just want to play the story, or rp?

I laugh at the attitudes, brag all you want about your legacy level, your millions of credits, thats you, not the op. To make fun of someone who wishes the single player aspect was better, is rediculous. He/she is paying the same amount as you every month, what makes you better?

I signed up to a rp server, and all i see is pvp/wz comments. If i actually ever dare to play a wz, and i have level 10's insulting how bad your level 40-something played. This, on a rp server.

If i ever find a server that has an option to never see a wz or a pvp comment ever again, i'll swap my characters in a heart beat.

This doesnt solve the origional posters issues, but it is just another side to see. I pay my monthy due's, so i am free to express them. As was he.

like :)

Geezus, the fanboi's are rampant here.

It sounds like he has the legacy, but 2mil credits for an hour off your fleet pass?

$2 million is petty cash at level 50 considering a level 50 can make 350k+ a day just doing dailies and vendoring the trash/selling blues/purples on the GTN.

I find myself laughing not at the OP, but at the others. MMO does not mean forced to party. It does not mean PVP. You just play on the same server as others, and you can interact with them or not.

I signed up to a rp server, and all i see is pvp/wz comments. If I actually ever dare to play a WZ, and I have level 10's insulting how bad your level 40-something played. This, on a rp server.

If I ever find a server that has an option to never see a WZ or a PVP comment ever again, I'll swap my characters in a heart beat.

This doesnt solve the origional posters issues, but it is just another side to see. I pay my monthy due's, so I am free to express them. As was he.

Wait, are you saying that because you (or the OP) do not do the things required to make money or to gain Valor or Legacy levels in game, that you're somehow entitled to the same things as those that are?

If you want to play the game just for the story or to Roleplay, then fine. Nobody is stopping you. But to think that you somehow deserve the same perks as everyone else, while not having to do any work to do so, is absolutely ludicrous. This is a classic example of self-entitlement and I swear, it's ruining gaming (and much much more) these days.

If you want something, you work for it. Do you think you deserve the same +10 Datacron as everyone else just because you choose to Roleplay on your Starship or just play the game for the story and not do the legwork that is required to get this item?

I don't think so.

The game was setup to require some type of work to attain certain objectives and/or money. If you're not willing to put in the time or unwilling to play the game the way it was intended to play, then I suggest moving on to something else.

36 is young. I'm 42, and my wife and I play online together. Sometimes, being married with no yard apes has its perks.

I am 43 and married too, my surprise was due to the OP original outburst, that seemed to indicate more someone in his early twenties (or less)

So you get no valor rewards because you don't pvp, that is self explanatory. You don't have soical because you don't group so that means you don't do FPs or OPs.

So basically all there is for you to do are daily quests (minus 2 heroics where you would need to group usually) and space missions. That alone should net you around 250k in credits a day. I don't know how you are premanently broke. You don't do ops, so you don't have to deal with the repair sink, what are you broke from that costs you a quarter of a million a day?

I started yesterday with 1.45 million credits.

I went hardcore credfarming starting at 4:00 pm, once I got home from work. I continued this until I got to my goal, at 9:30 pm.

I made half a mil. All I did was my Ilum and Belsavis dailies, the *one* daily comm space mission, and killed every bit of trash along the way. After that, I ran through NM Maelstrom Prison about four times, killing only the trash I accidentally picked up and the bosses.

My guild also needed me for a hardmode, but that was a wash, as we wiped twice, but the creds on the daily/hm canceled the repair cost.

I died three times on-planet also due to not paying enough attention and lost about 40k in repairs.

Total profit for me? 580k. I bought the Baron, drove it around the fleet for 20 minutes, was happy, and went to bed.

By the way: I'm not a slicer. Art/Arch/TH. You *can* make money in this game if you DEDICATE yourself to doing so.

Now, this is not how I want to play the game every day, but I was trying to get that gorgeous blue and yellow annoyingmobile. And now I have it. :)

Now? I'll begin playing normally again, pick up about 150-175k a day, and buy legacy items about once a week.

I am 43 and married too, my surprise was due to the OP original outburst, that seemed to indicate more someone in his early twenties (or less)

Well, not all relationships pay out expected dividends on a regular basis, and our respective partners do have those periodic times of difficulty ... so I'm willing to cut the OP some slack.