A new design for Consular Armor....

Sendai_S

I am going to be doing a series of drawings that depict the style of costuming that I want to see in the game.

Please find at the link my first design for a new Consular armor set.

CONSULAR DESIGN

I think the costume designer of this game is so off-base when it comes to games and Star Wars. Most - if not all - of the costume designs are HORRID. Some are better for women (New PVE Consular). Some are ok (trooper) because they are hard to screw up.

Mostly at this point I am of the opinion that the designer is designing the gear out of some misplaced assumption that this is what people want because of "that other game." So not true.

And for the most part in my opinion there needs to be a MUCH larger variety of costumes - some for the people who like the ridiculous armor already in the game and stuff for more serious players who want to play "Star Wars" and not "WOW in Space".

Things I never want to see:

• Things that aren't canon.
  • Spikes on shoulders.
  • All spikes really.
  • "Camelot/Medieval/Fantasy Dragon Game" style capes. (Vader cloaks are ok - CAPES are NOT.)
  • Bulky ornate armor add-ons that look like they were designed by MC Escher.
  • Duckbills on armor.
  • RIDICULOUSLY LARGE and IMPRACTICAL shoulderpads.
  • Headslot armor with "lets-put-a-random-shape-sticking-out-of-it" armor.
  • Really, anything sticking out of armor that has no practical purpose for the characters profession (example of something that DOES apply to the profession - Bounty Hunter Jetpacks).

Things I would like to see:

• Sleek cool armor - just like the opening movie scene Jedi's (i.e. Satele and her mentor).
  • Black colors for Republic. (Seriously - they wore black too - for some reason you guys don't think they do!)
  • Really, all colors for all factions.
  • Spy class costume slots. (Think Companion customization but for the sneaky Op/Scoundrel classes)
  • More variety in the constuming.
  • An armor/clothing chop that allows custom coloring (not simply matching colors to a random chest piece) for a price.
  • Easy access to "Show Light Dark Corruption", "Hide/Show Hood", "Hide Headslot" buttons on the character sheet.

My new UI My Current UI

Edited by Sendai_S

Things I never want to see:

• Things that aren't canon.
  • Spikes on shoulders.
  • All spikes really.
  • "Camelot/Medieval/Fantasy Dragon Game" style capes. (Vader cloaks are ok - CAPES are NOT.)
  • Bulky ornate armor add-ons that look like they were designed by MC Escher.
  • Duckbills on armor.
  • RIDICULOUSLY LARGE and IMPRACTICAL shoulderpads.
  • Headslot armor with "lets-put-a-random-shape-sticking-out-of-it" armor.
  • Really, anything sticking out of armor that has no practical purpose for the characters profession (example of something that DOES apply to the profession - Bounty Hunter Jetpacks).

• Sleek cool armor - just like the opening movie scene Jedi's (i.e. Satele and her mentor).
  • Black colors for Republic. (Seriously - they wore black too - for some reason you guys don't think they do!)
  • Really, all colors for all factions.
  • Spy class costume slots. (Think Companion customization but for the sneaky Op/Scoundrel classes)
  • More variety in the constuming.
  • An armor/clothing chop that allows custom coloring (not simply matching colors to a random chest piece) for a price.
  • Easy access to "Show Light Dark Corruption", "Hide/Show Hood", "Hide Headslot" buttons on the character sheet.

I like all the things you said. *high five*

In the vein of "all colours for all factions," I want some purple Trooper armour really badly.

Sleek cool armor - just like the opening movie scene Jedi's (i.e. Satele and her mentor).

Indeed! Jedi Guardians have something akin to full plate because they are tanks and "visually" should look like such by many people point of view.

Black colors for Republic. (Seriously - they wore black too - for some reason you guys don't think they do!)

Luke Skywalker wore black in Return of the Jedi. Does not make him evil!

Really, all colors for all factions.

But the difference in colors gives an automatic way to see if that person in the distance is Empire or Alliance for PVP. I do not PvP so I do not mind, but I am sure they do.

Spy class costume slots. (Think Companion customization but for the sneaky Op/Scoundrel classes)

Actually, I always pictured the smuggler/scoundrel as a more space cowboy type. The OP however should probably look like a spy.

More variety in the constuming.

An armor/clothing chop that allows custom coloring (not simply matching colors to a random chest piece) for a price.

Well, they will add more choice in time and it is up to us to let them know if we like it or not. And I have been dreaming for the possibility to change armor/clothes color in all games except for Champions. Buying dye bottles would do it.

Easy access to "Show Light Dark Corruption", "Hide/Show Hood", "Hide Headslot" buttons on the character sheet.

Yes, if that was directly on the character sheet, it would speed up the change when required/needed.

Edited by Omaddon

Nice work. It's good to see someone taking the initiative on this sort of thing. I've been considering doing the same thing for Twi'lek headgear variants.

It shows a fair amount of skin, which as a guy isn't necessarily something I complain about on female characters, but fits the setting well. I'm guessing there would be a variant model for male characters?

As a set the armor strikes me as more of a Knight's armor, rather than a Consular's robes; the boots appear more armored than would be expected from light robes, and overall it seems to be designed more to allow maximum freedom of movement, representative of a Knight's combat style. It bears marked similarities to the Jedi Knight armor that you obtain with Tython Commendations. still a great concept, though.

Edited by HeavensAgent