Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know how complex this stuff is? You're just eating the company line man. Each person who says they're an "adult" and posts in this thread loses credibility.

Did you just lose credibility by posting in this thread o.O? The universe is going to implode.

Edited by dwgagner

Should not spring such news on your player-base at the last minute to grab a month's worth of subs though.

Who says they did it purposly, do you think this was a master plan or something, there is every possibilty that bioware thought they could fix it for the patch, they found out it wasnt possible and informed us.

The fact that they waited so late shows that there were working hammer and tong to try and make it work but couldnt.

But here is the question, do you want something that works or something that doesnt.

Edited by Shingara

I think the biggest issue here is that all of us that were really looking forward to rated warzones just feel lied to.. I have never seen a developer be so unprofessional in my 10+ years of playing MMO's.

I'm not trying to sound snide or anything, but you must have not played many MMO's. I could write a rather long list of things that the devs of many games have said that simply wasn't true or that they just went ahead and removed features without any warning.

My lesson from SWG was: Never expect anything, believe anything, count on anything or anticipate anything. When a game developer just deletes something you've put months into without any compensation, you kinda learn not to care because you will only be disappointed.

Edited by Jandi

Wow, Bioware. Epic failure on your part. Unbelievable.You guys have teased us for weeks about ranked warzones coming out in 1.2 patch for weeks and now less than 12 hours to go I see this ****.Sorry guys for us telling you lies but we had to do it so you would not quit the game.Grats you guys are about to become the next rift if you keep this up.

Don't even bother trying to convince them. No one is going to sue BW over this. Anyone that does would be laughed out of court.

I learned a long time ago, never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Omg, you are quoted. Awesome!

Who says they did it purposly, do you think this was a master plan or something, there is every possibilty that bioware thought they could fix it for the patch, they found out it wasnt possible and informed us.

The fact that they waited so late shows that there were working hammer and tong to try and make it work but couldnt.

Sorry to say i am on the other side of the fence on that - especially since they have no real ETA for ranked Warzones at this time

I'm not trying to sound snide or anything, but you must have not played many MMO's. I could write a rather long list of things that the devs of many games have said that simply wasn't true or that they just went ahead and removed features without any warning.

My lesson from SWG was: Never expect anything, believe anything, count on anything or anticipate anything. When a game developer just deletes something you've put months into without any compensation, you kinda learn not to care because you will only be disappointed.

Yup there are many records in the mmo history of much worse, swg is a prime example, jtl hits and bang change the game majorly, another expantion and nge. Even wow, look at path of the titans and the slew of other things announced one blizzcon and then the next time none of it was real and we were all dreaming.

Bioware: you have ONE MONTH to deliver RANKED CROSS SERVER WARZONES. If you don't, all the people you baited into re-subbing under the guise of rated pvp in 1.2 will never come back, and servers will collectively die.

You have stated yourself you have no plans for server consolidation, which means that without the re-subbed playerbase coming back and staying, the game is dead.

One month. I hope you know what you're doing. All signs suggest you don't.

wow... does EA/bioware not know how important that patch is?

What do you think our arguments were to guildies, friends, familiy and for ourselves to justify staying here?

It was to be a first very important step to build confidence that this game will bring the kind of content we expect, to bring the features that other games have a launch if we are only patient.

How the **** are you expecting to keep people for GW2, for Diablo 3, heart of the swarm and DOTA 2?

Ah yes... with a solid show that our time here will be worth it.

For that we need to trust in your ability.

For that we need to trust your word.

well done...

Sorry to say i am on the other side of the fence on that - especially since they have no real ETA for ranked Warzones at this time

And possibly the reason they have no eta is because they dont know, it could be fixed right now by one dev altering one line of code and put in on an emergency patch on friday, it could be in 3 weeks.

Yup there are many records in the mmo history of much worse, swg is a prime example, jtl hits and bang change the game majorly, another expantion and nge. Even wow, look at path of the titans and the slew of other things announced one blizzcon and then the next time none of it was real and we were all dreaming.

It's been like 7 years or so and I'm still bitter about my Jedi. I promised I would never pay for anything with Sony on it, and I haven't. I sold my PS2, that's how pissed off I was at the time.

It's a good thing that ranked warzones are delayed. There were just too many issues with them, including the potential of having uneven numbers and some even nastier things.

A very brave and good call to delay them and especially listening to the community feedback in order to make thins right and not delay the whole game update any further.

I just hope the delay won't cause an option to toggle on Chat Bubbles to be delayed until after 1.3.

Edited by Glzmo

I think the biggest issue here is that all of us that were really looking forward to rated warzones just feel lied to.. I have never seen a developer be so unprofessional in my 10+ years of playing MMO's.

/signed

LiARS!!!

WoW pulled Path of the Titans well before the release. I have never seen/heard of anything getting pulled 3 hours before a patch/xpac.

Mind you i never really played SWG and cant comment on the particulars you mentioned in your post.

Wish i had though.

Stephen, et al.,

There are a lot of folks that would love to test stuff on PTS (especially PvP and Rated WZ's) but most of us aren't in elite guilds that managed to snag a PTS character copy. Until BW makes that more widely available, you'll never have the numbers you need to properly test this stuff.

UO had a nearly instant method of Test Server character creation over 15 years ago.

Just saying...